Posts by Dean_R

I tested this once and there was a difference until I realized that I had Pure Cab globally on. Once I switched that off there was no difference. Then again the IRs I was using were not long or whats' considered high resolutions IR so maybe cab maker is limited to the length of IR that it make and maybe it truncates an otherwise high resolution IR so there might be some limitations that aren't disclosed, but for the most parts the IRs i converted sounded the same as the converted as soon as I switched Pure Cab off in Kemper.

Yes, you can make and impulse response of the signal in your DAW then convert the impulse to KPA format and load it into the Kemper. If you ever need to do that (make an impulse response of that) let me know. I have a very small wave file that has worked just as good and faster than messing around with sine sweeps and deconvolving plugings to extract the IR. The file I have takes seconds to give you an IR as fast as exporting a mix down of a less than one second,

Instrument level signals live between mic and line level signals and have the most variation. You typically see this kind of signal come from an electric guitar or bass. A preamplifier is required to bring the signal up to line level. Line level signals are the highest level signals before amplification.

Yes in your situation, it should work.
    The signal you send to the FRFR as well as the FOH should both included the cab in Kemper and no need to disable it as the case would be when you would need to use a real world guitar cabinet. In that case you would have to use separate outputs. Monitor out (with cab disabled) to power amp to guitar cabinet.,

I hope this doesn't add to the confusion.
    If you have a tube amp and a DI. Plug output from DI (coming from tube amp) into audio interface. In the DAW on the computer and load an Impulse response plugin that will be added to the tube amp track. Load an IR that you like, load a stem track of the guitar in the song you like if it's available (try searching for one on google if you don't have it. Use a tone match (EQ Match) plugin to match the TUBE AMP + IR to get similar tone to the guitar track you had imported

After successfully EQ matching, now you can make a profile of that signal chain., TUBE AMP>DI>Impulse Loader Plugin>EQMatch plugin.

IF the above sounds crazy, google for profiles of the artist your seeking and there might be already profiles out-there that you can simply download .

When you store it try putting a new name. and when you switch to browse mode make sure that the profile that you just made is loaded otherwise browse to it. Sometimes, I've noticed that when I switch to browse mode, still need to browse to get to the profile that I just made, HTH

From the Amp Menu you can adjust the "Pick" a little to the right . It basically does exactly what you're talking about according to the manual

Pick

The “Pick” parameter allows you to control the level and sharpness of the pick attack independently from the sustained portion of the sound. The result is also independent from the amount of distortion. You can use this parameter to make clean sounds even more percussive without having to use a compressor. With fully distorted sounds, you can revive the attack phase of any notes that get drowned in the natural compression caused by distortion. If you set “Pick” to a negative value, it will soften the attack, resulting in a more fluid sound.

All you Aussies are nothing but trouble, they should round all you up and put you on an island of your own somewhere.. :/

You mean NYC, we already have quite a few here , my favorite pals, nice, smart. funny, outgoing. Maybe ash can name the herb or some remedy that would explain this secret common denomonater that can be useful for some of us who are in desperate need of something in lieu of a personality implant. :D

Best cure we have used for that is CBD oil
    Ash

Thank you Ash, you turned me on to Turmeric so I have it for breakfast every day for a while now. I love using herbs in very carefully measured amounts.

You need to try Saffron tea, three to four strands in boiling water or add to your other favorite tea. I helps memory and it's almost like Prozac without the side effects. One gram last me over a month so it's cost effective also.

The way I see this is just an informal way of communicating. With all due fairness, G string asked politely and actually said "please make the files available in a linear format instead".

I understand being here for a couple of years, that the moderators see the forum as content that others will read and research so they attempt to really do their job and have a friendly informal environment with some expectation of decent content as the forum overall represents the company.

Ultimately, I see it as ,"their house, their rules" and hopefully, they end up with a community or a forum that for the most part,is tolerant and professional with the understanding of the occasional tongue and cheek comments being inevitable , other times disagreements and some virtual scuffles even.

So sometimes we can all use thicker skins by being able to see some humor in even "dumb mistakes",, "brain farts" or simply not knowing something and learning without really feeling "stupid".

Lots of people, myself included, have spoken to why we like the Axe. You are not “puzzled”. You simply refuse to accept that anyone can have an opinion that differs to yours.

This is what I already wrote not in response to you but it clearly shows that I totally understand "different strokes for different folks"

I guess that explains why some will like the AXE FX, others will like Helix, and some Kemper. while some are still entrenched in real world tube amps.

Would it be possible to use a y cable on the direct send to allow stereo monitoring with the monitor out as well as still have the option of the effects loop of the Kemper using the return like normal. I would love to have both stereo monitoring as well as use of the effect loop.

I really doubt you will be able to do that unless you use a signal spliter, one mono to two mono. I have one of those, once I get around to it I'll try and report back The one I have is nothing fancy just a short cable 1/4 male to 2x 1/4 female for less than ten dollars made by Hosa.

4. BTW I think @fredrikn is man enough to get over my sentiment that 'this thread is useless' which I stand by. You like to heat things up, don't you?

The only things that are useless and off topic are your comments so I will ignore them all except this one so your childish conduct and lack of respect for others are clearly in focus.

Fortunately you don't get to decide what's useless but you certainly try by hurling insults at others attempting to get this thread closed because you don't like the topic. Get over yourself buddy and please get back to topic as I won't discuss off topic posts with you any further.

This topic is of interest and value to many. regardless of how you feel. The inclusion of "other gear" by Kemper Amps is to be open and can do without your supervision and attempts as censoring content that doesn't fit your personal desires.

Maybe it's time you learned about "context" and proper etiquette starting by reading this forums rules in the email you received in 2012, Since it has been a while, you seem to be in desperate need of a refresher. :)