Posts by Vaiai

I can't get it to play, Vaiai, but that could just be something on my end.

This hasn't happened for me before with SC links here on the forum 'though...

Hmm weird - you can search Paul MacEwan - you should see my Charvel as my avatar - thanks for taking the time to try :)

Thanks guys - my dropbox link was playing up. Here is the new version with reverb and delay

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi all, I am participating in a monster jam a guy on YouTube does and he's had some great players on them so I thought I'd get involved in this project he has.
    Now I just got the Kemper and messed about with Reaper a wee bit but I really don't know how to make this more dynamic - it is KPA straight into Reaper using the TAF - Blues JNR Growl profile.
    How can I make the lead sound mix with the BT so it sounds part of it and not "on top" as I feel it does? I have only a single track but I was going to try duplicating it and panning left and right but not sure what else to do with it to liven it up a bit?
    You can see the vid below anyway - any feedback welcome!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I had a POD HD500X and although it can sound good - it's a whole different ballgame going to the Kemper. FX are easy to make sound good but the amp modelling in the POD is a world away from the profiles you get with a Kemper - plus for the recording aspect you won't need anything else! Gain sounds on the POD left me using it as an fx stomp box with my amps own sounds being used in 4CM.
    I also find the KPA a lot more intuitive than the POD due to the layout and logical menus.

Hi all,

I just got the KPA a few weeks back from a guy on The Fretboard forum and after an initial concern that I wouldn't have time to really learn how to use it (although it is a lot more intuitive than the HD500X I had!) and time to record with it etc I have managed to get some stuff recorded just to try and get noises from the kemper into Reaper! So far it's working...

After reading up a bit on mixing and mastering (all of which makes it sound a lot fancier than what I actually did) I have done some work on the wee track I did with Kemper's Acoustic profile:
    Kemper Test

I just recorded a simple chord sequence and then noodled over it with the Acoustic sim. This was using my Guthrie Charvel but I tried a few tracks with some other guitars too. I think I'll develop it into something and re-record it properly!

I have read so much on the forum already - looking forward to the voyage of discovery (oh, and getting away from profile fatigue!)