Posts by lk_bill

I have a similar problem. Two inputs and two outputs on my interface. Do I have to use SPDIF or can I use TRS/TS cables... When I try it now, I get major feedback...haven't tried changing output to what u suggested either...

Evenian,

The feedback is probably because you have a track with output set to the same output you're sending the DI signal from. This must be creating a loop.

Thanks Nightlight.

Most of what you suggested I have done, apart from the following:

5) I'm not using spdif, since the apogee Duet does not have spdif. Instead I use "Return Input Reamp"
    6) I did not change the output at this stage, I left it to git/studio. Could that be the issue?

Is it possible to reamp with an interface that only has 2 inputs and 2 outputs?
    I've tried re-amping with my apogee Duet, without much success. When I playback the recorded DI track I can't hear the rig selected in the Kemper, only the dry DI track.

XLR-TS test did not work. No sound at all.

A shame the G70 does not have a ground lift on output B. I might try another ABY box, like Radial Twin-City or Fulltone Tru-Path. I've heard very good things about the Twin City. Any opinions on the Fulltone?

I will check again the connection (using the Line6 usb plug), but the more I read about it, the more I think I have a ground loop when using the 2 outputs A/B (Twin reverb / Kemper->powered Wedge). A shame there is no ground lift on the Relay g70 output B. only on output C (balanced XLR, which I can't use in my setup).

It's a shame the relay G70 does not have a ground lift on output B. It has one in output C, but I need to use unbalanced cables in my setup.
    Can I use output C with an XLR-TS cable without damaging the receiver? Something like that, to connect outputC to my twin reverb and use the "ground lift" button on the back of the relay receiver to address the ground loop?

I've experienced something similar with my G90 a couple times. More of a squeal than hum actually. The first time it happened I was convinced that the receiver was broken. Repeated power-cycling didn't help. Everything looked normal on the display/LEDs and the receiver was quiet until the transmitter was turned on and then started squealing. It turned out to be a badly seated power-cable on the receiver. I thought these digital units would either work fully or not, but obviously not so.

I will check again the connection (using the Line6 usb plug), but the more I read about it, the more I think I have a ground loop when using the 2 outputs A/B (Twin reverb / Kemper->powered Wedge). A shame there is no ground lift on the Relay g70 output B. only on output C (balanced XLR, which I can't use in my setup).

Not sure what could be going on there. I'm not super familiar with the G70 but I'd assume it should not be bleeding the charge with the bodypack turned off. Would be a pain if you had to remove the batteries each night.

Let us know if you find anything with the G70 battery eating behavior. I'm sure it'd be helpful info down the road for others with the same unit.

Yeah. Thats correct. I went with the "pro" model as they have a higher mAh capacity which significantly increases their runtime in high drain devices. Not sure an IEM bodypack reciever would be classed as high drain (my use of the batt's), but I'd bet a bodypack transmitter would. I was just covering my bases :) I seem to only need to charge each pair once per week on heavy practice/gig weeks, so 500 cycles of the 4 batteries should last me about 10 years.. I think that'll be ok. lol.. pretty good for a $30 outlay!

You're right, I thought about it after writing the comment. The pro should last you a long time. :)

As for the fast discharge, that's probably because I left the transmitter "ON" overnight. I thought the "sleep" function would drain very little, but it doesn't. It's probably only useful if you leave the guitar on a stand for 5 mn.

Hey Bobiz,

Very tasty tune of yours ("Amp Delight). Congrats, you're super talented. Can't stop listening. :)
    Reminds me of Satch style (which I like). The good notes at the right moment.

Actually, after double checking it seems like the hum is present only when I plug 2 outputs. and is present not only on headphones, but also on the frfr wedge an amp. If I remove one instrument cable from say output B, the hum is gone. I can reduce the hum when I increase the noise gate in the kemper, but that's not a solution.

Could it be ground loop related? I'm quite a noob when it comes to these things.
    Just got the relay a couple of days ago. I could swear that there was no hum on the first day I set it up. Only started yesterday.

My config is as follow:
    Line6 Relay G70 - output A goes to kemper -> Frfr Speaker.
    Line6 Relay G70 - output B goes to tube amp.
    I have A and B always active, I use the G70 stomp button to switch between my 2 guitars associated with one receiver each. I switch from amp to frfr wedge by using the tuners (kemper tuner to diable the kemper, stompbox tuner to disable the tube amp).

I have the exact same issue with my volume pedal, same brand/model. Boss fv-500F. Calibrated correctly as well. And Volume level pot set to Minimum on the pedal itself (can act as a regular volume pedal direct in an amp).
    I also had an Ultra before the Kemper, and there was an option to control the curve and in/out points of the expression pedal. I might have tweaked the "in" point to fix the issue with the Boss pedal, I'm not too sure, my memory is blurry, but I'm sure I ended up with a sweep that was working just fine with that pedal.

I noticed something weird last night when playing thru headphones with the G70. A very loud hum, which I don't get if I play thru my frfr speaker. I then disconnected the Line 6 transmitter cable from my guitar, used a regular instrument cable and the hum went away.
    Anyone experienced the same? What could it be?