Posts by braleigh

So I'm about to play my first series of shows using the Kemper live. I have a toaster going through a Power Station and into an Avatar 2x12 cab for a 'monitor'.

We're typically playing smaller stages, don't need IEMs . Do you guys typically ask for any Kemper in your wedges? Or do you just control your stage volume with the Kemper? Play it by ear?

thanks!

Downloaded the BoC set last night. Haven't had a chance to dive in all the way yet, but that K4 EQ really sounds really great with my Taylor 415. Looking forward to cranking up the Traynors and the Goldfingers. Another great set, Michael!!

One question @lonestargtr: Do you happen to take pics of all the amps you profile? The gear nerd in me would like to see the actual amps that I'm playing through...

Thanks man!

Man, I've been meaning to let you know how much I love your profiles. I just got my Kemper about a month ago and your profiles were what sold me on it (you should really talk to ckemper about some commission :) I've deleted everything else that was on there and added all of your packs except the Dumbles.

One of the big reasons I picked up the KPA is because I have a VERY early build of a Naylor SD60 that I should really stop gigging with and spilling beer on before Danny can't put it back together anymore. The idea was to profile it with the KPA, but your SD60 profiles are so good that I haven't bothered making my own yet. And those Betchleys! Dude. So great to see somebody giving Danny some love. He's an amazing builder and deserves so much more credit for the whole boutique amp craze than he gets. I hope folks hear those profiles and look him up.

Would love to see a proper Dual Citizen profile. Been loving what I've heard of that one for a while now.

Thanks so much for all you do, Michael!

I have been working diligently all week to get the new profiles available, hopefully next week. They will be single amp smaller packs for now. I had some amps that just needed more than 6-8 profiles to do them justice so I thought I'd do some smaller packs to try something different. My website has been due for a little revamp so I figured this would be as good a time as ever.

The Dual Citizen is great. My MB100 (MBC) amp was the first incarnation of that amp. I heard Jamie's new AC circuit and asked if he could make an amp with the new AC circuit and my blackface circuit from my DW proto amp and while he was at it, make it 100 watts so I can make sure the neighbors hear it. The Dual Citizen is very similar except that it has a tube rectifier (my 100w is ss), is lower wattage (around 50w), and he has made some additional modifications after he made mine. Jamie makes great amps. I still want to get a Wooly Coats.

Anyway, stay tuned, hopefully Monday will be the day, but no promises… I have a lot of clips to record and we have 2 shows this weeken

Looks awesome - how much do these cost? I was eyeing the Boss ES8 which I am sure isn't as classy but cheaper.

I put the overdrives into the front of my amps, while the modulation stuff goes through the effects loops. I'll do the same with the Kemper. Depending on the gig, I'll either use the whole board or just use the RST as a MIDI controller for the KPA and use the on-board effects.