Posts by Dean_R

I read a post by cliff chase himself where he said that he knew from the start that the Kemper Method was more accurate but he chose the algorithmic approach.

you think these fellows singing the praises of the new firmware without knowing anything about it except for the name "Quantum" would drink the Kool Aid if the leader said to them "after you wake up, you'll ride in a magnificent spaceship that will take us all to a new planet"? :D You gotta admit, what's going on over there is really funny in some way.

There's no reason to be offended by whatever anyone says in the course of discussing equipment except for personal attacks. If people approach the whole thing with a sense of humor, I don't see an issue. Sarcasm is a form of comedy, so what if someone made a joke about Kemperl, Line 6, Fractal , etc. It's not like a cancer joke, and even those are nowadays acceptable, I personally don't like them, but people need to laugh here and there.

It's cheap entertainment when the fan boys argue, but it's certainly not malice or Evil. On there other hand, deleting content and users is extreme in my opinion because they have negative things to say about a product. I read many forums in my spare time and I've never seen the kind of censorship that exists in the gearpage or fractal website. It's clear that their insecurities are way larger than their sense of humor. if they have any.

I heard that univibes are the most difficult to model, I don't know why its difficult to physically model the behavior of incandescent light bulbs. If the Univibe is good, then that's usually an indication that the the rest of effects quality should be good.

From my readings and scouring the net, I'd have to say, the AXE FX fan boys are, sadly, supported by and encouraged by Fractal. I'm new to Kemper , Just bought it a few days ago so I've been researching extensively for the last couple of months.

Every time I went to the gear page to research The AXE FX and Kemper and found any discussions where someone is stating some negative impression of the AXE FX, somehow when I come back to find the thread, the thread has disappeared. Even the member has disappeared also.

I don't know who owns that forum but deleting content that has no profanity or offensive language merely because someone says that AXE FX sound harsh is indicitive of deeply troubled individuals and this should be discouraged by Fractal if Fractal truly didn't approve of this absurd marketing agenda that they use in their website themselves also!

Regardless, the reason why I'm keeping the Kemper is because I profiled one of my amps and I couldn't tell the difference so I know for amp tone, you can't get more accurate, period. The AXE does sound good, but compared to Kemper it's definitely not as natural or musical.

I'm so glad I choose the Kemper. After extensive research for the last few weeks, I finally purchased a Kemper this past weekend. One of the main reasons driving my decision, besides the accuracy of the modeling, was that the updates in the Kemper don't affect your presets. I can't imagine having to deal with firmware updates where I might have to rework even a few of my presets.

I can answer the DI question I believe. Most important is that your tube amp is always connected to a speaker or load so it doesn't get damaged . You have that covered so you can certainly profile using your setup. The DI on the other hand allows the interaction between the AMP and the speaker to be present in the profile as your connection will be from the speaker out into DI then it goes to speaker and to Kempr for profiling. I believe if you connect from the line out, if your amp has one, you will not get the speaker interaction with the amp as when you connect from the speaker out.

I think I tried uploading a cab IR to my Kemper once but via the USB cable from my iMac....

The IR was a 48Khz though and I think the Kemper only accepts 44.1 ...

If anyone knows how to translate a 48 IR to 44.1 - I'd be grateful to hear from you...!

If you open the wave file or files into any audio editor or any DAW, you can convert the sample rate to 44.1, then open CabMaker and it will prompt you to browse to the folder where you have the wave files . You can select as many as you like, then it asks you for the destination folder, few seconds later new files are created in the destination folder. Put them in the USB stick in the shared folder. plug the USB Stick into the Kemper, Press external storage (button will light up when you plug it) then import. Done.

Please send an email to <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a> including those IR files in their original state and after being converted by the cabmaker software.

Thanks for your help very much. I knew it was going to be something very simple as I just had the Kemper for a couple of days.
    All the Impulses were there. The reasons they didn't show up was because when I click on Cab and start using the browse button, my view was "from rigs", as soon as I pressed the soft button "From PRESETS", they all showed up. They really sound incredible with direct Amps.
    Thanks again.

Hello everyone
    I just got my kemper this weekend and I'm loving it. I updated to latest beta 3.12 and used cab maker 2.0.
    Kemper recognizes my usb stick because I can import rigs but once I add IRs (kemper format ) to the USB stick to import I press external storage, then import/ Export then import. Kemper says " Not necessary to import all rigs already available" or something to that effect. I know the stick works because I can use it to import regular rigs but not impulse responses.

Is this an issue with the latest firmware or am I doing something wrong? It's not really a deal breaker by any means as I truly love the kemper but I'm just curious of why this isn't working. The kemper cab files are really small they're 1 kb each, Not sure if that's correct.

Thanks