Posts by mangopositive

I bailed on the QC before the preorders were filled. I kept the Kemper until Tonex came out. I love my Tonex board. I was using individual pedals, so it all made sense from an "amount of equipment I have to load in" point-of-view. I transferred the Camplifier SHP to a breadbox (lol) and it (and the stereo Kone setup) works great with the Tonex.

But I had to try the liquid profiles, right? I'm so glad I'm in a position where I can just put gear in the closet instead of having to sell it. So now I have 2 rigs and they both sound amazing. I'm making the Kemper effects work so I can keep a small rig (actual fuzz and OD in front, obviously).

I've never played a Marshall "profile" or "capture" or "sim" that I liked as much as that MBritt stuff. Always been more of a Matchless guy.

I am running out of post stacks efx slots ^^

It sounds like it's time to get the pedal board back together! I still use some of the Kemper effects, but I'm way happier with my pedals these days. Yes, it's more gear to lug around, but there probably aren't a lot of us who couldn't use the exercise.

This is too funny. I've got a Strymon Deco on its way to me as of yesterday and today Kemper give me part of it for free. Of course, there's tape saturation and I guess I can use the the through-zero flanger instead of the double tracker.

Include option to run headphones out in stereo-monitor out mode, with access to Kone functionality!

Let me use a breakaway TRS to 2x TS cable to run my stereo power amp with the Toaster and also simultaneously use the direct out and the input and alternate input for a stereo effects loop. I bought stereo Kemper Kones and put together a new board and now I'm learning I actually need to sell my Kemper & remote, buy a new Kemper Floor, then also buy a new stereo power amp (as mine mounts in the toaster and I might as well sell it with it), because you can't use the stereo loop and stereo monitor out on the Toaster at the same time.

Or you could enable my feature request and save me the energy!:)

I'm sitting here, specifically with the Gojira plugin, just trying to find something to complain about some of these sounds. Sure, they may not be for you, but they just sound so damn good coming through this Dark Voice tube amp into H650s. I hope this aliasing never bothers me.

I'm not going to think about getting one until I've heard it and the reviews are positive. That said, I did just plunk $230 on their Archetype Plini and Nolly plugins, and they sound absolutely amazing. I've got to figure out if I can accurately profile these things.

Apologies, I wasn't clear. I had wiped the data on the unit because I hoped there was a problem that wasn't allowing me to preview amps on the Kemper from Rig Manager 3.0. Effects were working, but I could not alter or preview amps. Upon wiping, I couldn't do anything. I could not transfer amps from my local library to the Kemper amp at all. I reverted back to the official releases and all was fine. I may try again eventually, but there was definitely something wrong with RM3.0 talking to the latest beta version of the profiler with my PC setup.

So I did a data wipe on the Kemper and now I have no amps and no way to get them to the Kemper. It WAS editing my effects, so the connection was definitely there. It showed my Kemper connected, it just wouldn't load a new amp no matter what I did . I'm reverting and letting y'all have fun with the beta. I was so pumped to finally have some time to play with it. Hopefully I can get it back to working order, as it's out of warranty at this point.

I cannot edit,

for there is no editor.

I guess I'll drink beer.

I use it this way. I definitely do the 4 cable method to get those awesome dirt pedals in front and the time effects after. The new HX Effects update has made it a lot easier, as it now works with the PC editor HX Edit. I like this setup because I like to keep effect banks and amp banks separate. As for effects, there are now a lot of great preset banks on the Line 6 forums. You just have to add the mono effects loop to each HX Effects bank. I recommend setting the "X" effect bank on the Kemper to the loop and locking it, so it's there for every amp profile you pull up. I'm currently using the HX for all effects, but I'll likely move delays and reverbs to the Kemper after the next update.

I haven't tested this yet, but I believe you can set a switch to control both an effect (or entire preset) and send a midi signal, so you could switch an amp and turn on an effect at the same time. I decided that I would just use the HX for the effects and not the midi capabilities, but I already have the Kemper foot switch. It makes more sense to keep amp switching and effect switching separate for me. If I played in a band and was extremely organized in what I needed for each song, it might be a different story.

Mine arrives tomorrow, so I'll let y'all know how it goes. So I could conceivably do a 4 cable method and add the stereo out of the HX Effects to both the return and alternative input on the Kemper for a 5 cable method and get stereo to the Kemper for recording / headphones, right? I get the basic principle, but I've never done it.