Posts by Bilbosmeggins

I was just having a poke around on youtube and came across this guy. Never seen anyone tapping like this before, with such emotion. Just sensational. And the Kemper sounds amazing too:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Once they get going, this rocks. That intro is pretty rough though... you can tell she knows the band's dragging, and she's trying to slow down, but the band just keeps slowing down even more.

Yep, she does have to drag them though the intro a bit. The band are usually a lot tighter than that. Hoping to catch her live in the coming months :)

I bought mine purely to keep me amused whilst I awaited the release of the Helix, fully intending to sell it on at a small loss come the day. I was astounded by the quality of sound that I now have with the toaster. So much so, that now I don't even think about the Helix anymore. And as for re-selling my KPA? Never!!

I can think of a couple of reasons why you might be drawn. However, IMHO, if it's a female guitarist's take on Hendrix you are looking for then look no further than Chantel. Simply amazing!!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm not saying that I believe it should or shouldn't be a 10/10. Without any personal hands-on it would be impossible for me to formulate an opinion. And, yes, I think a certain degree of sugar-coating takes place. But 10/10 is more like throwing flowers at their feet. I believe they also dished out a 10/10 for the Bluguitar Amp1, who, being a tiny company, would have been unlikely to offer the magazine any "incentives" for a favourable review. I know it's easy to be cynical, and I'm as guilty as most in that respect, but there has to be a fair amount of credence to the review as 10/10 is one hell of a bold statement. Mind you, Guitarist Magazine were also waxing lyrical about the 2015 Gibson range, and look how that turned out :/
    :)

Thanks all. Really pleased that I made the right choice with no regrets whatsoever. And every time I turn it on I find something new. There is so much to discover that it is mind boggling. The only thing I'm getting from elsewhere is reverb at the moment. My Hall of Fame is a tough act to beat, I even preferred it to the Big Sky. The KPA's not quite up to spec yet in that department, but I'm sure it will close the gap with each firmware update. Couldn't be happier :)

Hi all

Previously I had been running a rather large pedal board set-up, Gigrig G2, Strymons etc. And, whilst it sounded great, there was always problems due to the high amount of cabling, and power supply issues etc. You know the kind of thing....... When all you want to do is play, yet you spend most of the afternoon crouched down over the pedalboard trying to catch the latest gremlin. Anyhow, I decided that I wanted to simplify things a bit, and just get some stress-free playing in. I looked at the TC G-System, but read so many bad reports of poor support, and technical issues that had to be worked around. So then I got wind of the Line 6 Helix, and got quite excited. It seemed to tick most of the boxes, and there seemed to be quite a positive buzz surrounding it's impending release. So I sold loads of stuff to put sufficient funds in the bank in preparation. Then I waited, and waited and waited some more. There just never seemed to be a release date in sight and I was getting twitchy.

Enter the Kemper. Although I'd obviously heard/read about the Kemper before, I'd never really "got it". The whole concept seemed a bit hocus-pocus, and I couldn't possibly see how it could fulfil it's ambition. Well, with the money burning a hole in my pocket I started researching the Kemper a bit more thoroughly. And, try as I might, it was hard going trying to discover anything negative about it. I checked multiple online reviews, several youtube videos, and many forums, including this one. And I started to get very excited about the toaster. Although I must confess that I still had a yearning for the Helix. So I hatched a plan. I would buy a Kemper, and would probably quite like it, but not be blown away. I would then sell it when the Helix got released, and probably not lose a fat lot of money in the process. Only my plan hit a bit of a snag. The Kemper is absolutely incredible!! No way, on this earth, am I going to sell it.

The day it arrived from Anderton's is a day I'll not forget in a hurry. I hooked it up and started to cycle through some of the on-board rigs. Just WOW!! My jaw hit the floor. All of the tone and dynamics of a tube, without having to nuke the neighbours with a sound-bomb. I just couldn't believe how utterly dynamic the profiled amps were. As part of the Kemper package, I also had a TAF bundle included, so I had some great quality "pro" rigs in there too. I can honestly say that I have never, ever played my guitar so much since the KPA arrived. When I'm at work, I'm literally counting down the hours so that I can get home for a blast on the beast. And the lust for the Helix? That's well and truly gone now, destroyed by the sheer might of the toaster. One happy bunny :)