Posts by Mateo11

Mateo, a TRS balanced to XLR cable is absolutely fine. No problem. It will work identical, in this application, to what your current connection configuration (KPA Main Out XLR to XLR Input on your Friedman). However, unless you need to free up the XLR Outputs on your KPA, there is no reason to buy this cable...your current connection works just as well.

Cheers,
    John

Thanks John!

This, or just get yourself a TRS to XLR cable if you want to use the monitor out.

Appreciate that suggestion. I was unaware there was a cable like that. Do you think it would make any difference sound wise using the monitor out with the TRS-XLR cable vs using the Main out Right XLR-XLR input on the monitor?

I wound up with the Yamaha DXR10 for monitoring. The Friedman hasn't been in stock anywhere recently I couldn't wait for one to be built. That said, the more I hear about this thing, the more I want to add it to the arsenal. I'd really like to hear one first but none of the local brick-and-mortars carry them.

It was the same here in Nashville. I couldn't find anyone who stocked it so I could listen to it first before buying. I had heard some clips from X-Mann over at the Gear page and it sounded awesome. With hearing those clips and going off the reputation of the Friedman amps I decided to buy it without hearing it in person. I figured if I didn't like it I could always return it. I am VERY pleased with the sound. Since I havent played through other monitors like the CLR or Yamaha I cant compare but I seriously do not know how the sound can be improved since it sounds perfect to me.

I had the same problem and I solved it by deleting folders...I have many Profiles and had a LOT of folders in my Library (over 30). Rig Manager didn't open and/or crashed.So after a couple of days I decided to delete the library of Rig Manager (Users/Library/ApplicationSupport/Kemper) and start all over again by importing Profiles step by step.Now I changed the way to sort my Profiles and have only 5 Folders. This works perfectly!I did a test and added 30 empty folders to the Library and suprise.... Rig Manager crashed.So it has something to do with the number of folders you use. The less the better...

Thanks Heri. I will definitely try that out if tech support cant figure it out. I am sure it had something to do with the amount of folders I was creating for each manufacturer and model of amp because it crashed when I got to the very end of creating the last of the folders. I probably had 40+ folders created. I didn't plan on keeping all of those folders I was just trying to get a grip on organizing and then whittle it down to 30 or so rigs like you suggest. Thanks for the input!

If you send the backup to support, we may be able to help you.

I had Kemper support contact me via email this morning to try and help. So far what was recommended as a fix (clean up KPA database download) hasn't solved the issue. Can you please tell me exactly what steps I need to do in order to send the backup to support? Thanks!

I bought the Friedman ASM-12 powered monitor and couldn't be happier about purchasing it. It's very new just came out last few months I think and kind of hard to find in stock but I got lucky on Sweetwater.com. It was down to the Atomic CLR and the Friedman ASM-12 for me and I made the decision to go with the Freidman. The Atomic CLR sounded amazing from what I heard but the Friedman was a little less expensive, in stock when the CLR was out, looked great to me (especially having a cloth grill like a real amp cab) and Friedman makes great amps and cabs and I liked that they (may just be a marketing thing) say they made the monitor with the Kemper in mind. Tuned and geared more for a more amp like response while still being true FRFR. I gotta say I don't know how the sound could get any better to my ears paired with the Kemper. Kemper + Friedman equals the best money I have ever spent on any gear. Highly recommend at least checking it out to see if it fits you. There are some decent clips of the sound from a guy called X-Mann over at the gear page forums and a really good review here http://forum.fractalaudio.com/…iedman-asm-12-review.html. Just food for thought.

Anyone out there that can help? Rig manager "quits unexpectedly" every time I try to open it. I created a tech ticket yesterday morning but have yet to hear back from them. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Rig manager countless times and restarted/rebooted my OS countless times as well. I don't know anything else to do besides the uninstall/reinstall and rebooting etc. I've never not been able to fix an app by doing those methods but the Rig Manager seems to be smarter than me.

This happened after I had spent (no kidding) at least 6 hours organizing 679 rigs into folders by Manufacturer and model of the amp so I could organize in a better fashion. Needless to say it's been pretty frustrating now that it keeps crashing and i can't use it.

I am using a Mac computer with OSX Yosemite 10.10.

Anyone else ever have this problem and can help? I'm pretty sure its going to be awhile until i hear back from tech support and would like to get this figured out as soon as possible. Thanks!

As far as my feedback on the ASM-12 its hard for me to say because it is the first powered monitor I have ever used. I listened and researched countless powered monitors online and it came down to the Friedman ASM-12 and the Atomic CLR. I went with the Friedman because 1) it was in stock at the time and 2) it was $200 cheaper. I can tell you that I don't know how the sound could get any better from the Friedman so I feel like I definitely made the right choice. I am used to using regular tube amps (my main one is the 5150II but I plan on selling it now since I am so happy with the Friedman.)

Using the Friedman with the Kemper is amazing to my ears. Sounds just as good or maybe even actually better to me as any tube amp I have owned. Operating the Kemper with pure cabinet on really enhances the feel and sound in the room too. Couldn't be happier with it. Nice knowing too I won't need to buy another amp ever. Now I can just spend my money on more guitars. ha

Hello! Hope someone can answer this for me. This may be a really dumb question but....I just got my Kemper profiler today along with the Friedman ASM-12 powered monitor. The ASM-12 only has XLR connections no 1/4 inch jack to go from the Kempers monitor out. I have it hooked up running 1 XLR cable from the Kemper "main out XLR Left" to the ASM-12 XLR input. Is this correct?

I bought the Friedman ASM-12 because it said it was specifically designed for the Kemper but according to the Kemper manual you should run a 1/4 cable from the Kemper "monitor out" to the powered monitor not from the main out section.

I get sound but not sure if I am getting the 100% sound I should be. Do I need an XLR cable that has two female connectors to go into the "Left AND Right" main outputs in the back then into the powered monitor?

Just not sure if I am doing something wrong since I have no way to connect it like the Kemper manual says.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!