÷13 Dyna-Ranger
    TC G Major2
    TC Flashback
    Sweetsound Mojovibe
    Option5 Destination Phase
    Teese RCM
    Radial Headbone Amp Switcher
    Barber TonePress Compressor

After saying goodbye to these 'ol friends, i still have some more gear to purge,
    but to stay on topic of this thread, the above is what the Kemper is replacing.
    (so difficult to let some of these items go, but as i learn the Kemper, and the brilliant engineering keeps evolving, improving, and adding more, and more=Kemper JackPot!!!)

pudge, and tyler,

I am very sorry to barge in, but i am trying to figure out how to PM, also!?!

tyler, i bought a KPA without hearing it, and the Kemper/remote is the best purchase i have ever made, and i couldn't be happier!!!
    Best to u in ur decision .

yes, Sharry, it's a daily 'learn something new'...as those of us who taught ourselves guitar, or learning to read music.

i for one, am very happy to know that i will never know everything with this piece of musical art, cuz  it's ever evolving, and updating, and changing. Which, i LOVE!

That's why , when i asked a store if they sold Kemper, and the 'salesman' tried to talk me into another product that 'he' thought was easier to 'learn for guitarist's'!

i know, as little as i know about the Kemper, i can do more than if i bought his 'suggestion', which i found out that they were JUST visited by that product's rep firm . i know how some sales dudes work, and IF; they get 'spiffs' or $$ for selling that particular product. i bought from the authorized dealer, ... BUT NOT from HIM!

I like Macs, and even though most of my music friends have 'em, i personally like the flexibility of a PC, even though it may not be 'easier' for me. A daily learning challenge., which i am cool with.

ThankU Sharry, for having the dropbox link in ur signature,...every little bit of knowledge helps! :^D

<p>&nbsp;</p>

thanks Ingolf , things are starting to make sense to me slowly, and with repeated repetition.
    i'm having fun learning , and setting up the Kemper , and RM ... making some sense
    slowly to me, but i AM 'progressing'!
    (as 'they' say,'if it wasn't hard/difficult, then EVERYONE would be doing it)
    ex. i have an acquaintance who bought a Kemper, tried it for a week or less, promptly returned it, and complained profusely to a friend who has one, but this guy constantly complains, cuz he didn't receive 'instant gratification' with his minimal effort...Fine for him, but that doesn't mean that i'm gonna give up, complain, or take 'the easy way'.
    i see a long term relationship with my Kemper , it's endless possibilities, and updates which are wonderful, and freely provided (to us reg. users) engineered, and supported.
    i am very thankful for the Kemper, and all those intelligent ppl involved thru Kemper, this forum, info, videos, tutorials etc,etc etc.

All that long rant in saying that,...i'm NOT giving up, e v e r ! ;oD

viabcroce,

u mmade me re-think the way i was approaching trying to learn this magnicifent musical masterpiece.

so, today instead of big , thick,, Kemper manuals...i'm just gonna print the OS i have on my Kemper (OS 4.01),
    and instead of having another big thick manual for RM, i am going to attack printing, reading, and learning just the latest RM version (i.5.40)

thus , i'll have 2 thin folders, with the latest to learn.
    Should i refer to the 'user manual' also, AND i have taken a more indepth look at the Kemper home page, where there is loads of info, videos, etc.

me thinks that while i'm trying to learn the concepts, i'm 'over thinking' and making it more difficult than it really is! ;op
    i'll take any other adive from u or otherrs here, as this is 'my Kemper family' whom i am honored to be acquainted with.

peace

thank u very much, Sharry [cue lightbulb over me head!] haha
    So, i could keep all those profiles in RM?

Yes, i agree with ur advice to keep what i really need.
    (ex. i purchased some MBritt profiles), and loaded them into:
    a) my computer
    b) a 'clean' usb stick formatted for the KPA
    c) imported them into my KPA, and saved them into my 'favorites'
    d) also backed them up to my DropBox account
    e) my computer is connected by usb to my Kemper (thousands of rigs in RM folder. I made other folders for mbritt, favorites, etc.)
    f) i'm running OS 4.01 beta

so, i feel good about learning how to do, and accomplishing those tasks.
    I need to read and work with RM to understand it's workings, etc.
    Just learning the Kemper terminology, and ins and outs of the working process.
    I should make myself a 'Kemper Glossary of Terms' as a reminder to self! ;oD

thank u, Sharry!

thanks viabcroce,

i edited my post to be friendly, kind, respectful, and to stay in the forums good graces.
    After searching for what you said to read, i want to say thank you for taking the time and effort to write the tutorial.
    i wish i would have known about that , when i first got my Kemper last year!
    (is it a 'sticky' that i somehow missed?)

thank you, viabcroce, Kemper staff, and all on this great & wonderful forum!

Kemper on everyone!

thanks, Ingolf~not that i know or understand how to do so~but i just saw a thread here with the new delays...so now i'm thinking maybe i shouldn't delete until i know better how to do so!?!

i'm just starting to learn something ON the KPA, then BAM 'I KNOW NOTHING!' ;OP

thankU, spark240, i hope to send Kemper outs to FOH, and some dry type of signal, giving the sound engineer 'too much' control over what i hear back-also i''d like to send out of the Kemper so i can do my own monitoring, mixing it with what the monitor mix desk sends me (trust issues there) haha

also, i would add an mp3 player that i can play along with with my Kemper while i am waiting to go on, getting blasted with loud/other music etc that goes on. Taking my focus off of the material that i am to perform...just to name a few reasons as to what i'm hoping to accomplish.

ok, so i feel like a first grader, that is trying to learn from an awesome group of grad students from Kemper University! ;oD

*SETTING UP MY KEMPER RACK
    My question involves using the Kemper Outputs with my 12ch rack line mixer for live use, and mostly for home use as eventually want to record with the Kemper. :

A) Which Outputs of the KPA to take to my 1p 12ch Rack mixer? And do i need this mixer with all the 'Kemper programing power-i see some of you using various types of mixers, too.

B) Which rear KPA outputs to take to a rear rack panel?

kind reguards,

Z