Posts by Bilbosmeggins

Hi all. Is there a sure-fire way to get the Remote to display the correct profile name in the available slots? It is really getting on my tits at the moment as it just displays names of profiles that I've used in the past, but seldom the one that is currently in use. I've tried banking up and down again just to see if it needs refreshing but to no avail. It means that I am having to memorise the positions of my presets for each performance which kind of renders the display useless. I thought this had been addressed in the latest firmware update, but my KPA is bang up do date. Any help greatly appreciated:)

............because it's so damned good!! Took the toaster to rehearsals the other week, and neither of the other guys had seen one before. They hadn't even heard of the Kemper. One or two doubtful glances in my direction, as I started to hook it up to the Yamaha DXR10. It must have all looked a bit naff and taboo. However, once I fired it up, and plugged in my Tokai Les Paul, their ears soon pricked up. The one guy got all sulky and left early with his Fender Mustang, and the other guitarist just wanted to abandon his own amp and have a little play through mine. The "little play" lasted half of the evening as he went through every lick he knew, with a huge smile on his face. He's saving up for one now ;)

And last night, we had a new drummer start (yep, he's just as bad as the old one), and he stopped proceedings to enquire what was that contraption with all of the lights on it? I explained, as best as I could, and he just could not believe how big, and full the sound was coming from the KPA, and a small FR speaker. Turns out his son is a guitarist too. Meantime, Kevin, who is normally happy with his sound, seemed to spend half of the night twiddling, and tweaking his amp just trying to find a sound that pleased him. He just couldn't, and did quite a bit of cursing. I think the Kemper just seems to shine so bright that it quickly highlights any shortfall in the other gear.

I seriously couldn't be any happier with the sound I'm now getting. For the first time in a long time, I no longer lust after other gear. The Kemper has pretty much covered it all for me. One happy bunny :)

Thanks Raoul. I've had a play and am able to tweak and save. Mind you, the slots are a bit annoying as they display one thing, whilst the main display shows something else. I thought that was a bug that had been ironed out. Confused the hell out of me for a while :0

............................ Being able to have profiles of Paul Kossoffs very own Selmer (that could be the one he recorded the ARN solo with), Mark Knopflers Trainwreck, Gilmours HiWatt, still give me goose bumps.

Didn't know about the Kossoff amp. Will deffo investigate further. Thanks :)

Hi all. It's stupid question time again :)

Can I edit my rigs whilst in Performance Mode? I just want to be able to tweak volume and eq, so they all sit nicely together. Either I'm being thick (highly likely), or I'm missing something. If it can't be done what is the best workaround so I can quickly compare rigs?

Cheers :)

WOW!!!!!!!! just had a quick blast through this and I went straight to the amps that I know well eg JCM800, Mesa triple Rect and I'm really impressed with how these sound without tweaking just playing straight off the bat. My fav profiles so far Are JCM800, Mesa triple rect, Soldano, dirty shirly, Marshall Jubilee and Marshall JTM. I haven't tried the rest yet I just go hooked on jamming these ones. Nice work Andy this pack has defo got some of your best work in just having the JCM800 in here has got me smiling from ear to ear. :thumbup::D

Hi Raoul23. How are you finding the Dirty Shirley? I know that M Britt has a pack that contains it, but the rest of his pack held no appeal for me whatsoever, so I refrained from buying. This TAF pack looks a lot more promising though, with the Dirty Shirley being the icing on the cake.

Yes, I have a tutor. He's guided me through some of the classic rock stuff in the past, but we are on a finger-picking crusade at the moment, and for the foreseeable future. So I'm pretty much on my own in trying to forge ahead playing rock. But it's as I stated in my OP: I'm not after simplified versions of songs. I'm after simpler songs in all of their glory, if that makes any sense :)

Thanks. Yes, I tend to use Ultimate Guitar for my tabs, and youtube is my friend :) Also getting quite a bit of mileage out of Lick-Library videos. We used to play the Kinks one, but all agreed to drop it 'cos it wasn't well liked. A good one to play for rapid barre chord movement though.