Posts by Bilbosmeggins

Do you think the Kemper would ever emerge as a combo unit? And would there be a market for it? Once a week, I have a practice session at a mate's house, but, as much as I love my toaster, it has become a bit of a faff about, what with disconnecting everything, bagging it all up, carrying around the DXR10, and all the cables etc. So much so, that I've just bought a little Blackstar ID15 to fill in for my practice nights. It's not a bad little practice amp, but it's certainly a step in the wrong direction. I just got to thinking that if a KPA were to emerge, housed in a FRFR cab, it would be a sure-fire purchase from me. It could have cut-down specs, and could probably lose the ability to profile too. As long as it did what it does now and plays host to profiles and rigs. I could always buy the rack version, I suppose, and do a bit of a Heath-Robinson bodge cabinet conversion myself, but would much prefer a "proper" option :)

Hi all. Thanks for all of your suggestions. I'm definitely leaning towards a clean slate. I shan't really get a chance to tackle it until the weekend, what with work and rehearsals, but I have to do something as I'm totally swamped at present. I do have some profiles favourited though, so I can access those quickly enough, but, ideally, I'd like all of my profiles to be favourites, or at least necessary for certain songs :)

Phew!! Wow, thanks for that :)

It sounds like you have a pretty systematic approach to your music. 3 Days just to organise your bass profiles is quite some time investment. But I guess it's time well spent as you now have immediate access to the good stuff. No getting distracted as you stumble across "interesting" profiles that have little to do with the music you are about to embark upon.

Well, you've certainly given me food for thought, and it's not like any profiles are getting tossed on the fire. They can all be easily resurrected again. Looks like I've got much work ahead ;)

So it's probably best to pretty much empty the profiler then, and save everything to Rig Manager, then slowly re-introduce them as the need arises? I'm a bit of a bugger for flicking back and forth between 4 guitars, so maybe I also need to create guitar-specific folders to get the best out out of them.

I guess I shouldn't complain, as it's a nice position to be in, what with having too much good stuff to choose between. I come from the Line 6 camp, where 90% of the presets were totally unusable. The other 10% needed major tweaking, lol :)

Just curious as to how you guys sort out which profiles to keep and which to sling? When I first powered up my new Kemper, there was pretty much close to a 1000 rigs on there. I also bought a TAF package as a bundle with my KPA, which consisted about 370-odd rigs. Naturally, because I'd bought these I wanted them installed, so I deleted loads of ultra-high gain stuff that doesn't interest me, and some random profiles. I then bought a Top Jimi pack ('74 Marshall Super Lead) which is awesome. So, again, I squeezed them on. The thing is, that I now have a toaster that is nearly full to the brim, and it's almost impossible to properly audition each rig properly as there are so many variables involved. I'd hate to get rid of a rig that I thought was mediocre, only to find that if, for instance, I had plugged in a strat instead of a Les Paul it would have been amazing.

Ideally, I would like a Kemper that played host to no more than about 50 profiles, covering a wide spectrum. As things stand now the whole thing is a bit overwhelming. It would be easy if most of the profiles were junk, but the majority that come with the KPA are of a pretty high standard. I really don't know where to start to be honest.

Take a look at the Thomas Dill workshop on youtube. Imo its a good presentation of the kpas flexibility. Its not one tweaked rig but he uses good rock sounds and the rig are for free if you like to download them. Good setted effects and a good describing handout downloadable on the kpa site.
    Maybe this tip will help a little

Hi again. I had a look, but, unfortunately for me, I could only find a German video. And my German is not good. Shame, as it looks a very comprehensive overview.

Thanks for the video, and apologies for the delay. I've been away on a mini-break, with no online access. That's the kind of video that I had in mind, but preferably not metal orientated. Was rather hoping for some classic rock type stuff. No offense, but I think metal is one of those love or hate genres. Unfortunately, I'm in the latter camp :(

Can anybody point me towards a video that showcases just how flexible the KPA can be within a single profile? Changing the gain, eq etc. I'm trying to educate a bunch of nay sayers who are fixated on this "snapshot frozen in time" nonsense. An idea not helped by Anderton's recent Helix promoting video. They've got it into their heads that you need 100-odd profiles of the same amp with slight variations to cover any ground. I know that I could record something myself, but my dodgy playing would overshadow any toaster glory :(

Thanks in hope :)

I owned a Pod HD500X too. Whilst there were some decent sounds in there, I spent half of my life on my knees fiddling about in a painful menu system that I never really got to grips with. Pretty much just ended up using stock presets 'cos it was such a pain to use. Okay, there is plenty of deep-editing available on the KPA, but the main bones of it is simplicity itself. I can pretty much dial in what I need in little to no time. And it feels incredibly organic when playing. I found the pod to be quite sterile in comparison.

Formatting made no difference. I'm beginning to think that my KPA is faulty. I had an issue some weeks back where it announced that files were corrupt upon start-up, and then it performed some self-diagnostic test and appeared to remedy the problem. Is there a way to force an update seeing as it's refusing to look automatically?

Just received my Remote today and all is not going well........ When trying to load a rig into one of the 5 slots I'm having to go through the process several times before it will display the correct name in the slot. However, once I've got the name displaying correctly it's then a lottery as to whether the name pertains to the actual rig or not. I've just set up a performance where all slots are displaying what they should, but slots 1-3 are displaying "Crunch" in the main display (same on the KPA), and are also activating "Crunch" when pressed. Only slots 4+5 are actually playing, and displaying correctly in the main header. Any ideas anyone?