Posts by nickeveslage

Hey, everyone!

A little while back I did some profiling of my Hughes & Kettner Switchblade's clean channel with a TS808 through a Hughes & Kettner CC412 cabinet. I'm pretty happy with the results and figured maybe some of the people on the forum might get some use out of them. Just search for Nick Eveslage on the Rig Exchange and you'll find them. The amp and the microphones were untouched between profiles. The only difference is in the TS808. My naming convention could use some love, but numbers represent the knobs on the TS808 and their o'clock positions in 12-hour time (...because I didn't think ahead). XX means that the knob was all of the way up.

Let me know if any of you give them a whirl. I'd love to hear what you think!

Nick

So... is it me, or is the key to a really good clean sound a really good reverb setting?

I think that's a big part of it, depending on the application as @Monkey_Man stated. I've noticed with the Kemper that I'm using more reverb than I normally would with a regular amp, but that is certainly due to the nature of the device and how I'm using it. I run direct and use in ears probably a good 80% of the time, so I basically get zero room sound at all. For most applications, a perfectly dry clean sound isn't going to sound very natural. I sometimes forego using reverb though and just use a low level delay to give me space. Not a big reverb guy over here.

Thanks for these profiles, Michael!

It's hard to pick a favorite, but the Tweedy pack is probably my favorite collection. A little while back I spent an entire night programming songs in performance mode for a 3 hour country cover gig. Each song had it's own profile and everything was strategically planned out. At sound check I somehow ended up on one of the Twin profiles from the Tweedy pack and ended up spending the whole gig on that one profile and simply using my volume knob and a boost in the Kemper for my clean, rhythm, and lead sounds.

These days I'm working with a new country cover band and I spend most of my time bouncing back and forth between the Star Celestial and Lonestar Ch 2 profiles. I couldn't be happier with my Kemper thanks to your profiles. I've got not only the best tone of my life, but the most convenient and consistent. Would you mind sharing what you use for your song, Amazed? It's one of our favorites to play in our band.

I can not wait to see you play in a couple of weeks here in MN with Jarrod Niemann and Jana Kramer. Looking forward to hearing you and your Kemper in action!