Posts by Section8

Page 163 of current version of Reference Manual:

"If you don’t require TAP, TUNER or LOOPER buttons in their default function you can flexibly assign other switching functions or completely deactivate these buttons on page Remote Settings in System Settings."

That sentence is so full of win!

I have accidentally hit both the Looper and Tuner buttons, at different times, by mistake, on stage, when clicking a stomp switch. I run around the stage a lot and am not carefully looking down and gently pressing the stomps. It's a quick and dirty process. I usually realize what's happening, immediately, each time, and am able to correct it in a few seconds, but it's annoying. Real-world gig conditions require that foot switches that you don't ever use, which can possibly cause catastrophic live situations should be able to be made "inert". Anyone who plays with this live, a lot, and hasn't hit them accidentally must have tiny feet or be standing still throughout the gig or sitting in a chair or not using the stomps a lot, or a combination of those... just sayin'. I've been playing live for 20 years and hitting the wrong foot switch has always been a danger, no matter what type of pedals or boards I was using, simply because "fog of war".

I run and jump around a lot and only stand slightly still when I'm singing backup vocals. For other rigs and this one a physical solution has been necessary, like gluing plastic domes over the switches so accidental triggering isn't possible or at least very improbable. The Kemper is so configurable that I think settings to simply disable these switches would be ideal. I came to this post through a search when it became clear that I wanted to disable these switches for my next gig. I never use the tuner button intentionally. I think making the tuner not mute will fix the tuner problem, since I already make my tuner engage when volume pedal is at 0, but the looper is the one that is causing me the most grief and I need to either find a way to disable it in the software or put a physical obstacle over the switch.

I'm glad to hear this is being addressed, because it's the only thing I've really been unhappy with.

Hi Section8, how did you fasten the remote to this pedal board?

I removed the screws that hold the rubber feet on the bottom, and removed the feet, then put two adhesive strips of industrial hook (velcro) material on the bottom. I was careful not to cover the serial number label on the bottom of the remote. Then just pushed it on to the pedal board which was already carpeted with loop (velcro) material. It is tight an solid on the board.

I use wireless, so I am trying to imagine how a stompbox would work for me. I only need the kill switch on a couple of tunes, so I'm not sure how much complexity/cabling/etc. I want to add to my rig for a momentary kill switch. If this would be done with my Kemper controller or expression pedals that would be optimal.

I have 2. I removed the rubber feet and put the screws back in.....it holds the plate down. I've never had any problem. I recently pulled the Velcro off
    to use the pedals stand alone along with the Remote (no pedalboard).

That sucks. Did you let Mission Eng. know about this? That shouldn't be happening with a new pedal that costs that much.

[/quote]

I do need to let them know, especially considering it was brand new when it fell off. You can even see it in my 2nd pic in this thread. When I opened the case to take the pick the rubber tread pad had fallen off the green pedal, on the left, and I flopped it back on there to take the pic. The black one doesn't seem to have the same problem.

Hi,
    Anyone knows how to create a "Kill switch / Toggle switch effect" that can be controlled by an expression pedal ?
    Thanks

This is a great question. I need this for some songs that we do with the guitar simulating record-scratch effects. I find the technique difficult with my guitar pickup switch and have been considering installing a momentary kill switch on one of my guitars, but having this in a pedal would be an amazing solution.

Do you have the Mission EP1-KP? I found mine to be unsuitable for direct attachment of velcro to the bottom plate, as the bottom plate on these pedals is very flimsy. Mission actually sells a plexiglass mounting plate (FOR $25!) which is way to much for a piece of acrylic with 4 holes drilled in it. The Stage Trix Wah Fasteners cost 1/4 of that. Also, the Stage Trix Wah Fasteners didn't work perfectly, as the bottom plate screws were too short. I purchased longer screws from Home Depot to solve that. Incidentally, the rubber tread pad on my green EP1-KP fell off when I unpackaged it and the adhesive has never worked well on that one, which has been irritating. When I transport and open the pedal board the rubber pad is often loose in the case and I curse and press it back on the pedal and perform. I haven't gotten around to securing it with additional adhesive.

Another thing about the Pedal Pad. I specifically asked the owner to drill holes for a standard "D Series" mount on the left side, so I could put a CAT 5 pass-through on board and patch Kemper rack unit to that, rather than directly to the foot controller (the idea being that if someone tripped over the cable it wouldn't damage the jack on the controller. I have a similar pass through a patch bay back of my rack for the same reason, to protect jack on Kemper and also make setup, especially in dark places, easier/faster.

Section8, exactly which one did you pick up? I am interested in getting one of those, do you have the specs or product info on that sucker.

mojo

Here you go:
    http://www.pedalpad.com/produc…56713276/category=6472051
    ...just read posts about wierdness with Pedal Pad's site... dunno about that. I can't reproduce that issue. Also, you will notice in the pics on the site that there are two vertical columns of slots routed out for cables, but mine has three vertical columns. The owner said that this was the new design going forward. It seems more flexible than the old design.

Sorry for the delay in posting this... I overcommitted, as usual. This pedalboard setup was the result of a lot of trial an error. I ordered and returned two other pedal boards from two other manufacturers, and the Pedal Pad blew them away.

Rugged tolex-covered case, recessed latches, comfortable handle... break-away hinges for lid removal.

[Blocked Image: http://i217.photobucket.com/al…r/IMG_20151027_224511.jpg]

Hinged loop-top with slots for cable management. I used Stage Trix Wah Fasteners to attach the mission pedals.

http://www.stagetrixproducts.com/wah-fastener.html

This board is just the right size and I like the angled surface. You might notice the rubber tread pad on my left Mission expression pedal is off-center. This is because the adhesive failed, from the factory, and the pad just keeps falling off. X( I need to contact mission and let them know that the simplest component on this item (a sticky rubber pad) is failing. The velcro wrap on the upper left is an extra, that I stuck there for my mic stand/cable when setting up for shows. Also, the mission pedal on the right has the spring-load option and the lid of pedal board does depress it a little, when I put it on, since the toe is a little higher than the available clearance, but it doesn't seem like an issue. The board also has a healthy coating of Shiba Inu hair from my dogs.

[Blocked Image: http://i217.photobucket.com/al…r/IMG_20151027_224531.jpg]

Underneath the hinged top is a lot of space for essential cables. I keep my balanced cable, that I run to FOH, and remote Cat 5 inside. I added a Neutrik to both sides of my Remote Cat 5, as I have a patch bay on the back of my Kemper rack for all connections. The cavity also has loop material, so I use velcro wraps to secure pedal patch cables to bottom.

[Blocked Image: http://i217.photobucket.com/al…r/IMG_20151027_224553.jpg]

I am very picky and I love this setup.

I've finally finished my rig and will post pics later. After trying boards I already had and ordering and returning multiple other nice boards (Trailer Trash, etc.) I finally found the perfect board for my needs and the KPA controller + 2 expression pedals. It's the perfect size and allows me to store essential cables underneath, as well. Will post pics this evening, as previously mentioned.

Link to board:

http://pedalpad.com/products#!…27578297/category=6472051

I think we all need to take a harder look and attempt to reach beyond the concept of Quantum. Since a quantum is merely the MINIMUM amount of a physical entity's involvement in an interaction, the Quantum iteration merely represents the most minuscule of distances traveled and the tiniest, most fractional of possible evolutionary steps along the endless and winding road to what is the desired final destination. Reaching the final destination, the ultimate goal, would represent the absolute pinnacle of what could possibly be the most authentically reasonable facsimile of real.

Anything can sound bad including the real amps for that matter. So this is really moot - anything can sound bad but can everything sound great? Hmm I guess the real question is can it sound great most of the time and for what you particularly desire? For me with the KPA I can answer the last question as resoundingly YES!

+1... The finest guitars, boutique amps and effects available can be dialed-in to a horrible-tone state.

Anathema can do orchestra. Others cannot

Some rock/metal bands (like Anathema) compose music that was intentionally designed to mix nicely together with this type of arrangement/instrumentation and blend together nicely... compliment each other. A grand piano or orchestra blended with songs from something like the "...And Justice for All" album, for example, sounds about as good as someone attempting to improve the Carmina Burana by adding big sections of slide whistle-ists, trashcan-lid-smashers and kazoo players to the arrangement.

Terrible mix, partially the result of trying to add a grand piano to a electric-guitar-centric mix. Piano just sounds awful blended with this song. It annoys me when heavy acts decide that orchestras or other weird arrangements/instrumentation will add value to great songs. It takes a weird kind of hubris to decide your great thrash song should be presented with an accompanying orchestra... kind of makes me throw up in my mouth, a little. That being said, I love Metallica... at least up through the Black Album, but I think every band jumps the shark when they decide they are suddenly ready to blend their sound with classical instruments. It lies on some point of the same continuum where Pat Boone decided to release an album of metal covers, but an inversion of the Pat Boone thing.