Posts by Matty_K

If using the Kemper, you are correct, it will connect via the monitor out to either the Kones side OR the G12T-75 side of the cab. Not both at the same time.

To use both sides at the same time I need to connect a seperate preamp and amplifier to the GT12-75 side ?....maybe dust off my old JVM head

Hi everyone. Wondering how I would wire a Marshall 1960a for two Kones and two guitar speakers.

I have ordered a 212 set of cones but don't have a 212 cabinet at the moment. But I was wondering whether I could install them in my Marshall 1960a that has the stereo switch. Currently the cab has the stock GT12-75s which are 16ohm speakers.

I am considering installing the Kones on one side of the cabinet and leaving the GT12-75 speakers on the other side but running the cab with the Stereo switch engaged so either the Kones or the GT12-75s are used depending on which jack is connected (or both if running another amp into the GT12-75 side). There is no real reason why I am doing this other than curiosity and to have a bit of fun before getting a 212 cabinet.

Being new to this and not really understanding the Marshall stereo switch workings I wonder if wiring the Kones in series for 8ohms on one side and the GT12-75s wired parallel on the other side would work. The cab would not be switched to mono mode (stereo switch will always be engaged). Drawing attached.

Yes this is stupid but what I want to know is whether it is possible or if this would be detrimental to my power amp (ISP Stealth).

Received the cable @sambrox recommended. Took a couple of weeks to arrive here in Australia from the UK.

It is perfect. Used it at rehearsal last night and it lays flat on the ground. It is slightly more rigid than the XLR mic cables we use so will be careful to check there are no kinks in the cable when rolling it up for storage.

Hi all.

I have set morphing as latched on my remote so that the hitting the active patch triggers morphing.

On one profile in particular the gain rises from a clean tone to dirty.

I have set a rise time and noticed at rehearsal that sometimes the rise works and other times it is instant from clean to the maximum gain setting without rising.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Sorry to necro the thread but interested to hear from Sambrox finds the linked cable in terms of laying flat on the ground?

The Kemper cable is a tripping hazard on stage, I do have a shorter cable for keeping the KPA close to the remote but I don't like having the KPA so close to the drunk lunatics at the front of the stage :)

Hello, fellow Perth Kemper user here.

I am looking at the Boss MS-3 as a quick grab and go midi controller, how are you finding it with the Kemper? Can you use the expression pedal to control the KPA effects (wah, morph, etc)?

Hi all

New user here that has been happily playing with my KPA for a few weeks. I have had an issue occur a few times now where the headphone volume drops out for no reason whilst playing. Each time it has been during playing my guitar in a rig rather than when tweaking or making changes to the Kemper.

The only way to get the sound back is to increase the master volume slightly - for example master volume will be on 5 and the sound cuts out so I turn it to 5.5 and the sound immediately comes back but a fraction louder, I can then turn it back to 5 with no issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am worried that if it is doing it with headphones I wonder if the other outputs will have similar issues when playing live.