Posts by Ryder35

HI All,

Dumb question but I want to connect my kemper to the power amp of my blues cube to see what it sounds like. I know I need to go from the kemper to the fx return on the cube but just checking what cable to use as I know getting it wrong can be disaterous! I assume I connect with a regular guitar cable not a speaker cable?

TIA

Hate to buck the trend but I have one (as well as a custom shop 58 reissue from 2014) On mine the tuning is flawless, quick and accurate. Most people who complain have probably tried it in a shop without having read the manual I suspect (or I just got lucky) I like the neck, but try it before you buy it is very different to standard Gibson necks (more PRS like) You get the brass nut Titanium saddles and an easier to adjust bridge if any of that means anything to you. Pickups are more modern sounding than my RI but on the standard at least you have more tonal options with push/pulls etc

HI

I can no longer open rig manager on my mac book air. WHen I try I get the following message

"The last time you opened Rig Manager, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?"

If I choose Reopen it says it quit unexpectedly and clicking on reopen takes ma back to the original message.

I have tried deleting the database and reinstalling but get the same error.

I have contacted support but does anyone have any ideas in the meantime? Thanks

Thanks I'll check that but I only downloaded them a few days ago and did not have the problem with my previous kemper

Edit, Just checked and parallel path is indeed on and set to -5. Turned it off, stored the new profile and it seems to be working. Thanks so much Paults...life saver!

Hi All

I am having problems with my profiler loading a set of profiles. They are the Mesa Roadking ones form the amp factory.

I have just swapped my 3 day old Kemper for the bundle with the remote. Importing worked fine on the old one but on this one when I import any of the profiles for this amp (named AF5-Roadking ch3 vin2 for example) they appear to load fine but you get nothing but a clean sound (like if no profile is loaded. The gain knob does nothing nor does enabling/disabling effects. I have tried loading them via rig manager and via a USB. I have redownloaded them from the site but still the same. If you browse to the profile and select it you just get clean sounds, if you then turn the browse button to a different amp and then back without selecting the different amp and hit the load button it starts working properly (almost like it needs to be loaded twice!) If you go from the profile to a different one and hit load and then try to go back to the mesa profile it does not load properly again!

Really confused, anyone got any ideas?

All other profiles including ones from the Amp factory seem to work OK and I am up to date with FW

Drat, I thought that might be the case. I had seen some other info implying it was not possible but was hoping I was missing something. Time for a rethink about the best way of doing it. (basically I want an easy way to switch between sets of rigs for different songs and then settings for each song. The plan was to put each song into a bank in performance mode and use the up/down switches on the pod to switch banks and then the 4 bank switches to pick the settings needed for the song.

Hi All

Just getting to grips with my new Kemper. I am trying to get the pod hd to control the Kemper via midi. It works fine in browse mode but I cant get it to work in Performance mode. Looks like the fact that there are only 4 buttons in each bank on the HD 500 is the problem. Has anyone managed to get it working, if so could you share tips or point me to a guide. Pretty much a Midi noob so basic instruction is what is required ;)

Just to let you all know, I am now the happy owner of a Kemper and a Yamaha HS7 monitor. Works flawlessly with rocksmith and the tones already surpass the Pod HD500 by a big margin, even without much tweaking. It is also so much easier to use. Now I just have to work out how to use my pod as a midi footswitch and I will be good to go.

Thanks both of you for your help

HI All,

I have an unusual requirement that I am hoping can be solved with the Kemper Amp.

For practice I use the Rocksmith 2014 game on my console. This is a great tool but the in built amp sounds are pretty poor. The way it works is you plug the special cable into your guitar and it uses this to detect the pitch that you are playing, thus scoring your playing in the game as you play real songs.

Inorder to improve the sound I currently use a pod HD and DT 25 combo but am struggling to get good sounds out of the pod. It does however connect easily to Rocksmith.

Rocksmith needs a dry (i.e no effects or amp modelling) guitar sound for accurate note detection and at the moment I simply plug my guitar into the pod, set up an effects loop on one channel and my pedals and apm etc on the other. The rocksmith then plugs into the fx send socket on the pod and gets the dry guitar signal. The effects etc then go to the DT-25.

So my question is can I output a clean, dry sound from the Kemper to the console via the rocksmith cable while still outputting the modelled sound to an active monitor? This would be the same as sending the dry guitar sound without amp/effects to another guitar amp I guess.

Thanks for any help, I hope I have explained what I want in enough detail. Hpefully I will be able to do this and will soon be a proud owner!