Posts by GuyWithKemper

I agree on some of these.

1.) Speaker imprints seem to have been abandoned.

2.) Liquid Profiles. A lot of amps out there use Fender, Vox and Marshal based tone stacks and you can get away with using them on a lot of amps. It would however be nice to have some others that are more unique and don't quite fit the standard ones.

3.) ASIO driver. Although I would like them to take their time and get this one right, it does seem to be taking a long time. I have no idea if they are building one in-house or using thesycon, like a lot of others, but it would be nice to have something soon.

I totally agree with this. I find it amazing that Kemper nailed usability from day one. I use a power rack, and with that, I know I can go to any gig and be covered.

The I/O options, output EQ presets, controls for main and monitor volume, .... it's all there.

The effects are all I need and they all sound great. I've always thought that each modeler has its own signature sound, which is a culmination of the amps / cabs themselves, plus the effects. Here I think the Kemper delivers in spades and I'm always pleased with the overall sound of my presets.

The latest manual states that the USB audio sample rate is 44.1K only. It also states that there is no official ASIO driver, and it is in the works.

Does anyone know if other sample rates will be supported when the official ASIO driver is released?

Is the monitor level increasing when you turn up the master volume? You should see level indicators on the display as you raise/lower the volume. The speaker output uses the monitor volume, so make sure you have the output set so that the monitor volume is affected by the master volume knob. I forget the exact setting, but when you are in the Output settings menu, look at the soft buttons that link output volumes together.

I too resisted the Kemper Remote, used a few other MIDI footswitches and finally purchased the Kemper Remote.
    And... I totally agree with the others; just go and buy one. The integration is superb, it's very flexible and setting up patches / performances is a breeze. No messing with MIDI numbers or controllers, no mapping to do, it just works.

Wow, this is really an effective technique!
    One of my biggest peeves with the Kemper is that there always seems to be a constant level, no matter how dynamic you play or how dynamic the profile is. This really takes care of that and gives the illusion of depth. There definitely is a tipping point you need to find where it doesn't feel artificial, but when found I like the way it enhances the profile.

Pretty much this exactly.

Thank you so much Michael! I've come to the same conclusion on some of the configurations you mention, and trust that I would feel the same way with the ones I haven't tried.

I'll have to give your design a try. It looks to be exactly what I'm looking for.

Loved my 11R but no sense in keeping it around with a Kemper and an AXE. There was one preset I really liked called Metal Wide. Any chance you could profile that bad boy?!?

I made a profile of the Metal Spread preset in the 11R. That preset was pretty over the top with compression and so is this one. Hope you like it.

Look for 11R Metal Spread in the exchange.

Glad you like them.
    When I have time, I'll profile some others from the 11R.
    If there is a particular preset you want, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
    I can't seem to get a good profile of the Plexi in the 11R for some reason, but we'll keep trying.

The IRs were always a weak spot of the 11R, so try switching the cabs. I like to use the cab from the Pure Blues preset on the MS-30, which makes it a bit warmer.

So all you 3dB guys - what is your band's on stage volume like? Would 6dB be overkill in your world?

Moderate stage volume. We play small bars and clubs.
    For the most part, I find 6dB to be overkill, but it really depends on the rig being used. 3dB typically works fine, but there are occasions where I feel I need a little more.
    These days, I try not to get caught up in numbers and tweak until my leads are all about the same perceived level.