Posts by BigHairyProfiles

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey guys, if you haven't seen this yet. Chris Green made a cool demo video for the Sold100 pack.

NEW Big Hairy Profiles SOLD100 profile pack!

The BHP Sold100 profile pack seeks to recreate the classic guitar tones that featured the legendary 100w Soldano SLO-100. The tones from this amp are iconic. This profile pack recreates many of the legendary tones from some of the greatest recorded tones in rock history. Lukather, Van Halen, Clapton, Vai, Lynch, Moore, Knopfler are just a few of the names closely associated with this tone.

My amp has the factory Depth mod and Mid-Scoop mods which add bit more tone shaping possibilities to already perfect amp. The cleans are clear and robust. The crunch is an unsung hero of the amp, and are articulate and rocking'! The overdrive is perfection.

99 profiles - 26 tailored preset

example of some of the presets:

Sold100 EVH FU (as in the F. U. C. K. tone)

Sold100 Gary Moore Blues (Still Got the Blues)

Sold100 Luke Lead 1000 Years (The wet stuff from Lukather Toto 7)

Sold100 Luke --- actually there are 7 killer Steve Lukather presets

Sold100 MMars Feelgood (Mick Mars Dr. Feelgood)

Sold100 Govt Soulsine (Warren Haynes)

Sold100 Wicked Sensation (George Lynch Wicked album)

Sold100 Warren D (Warren Dimartini's live tone, and great all around 80's rock)

Sold100 Killsw Misha Boost (Killswitch Engaged)

Sold100 VivC Riverdogs (Vivian Campbell's Riverdogs tone)

Sold100 Whitesnake (Vivian Campbell's lead tone from Whitesnake era)

Sold100 Knopf Clean (Mark Knopfler)

30% off everything sale! Use coupon code: 30off2020

https://bighairyprofiles.com/item/bhp-sold100-profile-pack

Hi Jeff, I think we got all of the downloads squared away. To answer your question for others. Yes there are 2 main classic Metaltronix amps, the preamp GP-1000, and the head M-1000. There are similarities for sure. The same way the the Soldano X88R preamp and the SLO-100 are similar, but each has a distinct personality within that tonal circle. The M-1000 head actually has significantly more gain than the preamp. The preamp is a little more malleable tonally because I was able to use a VHT power amp (as well as Metaltronix solid state power amp) and insert rack EQ's. Both are killer for 80's mayhem.

https://bighairyprofiles.com/item/bhp-lj-mtx1000

The BHP LJ MTX1000 pack seeks to recreate the classic guitar tones from rigs that incorporated the Lee Jackson Metaltronix M-1000 amplifier head. This head was a culmination of 80's hard rock and metal mods done to heads of the best players in Hollywood. Zakk Wylde's came onto the scene with these tones. Paul Gilbert, George Lynch, Warren Dimartini, all launched their tones from. The "built to blast" design is bright and brash and gainy. But, when dialed in, these tone are iconic 80's metal tones that would be difficult to achieve with any other amp... unless it's one of Lee Jackson's mods.

27 Studio Profiles

SOUND SAMPLES - https://youtu.be/XcTytLRr1kc

LJ MTX1000 PRESETS:

Built to Blast

Clean He Says

Clean Sparkling

Loudness Thunder

Loudness Soldier

Lynch Lock & Key

Lynch Lock Lead

PG Lean Into It

PG Lucky This Time

PG Mr Big

PG Mr Big 2

PG Street Lethal

Ratt Lay It Down

Ratt Warren

Ratt You’re In Love

Stage II

Stage II Loud

Turned Up Loud

Vai Bump n Grind

Vai Eat ‘Em

Vai I’m Easy

with SD1

Zakk Crazy Babies

Zakk Purple Hz

Zakk Tattooed D

Zk Just Say Ozzy

Zk Just Say Ozzy Lead

Hi Gang,

While we're all stuck at home, let's play some guitar. Stay safe, and enjoy some killer 80's tones.

[edited by mod]

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

[edited by mod]

Hey everybody, 30% all profiles this week. I hope you enjoy!

If you haven't visited the store lately, I'm sure there's something new to check out.

BOGX - Based on the legendary Ecstasy head
    CARV100B - Based on Vai's Carvin tones, including Crossroads duel
    SOLD88 - Based on the epic 3ch preamp from Soldano
    BOGSIFH - Cantrell tones, Anthrax, Queensrynch, and killer studio tones
    ADAMP - Signature tones of the 80's!
    ADA45 - More amazing tones based on the MP-1
    EGGIE4 - Based on the versatile and refined studio beast from Egnater
    JMPRE - Based on Marshall's golden preamp box
    TRIX - Based on Boogie's Triaxis, with lots of JP Dream Theater love!
    UK800 / UK SILVER - The best Marshall profiles on the market, IMHO. Includes Zakk tones!
    HENNING -
    Based on the "Jose Mod" style amps

CUSTE+ - Lukather, Megadeth, studio tones galore!
    DMTR -
    Based on the rare and ultra vibey TGP-3. STP tones!!!

LJ1000 - Early Zakk tones, and early 80's modded amp tones!
    GIANT3 -
    Based on Bog's 3ch preamp design

KHQAATRO - Fat german tones... like Reb Beach and Kee Marcello!

MBPRE - Based on classic studio tones from Boogie!

RANDO - Based on solid state Randall rock tones!

3MNKY - Based on class A botique amp tones

DIAZ PXX - Based on tones from the man who dialed in SRV's amps

SILVERTTWIN - garage and indie tones!

SUPR - rock. rock. rock.

I know this is a thread necro, but WOW, these profiles are amazing!!! Picked them up over the weekend, and I've played nothing else all weekend. This pack screams 80's hair bands. At work today and can't wait to grab my guitar this evening.

Thanks LP! There's a few new packs up there, that I've managed to complete. They aren't the most 80's and hairy though. There's a new pack based on the Cesar Diaz P-XX. I've been looking for this amp for about 20 years. It's a killer SRV, Govt Mule, Keith Richard vibey tone machine. Love it! Also, a while back I had profiled my old Silverstone TwinTwelve, and a pair of Supro amps. Those guys are great for Indie Rock, and Garage Rock, or just good ol' Led Zep style tones.

Can we get a list of what packs have merged/direct profiles and which ones don't by any chance?

These packs have Direct and Merged profiles: Sold88, BogFish, ADAMP, CustE+, TRIX, DMTR.

I'm not a huge fan of Merged profiles. Especially for clean sounds. I think Studio profiles are generally more accurate. These profiles came out pretty nice though. My thought process was to create a batch of patches that are how I'd set up my sounds for live or a studio date. Nice meat and potatoes, balanced tones.

Hi Guys,
    Yes. "S" at the end is studio. "D" is direct. "M" is merged. The "S#" is a weird thing. If you profile an amp, but tell the Kemper that there is no cabinet (but DO indeed have a cabinet mic'd up), the Kemper does a pretty good profile. In some ways, I think it's more accurate to the source, but it causes problems because you have no cabinet control... since it thinks there's NO cab.

I'm happy to announce the new Henning "Bottle Rocket" profile pack.

Thanks to Steve Henning for his support in creating this pack.

The Bottle Rocket is the latest design from Henning Amplification. A single channel 50 watt amp with enough tonal versatility to cover any gig. It has a lineage from old "Jose Mod" EL34 amps, but the Bottle Rocket continues from there.

The Bottle Rocket features dual gain controls (each with a 3-way bright switch), dual foot switchable masters (each with a 3-way saturation switch) and and an overall master. The Bottle Rocket's preamp design is loosely based on the flagship Cherry Bomb's ROD channel. It is capable of heavier/more saturated tones, as well as giving you the ability to tighten the bass response considerably. You can mix the bright switch settings and gain control settings to get everything from classic rock tones to the heaviest modern metal tones. The Bottle Rocket also features global presence and resonance controls. The presence control provides high frequency variable feedback in power amp section, while the resonance control adds depth to the bass response.

In creating this profile pack, I tried to capture the breadth of tones that the "BR" is capable of. I used v30 and "Creamback" speakers into a sm57 / API preamp combination to capture all of the EL34 glory! This amp has a strong, bold character that sings through from it's super cleans to it's heaviest saturated tones. It's a joy to play and records VERY well.

Thanks to Chad Medeiros for the profiled amp and for the intro tune in the intro of the demo video.
    http://henningamps.com

https://bighairyprofiles.com/item/bhp-henning-bottle-rocket

Awesome vid, @Alebas. I hadn't seen that one. @BigHairyProfiles is apparently a damn good guitar player, in addition to making great profiles. I originally bought his 800 pack to copy the chorus settings from some of the Zakk rigs, but it looked like more of them had space than chorus, unless I missed it being before the amp. Haven't had much time to play, lately. I'll have to check it out.

Thanks a million Patrick! I'm not a huge fan of the Kemper FX, so I'm always tweaking them to try to make the work. I think putting an Eventide H9 in the FX loop would be an incredible improvement. That said, having built-in FX really makes things easy. I like the "Space" FX on Kemper. It helps to add some dimension to the sound without adding "reverb" to it. That biggest challenge with the effect; dialing in depth and dimension.

I did a mega-shootout of reverbs, including the Kemper reverbs in this video. https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=xkDIhTtyoes IMHO, a reverb from any other source will beat out the internal verbs.

Thanks Brother!!!!

At 3:00 I was using the Lee Jackson preamp/power amp. So check out the LJ1000 pack for that tone. If you want the more Marshall tones, those profiles are in my UK800/UKSilver pack. I did profiling the same time I made those videos, so it's the exact tone. HOWEVER... The Les Paul is a big factor in that tone. A Strat through the same profile really doesn't sound the same. The Lee Jackson stuff doesn't have nearly as much gain as one would expect, so sometimes it needs to be adjusted based on the guitar.

https://bighairyprofiles.co/item/577822186edca00f805223ae
    https://bighairyprofiles.co/item/bhp-uk