Posts by Dean_R

I'm pretty sure you're using the wrong guitar to test these profiles . M Britt uses a P90 guitar for most of his profiling sessions. They also sound great on my P90 semi hollow. P90 are really different from Hi gain active pickups for instance.

I have no idea why people gloss over this and the importance of the guitar and pickups used. to create the profile. I've always noticed that the best sounds I get from any profile, not only MBrit profiles, was after using similar pickups to the pickups used by the person who made the profile.

This is just real world, you can't dial an amp for single coils and expect that to sound good with humbucke except for sheer luck situation where an amp will sound equally good with a less paul as with strat when uputting all knobs at 12 o'clock. Ultimately the best sound is achieved by using the original guitar used in the profiling

So my conclusion here is that its hard to find an interface that is representing the Kemper headphone
    out as good as the Kemper does. Don't know what amp they build in there but it sound absolutely amazing.
    Even better than everything coming out via Main/Monitor out on the Kemper.

You're not taking into account that the Kemper has space parameter enabled on headphones only by default. So what you hear from the Kemper Headphone out is not just the pure signal as you would on any other interface. There's an added space effect similar to room reverb. Not saying Kemper headphone out isn't good, but if you need that seem sound on the interface, you need to add a similar reverb to the one applied at the Kemper headphone out.

..However, every time I think about letting my Kemper go, I feel attached to it somehow.- for reasons I can't describe or even pinpoint. I just like it as much as the Fractal. Anyway,....

The reason you're clinging to the Kemper is because it's the closest you can get to the sound and FEEL of a tube amp. You could settle for many digital devices and get used to their sound, but the Kemper is the closest that you can get to the real deal, and that make it exceptionally unique and worth keeping. HTH

Behringer is the scum of the world. The reason why their products are so cheap is because they literally steal schematics from other products, so they don’t have to invest in R&D. They also use cheap parts to lower prices even further. I was made aware recently that Behringer has an entire city of factories in China,

The world is a global village and many starting poor musicians will have zero access to hardly any any product if it weren't for some companies making cheap or reasonably priced products. Believe me here are so many customers that won't touch behringer or anything cheap enough to keep big name brands alive to a certain degree.

No harm done or intended by anyone, everyone is chasing money to make a living, some have better options and one or few companies aren't responsible for the worlds problems,actually if it weren't for these companies these problems wouldn't be in focus,

Some are fortunate and if Kemper 2 is announced tomorrow, you'd have a good waiting list, is behringer realy hurting Kemper by making a controller that works with Kemper? I don't think so per what I said above.

I was REALLY Leary of moving from my venerable Allen & Heath Mix Wizzard to my current X32 Rack. I mean really .... who had ever heard of a mixer with no faders!

I gotta tell you guys, I aint ever goin back to a physical console. I am completely hooked on the features I now have.

Technology is moving so fast, and Behringer makes really good products for very reasonable prices.

I needed a small interface for my laptop for a portable practice guitar setup for plugins and impulse responses , so I just got one of their U-phoria HD interfaces for dirt cheap. I just updated to the latest driver and was able to to get a solid 4 to 5ms round trip latency. It's really mind blowing that something under a hundred dollars can get you that type of performance. Keep in mind Kemper and AXE can have between 2 to 3ms latency.

So yes for premium prices, there definitely needs to be significant updates to address as many customers as possible.

As soon as you touch the gain knob on the Kemper, the character of the Kemper gain knob has significant imprints on the profile. you do that to all your profiles, then they will all sound more the same. I personally got Kemper for the variety and not only to achieve one or few good sounds, I can already do that with any of my tube amps or preamps, so I'm rooting for many more advancements including not only an editor but also a wireless apps and many items listed in this thread.

I can understand certain people's aversion to technology but it's definitely a severe case of Cognitive dissonance to want the most advanced modeling/profiling device restricted from modern days technological advancement norms.

.. I type this I just adjusted my thermostat in my house from this iPad. Did I really need this in a live situation? Could I have just gotten up, went to the hallway and just adjusted it on the screen. ....

Now you're talking :D and don't get me started on those cell phones that have navigation apps and video cams, nothing beats using the real paper maps that you fold and unfold in multiple layers, worse comes to worse, you stop and ask for direction. Even though this analogy might not work quite the same or as powerful for tube amps verses digital amps because Digital amps need all the technological advancement humanly possible to be half as viable as real tube amps when it comes to tone,. sadly. All you need to look at is how many tube and analog preamps are still mostly getting used by working musicians and professionals to realize that we're no where near as advanced as in the digital quest for tone.

I'm almost certain that Kemper is working on the evolution of the KPA. The KPA is great but just like anything else can use improvements.

Keep those good ideas coming. blue tooth, android and OS apps would be great so you can add the Kemper to the list of household items you can control with your wireless device of choice.

I don't quite understand your answer to my quoted sentence :?: I didn't write about the probability of a rumor

What I meant is Kemper is not the only one who knows about the new product, also suppliers of parts that make up the Kemper could know something new is coming based on what parts Kemper orders from them. For instance a chip supplier receiving orders for a different or newer DSP processor or even if that supplier knows that the current processor will be out of production and won't be available anymore real soon can also be an indicator. I'm just listing possibilities where other people will know of an impending new product outside of the Kemper company.

The only who really knows about is Kemper himself and he refused this information.

Not necessarily true, suppliers might know if all the sudden you're requesting new material that you never ordered before. I'm not saying that rumors of anything are true, they're just rumors with a slight chance of being true sometimes.

In the end it comes all down to € & $.

In most situations the editor would be nice....

And a thread like this is free market research. A huge base of the customers are requesting an editor in addition to dual amps etc whatever their requests are. Another bottom line is Kemper is a digital device and will always be compared to other digital devices. What you read here should be read as suggestions that could be of help to Kemper as a company navigate the quickly evolving digital guitar market. What was great two years ago and demanded premium price, today can be done with a fraction of the cost.

I just purchased an IR loader that includes a DI box that comes with an editor for around $200 It also has power amp simulation just in case you need to use Preamps. When I plug the outs of my tube amps into it and go through the mixer, the tube amp sounds more satisfying than any digital device. I can shoot an IR of my speaker cabinets and they sound identical to the mike position.

So call it Kemper 2 or whatever, this thread can be very useful to Kemper.. It can be seen as relevant to competition and competitors, but you can't escape the changing and evolving market. Kemper is in constant need of new customers for even basic survival. If Kemper 2 does happen, in the form of a new product or even a hardware upgrade to current configuration, many of those customers will be from current customer base also, so their suggestions can be of huge value.

To be fair, the current user interface in the Kemper is the most flexible of any digital device I have seen. Yes it's different but it's also brilliant There are so many ways to accomplish the same thing and you can find short cuts and ways to accomplish what you're after if you define what you're after.

The way I use the Kemper is by mimicking a pedal board (how creative is that :D )

When editing at home I usually lock everything except the stack section. I have Noise gate in the firs block (don't like the master noise gate if it can be called that) followed by compressor , then drive then EQ. and In the post I have set effects also. The idea is to keep this template intact and disable effects blocks if they're not needed instead of removing them. You can save different presets with different drives or EQ and use them in performances later after you unlock whatever you locked.

If I ever save presets for stomps or chain of effects I put a Hyphen in the beginning of the name so my presets are always on top. I know people like to work in different ways, but mimicking a pedal board works for me. I rarely ever have to scroll for long to find anything I'm looking for because my customizations work incredibly fast . I would honestly never be able to accomplish this using the interface of any device that I own or owned other than the Kemper.

Who knows, maybe Kemper 1 can allow physical upgrade to the DSP so there can be Dual amps , two profiles at the same time more advanced modeling of Tone stacks and gain knob. This could have been done with Kemper one but the DSP is not really robust in today standards by any means.

For a product selling for close to 2 thousand dollars in the U.S, I don't think it's too much to expect a decent processor that can handle a stomp profile and an amp profile at the same time. There are some really amazing pedals out there.

Guys, you're risking the thread's closure.

I don't know about you, but I'd hate to see that. It'd be an awful end to 74 pages worth of effort.

Don't waste your breath Nicky, scientific medical studies have shown that "Adults think with the prefrontal cortex, the brain’s rational part. This is the part of the brain that responds to situations with good judgment and an awareness of long-term consequences, this part doesn't fully develop till close to age 30".

I think that this is more related to the cabinet than the guitar... Cool idea the gain knob profiling... maybe it will help.

I have no doubt that the Cabinet has probably the biggest role in influencing guitar tone. Once you find the right cabinet to match an amp, even in the real world, the amp Knobs, treble. bass, mid etc become so much more responsive, so I would imagine that it can also be the other way around meaning that if you can change the tone stack (Treble, bass, etc) that you would find one that's better suited for a specific cabinet/speaker.

At any rate I do recall that tone stacks were promised very early on, but never were delivered for whatever reason.

^ I agree. This thread is about ideas of how to improve the KPA and it can be very productive if not put in comparison with what other companies are doing or comparing the kemper to other devices out there. It's good however to compare what a Kemper 2 can do that Kemper 1 can't do. If it's possible to do all of this with the current hardware then that would be great.

So ignoring all other modelers out there and focusing basically on the Kemper itself, I recently got my tube amps out of storage and bought some new guitar preamp and pedaland I noticed a real need for improvement. in regards to Kemper.

All third party profiles (commercial and stock profiles) sounded inferior to my own profiles of my own Amps regardless of how good the third party profiles are. This actually is supported by the fact that the most impressive clips or videos I've heard, were a result of someone profiling their own gear and playing it using the same guitar or guitars. This leads me to believe that Profiling the actual gain knob of the actual amp and getting similar tone stacks will make the difference less so when Profiles are shared, you still get a sound that is much closer to what you hear in the third party clips.

The gain knob in the Kemper is a great tube drive sound and would be great if it can still be included in a pedal format meanwhile the physical tone gain knob on the KPA would resemble that of the amp profiled. This would work better than the Amp Parameters in the Kemper to get the profile to sound like the original amp.

If anyone doubts this, just look around and you will see that the best and most impressive results are coming from those who are using their own profiles and if you own tube amps, and an SM57, go ahead make a profile and you will notice how much better that profile will be. So for all those who don't own tube amps, I think they would get much better result if Kemper was to actually profile the gain knobs and provide similar tone stacks if possible of course. Also Kemper currently can profiles pedals as well as preamp or power amps, but can't combine two at the same time unless you own two Kemper but due to this limitation, you won't find many preamps only or power amps only or pedal profiles.

So, yes sure there can be improvements and yes sure adding affects can be seen as an improvement but for me, I didn't buy the Kemper for effects even though I'm glad it has them, but Profiling is the main reason I bought a Kemper and for the most part, that's why most if not all bought the Kemper for, effects can be easily had any where and everywhere.