Posts by Bilbosmeggins

This the same control pedal you've used elsewhere with success? (Just to eliminate a faulty pedal).

Otherwise have you ever tried a full factory reset?

I thought that because the pedal was being registered by the Kemper as sweeping across the full range according to the calibration meter that it was working perfectly. And also because it allows volume swells perfectly fine. Now I'm not so sure. I shall try swapping the pedals over later, as I have 2 identical Mission pedals.

You're sure that the wah is on, and engaged? ;)

Absolutely, lol ^^

I found it difficult to get a good way sound initially but the monkey spent a while collating different way settings and published them here

Kemper Wah Settings

I couldn't get the settings to load but manually input a couple and the wah sounds great.

It's not about me getting a good wah sound, but more of the fact that I'm getting virtually zero wah effect, good or bad. But I shall certainly try those settings when I get the wah functioning.

Did you ever calibarate your pedal within the Kemper? This procedure tells the Kemper about the low and high values,..

Yes, as I said in the opening post. It calibrates perfectly.

....... I've had the Kemper for a little over a year now, and, when I first had it I couldn't get the wah functioning correctly. I wasn't concerned, as I was fairly certain it was a settings issue, and I had an external wah anyhow at the time. I then bought a couple of H9's, one of which handled wah for me. However, I since sold my wah, and was now hoping to sell the 2 H9's now that 5.0 has arrived with it's new delays.

So I turned my attention back to using the Kemper's wah. Checked a couple of threads on here concerning settings, and then duplicated them to no avail. I also tried someone's suggestion of using a commercial rig with a wah included, but that made no difference. I'm using a Mission pedal, and it calibrates just fine. It handles volume swells perfectly, so I know it's not defective. It's just that the wah is nowhere near what it should be. If I sweep the pedal up and down the difference in tone is almost indiscernible. It's not just a preference thing. If you saw me playing you'd wonder why the hell I was pressing the pedal up and down as you'd hear no evidence. Not sure what to do as the Kemper, bought from Anderton's, is outside of the warranty period now. Any suggestions?

Have you opened a support ticket?

No, not as yet. I was hoping it might have been something I could sort. Don't really want to be sending the unit back to Germany if I can help it. If this thread doesn't resolve anything than I shall have to.

....... I've had the Kemper for a little over a year now, and, when I first had it I couldn't get the wah functioning correctly. I wasn't concerned, as I was fairly certain it was a settings issue, and I had an external wah anyhow at the time. I then bought a couple of H9's, one of which handled wah for me. However, I since sold my wah, and was now hoping to sell the 2 H9's now that 5.0 has arrived with it's new delays.

So I turned my attention back to using the Kemper's wah. Checked a couple of threads on here concerning settings, and then duplicated them to no avail. I also tried someone's suggestion of using a commercial rig with a wah included, but that made no difference. I'm using a Mission pedal, and it calibrates just fine. It handles volume swells perfectly, so I know it's not defective. It's just that the wah is nowhere near what it should be. If I sweep the pedal up and down the difference in tone is almost indiscernible. It's not just a preference thing. If you saw me playing you'd wonder why the hell I was pressing the pedal up and down as you'd hear no evidence. Not sure what to do as the Kemper, bought from Anderton's, is outside of the warranty period now. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Kemper Land, and the best purchase you ever made. Loads of incredibly knowledgeable people on here if you need assistance, but just don't ask me anything.................................

............ 'Cos I don't know my arse from my elbow :/ But hey!! I'm still having fun :):):)

Both extremely grateful and very pleased with the new update. If the reverbs should get a makeover sometime in the future then that would be a nice bonus, although I do find the current reverbs pretty good, and perfectly serviceable. However, if the phaser and flanger fx could be given a bit more oomph then I would be totally at one with the world. I would have no need for external stomps whatsoever. My rig would be simplicity itself - just my KPA and my Remote. Here's hoping :) :)

On a sort of related note - I think that the Kemper team should really push hard to get the guitar press to take a second look at the KPA, and maybe re-review it. After all, it is a much more potent beast now, than when first released. Some people might think that it's getting a little long in the tooth and wrongly dismiss it. I think that there are many more sales to be had, and it needs to be pushed to the front. It's quite astonishing how many guitarists have no idea what a Kemper is, and have never heard of one. I've met quite a few myself.

Firstly, a big thanks to CK and the gang. The new delays are great. An awful lot of scope there, and a nice way of updating via RM was a welcome bonus. However, I have a slight problem now. I've just tried to play along to a backing track, and my Alternative Input, and Direct Input (where my stereo feed goes in from my Mac) have fell silent. I'm sure that the update has just reset, or altered some settings on my KPA but I'm buggered if I can get things going again. Any suggestions would be most welcome :)

Sorted problem now :) :)

Thanks to all who chipped in. I have quite a bit to be going at for a while. Last night I tried, as was suggested earlier in the thread, using my Zoom R24 as my input interface, and GarageBand as the DAW (just because I have it already on my Mac). The results were interesting. I shall need to spend some time trying to get a decent recorded tone, and figuring out what I'm doing wrong. At the moment, I get fantastic sound from my KPA either into headphones or via my DXR10. Once I try to record it things get far less impressive. Suddenly, my glorious Kemper sounds like a cheap Pod. I think I need to get stuck into the manual, and find the optimum output settings for recording, if there is such a thing. Wish me luck :)

It's been a while since I needed a reset, but I think it was as post number 3 on this thread:

https://www.kemper-amps.com/fo…tory%2Bdefault#post297491

Remembered this old video and thought it might be nice to see other people's favourite funny videos too :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I wouldn't rule out a factory reset. My Kemper sounded great until one day when I switched it on and it seemed to have turned to crap in the night. I spent a long time fannying about with settings (which I hadn't previously had cause to alter) and got nowhere. Came on to these forums to discover how to do a reset and Bingo!! Back to sonic heaven in an instant. If all else fails then it's certainly worth a shot, if only to eliminate it from your enquiries, so to speak.