Posts by keithw46

Dont often post on here but been a kemper user since 2015,

always thought it was the best bit of gear i ever bought in

45 years of playing. But i always had a niggling doubt though that

there was just that last 5% missing and have been using tube amps

a bit more this last year or so. The liquid profiles just add

that last little bit and im converted again, just saved me a fortune on a

new amp i was about to buy and this is only the first beta so can only get

better. Please kemper add a two rock classic reverb tonestack.

So yes liquid profiles v classic no contest.

You cant argue with the laws of physics, the capacitance of the cable and the inductance of the pickups creates a filter,

the higher the cable capacitance the lower the frequency of the filter cut off, the same goes for higher inductance pickups,

higher output (more windings) pickups will do the same, so it will be more noticable with higher output pickups/low quality cable.

But and its a big but, its all down to what we prefer to hear and as musicians we all have different preferences, i think it

was Brian May who used to use a 50foot long curly lead because he prefered the sound (high end loss) and some of the makers

of wireless systems have cable emulation options. So its really down to what we prefer to hear. Also i think it only really matters

for the first cable to amp or first buffered pedal as everything after is driven by a low impedance source. I would go for well made

reliable instead of getting too caught up in this.

Could it be that the hiwatt is known to have lots of clean headroom
    so the profile is behaving like the real amp so will take a lot to
    push the input to distort. Tried this profile and got the same thing
    but really had to slam the input to get the ouput led to go red.
    Might be completely wrong just a thought , maybe someone with more knowledge could
    clear it up for you.

Seems to be the spring reverbs from the last beta that
    have changed, i saw somewhere that they had changed the mix
    parameters on the spring reverb. Unfortunatley i made
    extensive use of these so will have to tweak quite a few rigs,
    my own fault i suppose for using a beta for my main sounds, it had been
    out so long and stable i'd forgotton it was beta.
    The new verbs are really good, i use an eventide space and they are up
    there with that, no shimmer verb yet, not complaining ive had kpa over three years
    and didnt buy it for the effects so the delays, reverbs etc are a bonus, thanks kemper.

I use HX FX to control my kemper and it works really well.
    I use it in performance mode, in HX You need to select a bank and
    a preset, for example bank 1 preset A, go into command centre and
    use the big knob to select Instant 1 (could be any instant but
    makes sense to use 1 if your only controlling 1 midi device) then set
    the command to BankPC, MIDI Ch to 1 (assuming kpa is set to 1), set prog
    to 0 and save. Whenever you select Bank1 preset A performance 1 slot 1
    will be selected on the kpa.In perf mode PC 0 selects perf 1 slot 1,
    PC 1 , perf1 slot 2,.... PC5 perf2 slot 1 and so on. I have mine so each
    bank is mapped to a performance, i.e bank1 a=slot1, b=slot2, c=slot3, d=slot4,
    slot 5 becomes redundant but its enough for me. Also in command centre you can
    assign midi CC Toggle commands to the foot switches to switch kpa stomps on or off
    the CC#'s for the stomps are in the kpa manual. If you have an exp pedal connected to HX
    assign this as MIDI CC , CC#11 and it will do exp control of the kpa, all saved with the patches
    on HX. Remember its midi pc to change slots on kpa, perf 1 slot 1 starts at midi pc#0 and
    the rest move on in sequence from this. Hope this helps.

I think we all have our own perceptions of what sounds best, no right or wrong just different. For me personally i can't live
    without my old maxon od808 with tube amps or with kemper, so i've stopped fretting over it and added it back to my pedal board,
    if you don't use a pedal board just stick it in a stomp loop as someone suggested. For what its worth i've tried with the green scream
    and its not as bad as some people say, id say its 95% (audience wouldn't notice but we're a fickle bunch us guitarists), i also use an hx effects
    and id say the line 6 tube screamer is a bit better but i stick with the maxon.

Ive had my kemper just over three years but first time posting on here. I dont have a helix but use an HX effects for the same purpose (i assume the full helix can do the same and probably more) I always put off buying the kemper remote, dont know why, but when the HX came along it looked perfect for me, full midi control of the kpa, two expression pedal capability and all the helix effects if you want them and here in the uk they are about the same price as the remote. Anyway the way i run it is :- Guitar to HX input - HX Fx loop 1 with drive stomps (dont need this if your happy with HX or KPA dives) - HX Fx loop 2 send - KPA Input- KPA Send- Hx Fx loop2 return Hx Left out - KPA Return Hx Right out - KPA Alternative In (stereo fx returns) KPA L and R outputs - PA, HX MIDI out-KPA MIDI in. On the KPA i enable a Stereo loop in one of the postamp slots. This gives me any HX effects pre kemper (usually drives vibes etc) any HX effects in stereo in the post amp KPA fx loop, depending on HX signal routing plus any kpa fx pre and post amp. Tap tempo from HX to KPA also works fine.
    A patch change on the HX in preset mode sends and Instant MIDI PC command to select a rig on the KPA, in stomp mode on HX any of the 6 footswitches can be assigned to an HX effect or set to Transmit a MIDI CC Toggle command to switch KPA fx on or off (or both), expression pedal can be assigned to parameters on HX or using MIDI CC to control kpa (morph in my case, i only have 1 exp pedal).
    This works really well for me, advantages are access to all HX fx, HX signal routing, customizble scribble strips and button colours, could also be used with conventional amp in the same way, not that id want to do this at the moment. Disadvantages are more cables and a power cable to pedal board rather than single cable with KPA remote (not a big deal for me but is for some). Also each bank has 4 presets so arranging things in performance mode youd only get 4 rather than 5 rigs for each performance, shouldnt be a problem on a full helix as you get more preset buttons. Takes a basic understanding of midi and a little time to set up but not difficult.
    Hope this helps, it is for HX effects but as i understand it the Helix can do all this and more, you could probably run an helix amp model direct to the kpa fx return if there were a particular model you like.
    Just checked the helix manual and the midi operation looks identical to HX effects, as do the effects so should work in the same way.

Sorry about the long rambling post but there was quite a lot to say.