Posts by Dean_R

Back to the actual topic... You'd be hard pressed to find a reputable source that thinks Fractal Audio isn't a serious company, least of all CK, who's agreed that the Axe FX is a really strong unit. That said, both Line 6 and Fractal Audio have announced new content prior to actual updates. While I'm not as partial to Line 6's amp models, I'd likewise consider them a serious company.

Please don't mind me as I'm trying to rationalize how to understand CK's post and how you seem to understand it. To me the summary of what Mr. CK said was : please don't press us on divulging what we're we're currently working on or planning but please don't stop inspiring Kemper as a company by suggesting what you would like to see. This is not exactly what he said but this is what I understood.

Meanwhile you're responding by suggesting that Kemper should divulge and pre announce their plans because other reputable companies have divulged their plans in the past and what they were working on instead of suggesting what you would like to see. Yes line 6 is a reputable company, so again, why would Kemper copy other companies who currently are playing catchup to Kemper?

I personally will say this for the last time as I have already several time before I exist this thread. I believe Kemper would make a huge advance if they focus more on Profiling the gain Knob, and to make Kemper able to play two profiles, this way we can have direct profiles of Preamps only and power amp only. This will also allow usability of profiles of drive Pedals, preamp pedals, etc in combination with either power amp only profiles or any other iteration. This will definitely open up the Kemper universe widely and wildly into any guitar tone imaginable or possible.

Peace and happiness to all and thanks to CK for his humble and inspiring post.

We've already hashed that out in another thread and it's completely irrelevant to my point here, which was that Fractal Audio has announced content in upcoming updates prior to their actual release, and I'm not familiar with any reputable source that wouldn't consider Fractal Audio a serious company.

Yes we hashed it out and to the dismay of many, your position was that Fractal never told its customers that "Tone Match is the same as profiling" because the statement says that it's only 99%!!

Contrary to what you say, this is a very relevant to the point your trying to make.. Why would Kemper , need to look to other companies to emulate how they make announcements much less Fractal as you suggest, knowing how they put out outrageous false claim with authority that they themselves actually know how profiling works?

Regardless, Kemper greatest success came from bucking the trend and doing things differently. In my humble opinion, Kemper would have had even more success if they had more focus on the amp modeling than the effects. Not saying to ignore effects, but I think many will be thrilled if the KPA can profile the actual gain knob even if the process takes a while and even if Kemper themselves can provide gain profiles of many amps.

I can certainly respect that, though I consider Fractal Audio a serious company and I can cite multiple instances where new content was announced prior to actual updates.

I can also site multiple instances where Fractal announced to their customers that Their tone match is same as profiling. :D8o . That's a crazy announcement no? ?( . The exact quote is " Profiling is 99% EQ matching". which everyone should know is false..

I wouldn't site Fractal in a discussions as serious company.considering the apparent misinformation in their announcement they put out, so why would Kemper would want to be like Fractal!!

[Blocked Image: https://preview.ibb.co/i7A0w7/Cliff_Fractal_2.jpg]">

"I put on my pants like everybody else, one leg at a time. But when I'm done, I make"... sensible posts, MM :)

Anybody want to sell me their Gibson?

Well let' make some sense. This is under chapter 11 bankruptcy, in the united states. that means as it says in the OP that it's a restructuring of the debt and some form of company reorganization. This not a liquidation bankruptcy as would be under chapter 7.

Don't expect any liquidation or discounts as a result of this, possbily just a better run company with a business plan that will allow the company to thrive again.

Kemper is a great device, it's just that I found out that currently I have no need for it.

It's without a doubt the most realistic tube simulation in existence but I'm fortunate enough (thank God for that) to have a whole first floor of my house to myself where my guitars and amps can be put to use.

It's just the nature of guitar players wanting to constantly experiment with new stuff. I also just switched from Celestion speakers to Eminence Red coat speakers and for that thick British Rock sound, those governors get you there faster than any Celestion. I've tried.

I'm definitely keeping my eyes peeled for what comes out and I'm almost certain that Kemper will keep developing the KPA. Who knows with my luck, 6.0 might be just around the corner and it would address some of the things I cared about and I would have to get back in.

Wow, what a turnaround! Never thought I’d read that coming from you, Dean. Must’ve been some bad problems you were having. What is the solution you’ve found?

I'm using the AMT CP-100 Pangea, it works quite well as it's a DI with various choices of attenuation when using with a tube amp speaker out, but can also be used in other configurations. with preamps or other line level modelers etc.

I will definitely consider a Kemper 2 with Cab section that includes room simulation, tone stack, and gain Knob profiling with the ability to run a Stomp Profile at the same time and with some spring reverb maybe. It seems like a reasonable expectation considering the price

Kemper worked very well for profiling my own amps, but third party profiles never sounded right.

when I recently got a an AC15 and with the other few amps I have, the profiles I made were close enough but also sounded much better than the best commercial profiles had. That lead me to rationalize that if I can use my own amps at home, in the studio and live easily with a DI-Cab simulator, the Kemper became redundant.for that one purpose.

The KPA is great, but customer service (and the forum is part of it since KPA takes part) is an important part of a product that can create a long lasting connection and turn each customer into an ambassador of KPA.
    You often don’t just buy a product. You choose if you can identify with the brand and the community.

In my opinion there is room for improvement.

You're absolutely right , there are so many products and so many tools out there. I was a fan of the product, but I just looked around and found better solutions that does the job equally as good if not better than my Kemper which I will likely get rid of it shortly. I got banned twice from this forum and the reason was that some members didn't like what I posted so they complained to the mods.

The mods should have banned those who complain or at a minimum tell these below petty individuals to get a life. When was the last time, did you or I, or any normal person, complain and encourage the ban of a member because you didn't like their avatar or what they write.

It's kind of silly and the atmosphere is more like kindergarten due to this group of complainers who get to sensor the forum because they mods don't address the issue professionally, but the significance of this is that when I was recently banned for 10 days I needed to reach support for a technical support question and couldn't use my account,. The ban should only limit my ability to post, not to use the other features as customer support. so I concluded that the Kemper forum as well as the device are not complete products and I needed to simply find another tool.

This was the tip and wasn't the main reason as you can imagine. My Kemper recently has been more Unreliable that any tube amp I've ever owned. Sometime the sound completely becomes unusable and
    becomes a pain to fix with reseting after reseting.

The current firmware of 5.5 has been crashing almost on demand when I run Rig Manager and use the KPA control panel.

Needless to say, I'm grateful that this thing has happened because ultimately I found a solution that works much better for me.

The difference, of course, being that Kemper is a professional grade tool with sound quality equivalent to a tube amp (or every tube amp).

And so is a tube amp with an "AMT Pangea" or similar device. Connect tube amp speaker out to "DI Impulse Loader" and you never have to mike your amp again, live or the studio consistent sound always.

...You can "try this at home".But if the result is good it will be most likey "sheer luck"...

A tool worth close to $2000 should provide more than just "sheer luck" .

I just bought a tool for around $200 that fits in my pocket that is a DI (can be used directly with my tube amps) that can load third party impulse responses, Fully parametric EQ with High and Low Pass filters, Room Simulator, Power Amp simulator,. The beauty of it is it can be used with real world tube amps, preamps in case you don't want to use AMP simulators for live and studio work and home recording also.

Meanwhile my Kemper is still unable to profile the gain knob of the tube amps, there's no tone stacks and no room simulation for the cabs, so for recording and live, I'm now having better "Luck" with real tube amps and impulse loader. I actually made some IRs of some of the Kemper Proifles I like and they actually sound better with my new setup, go figure.

It will sound just like two guitars on two differently dialled amps and will present a crazy stereo image in front of the stage. ...

And the audience won't hear it at all unless they're seated in a straight line in the center seats of the stereo field.

Not looking to stir a pot here but can someone tell me the logic behind needing dual amps?

As I said genuine question...

The simple answer is if you have the ability to run dual profiles, you would have the ability to run a profile of an amp and another of a pedal. The only way you can do that now is buying two Kempers. For this reason there really aren't that many Pedal Drives Profiles available and the only way you can use those is with your tube amps if you still have them.

You haven't mentioned how your going to be using it? Recording at home? Studio? Live? Using a cab, FRFR?

That's why I'm hesitant to give any advice except to say try before you buy. because the Kemper is not really intended to be a replacement to tube amps, quite the contrary , the best scenario is using it with one's tube amps by making your own profiles. I still have my POD HD 500 and even though the drives and effects might not work well with the Kemper, but they work very well real tube amps. So for capturing profiles of real tube amps that you own, the Line 6 effects vastly expand the possibilities.

I’ve never seen a simple feature request bring out so many emotionally charged soul searching posts...

There are many studies that show that most consumers make purchasing decisions based on emotions first and later they justify the purchase by rationalizing it.

Everyone knows that an editor is a huge omission, but many will feel the need to rationalize and defend their purchasing decision by minimizing the importance of an editor.

Unless both units are using the same IR and one is dialed in to sound as close as possible to the other, any amp comparison is pointless. How are you supposed to compare the quality of the amps between both units if you haven't eliminated the cab section as an influential factor from the sonic equation? It would've been a simple affair to use the Axe's IR capture utility to capture the KPA's cab section.

Also in such comparisons it's good to keep everything digital so ,
    since the Kemper now is more flexible and has selectable Sample rates you switch the Kemper to 48KHZ (the fixed non-Selectable sample rate of the AXE FX III)