Posts by space_song

I wanted to do an update on this since I wasn't entirely convinced it wasn't a hardware issue with my unit.

I tracked another part and recorded the DI signals though my J48 DI box into my Profire 2626 and through my Kemper front end going spdif into the interface, then level matched and reamped though my spdif loop. I'm noticing some differences that I pointed out in my original post. The J48 reamp had less congestion overall a bit more punch and dynamics on the low end and a less static high end fizz.

The track is j48 di first then the Kemper DI. I took two sections and did a low pass/ high pass to highlight the differences I'm hearing.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone.

I'm kinda at a loss right now. I thought I was crazy or had a defective unit since I couldn't find any mid gain rock profiles that could handle big chords strummed at 16th notes that didn't exhibit static noise build up. Once the tone is double tracked and heard with cymbals the noise sticks quite a bit.

Profiling my own rig alleviated some of the noise I was hearing in other profiles, but the problem with dynamic frequencies is still there.

I've had the Kemper for a bit and so far it's been a mixed bag for me due to only using commercial profiles and some from the rig exchange.

My issue is that in most mid to high gain profiles I've used, there's been this static high end fizz. I've tried eqing it out but this usually resulted in a neutered guitar tone. I thought this was normal for the unit until I recently profiled my Jet City 22h to A/B and the Kemper imparted the same exaggerated high end fizz. On the higher gain profiles it sounds like 2 pieces of paper being rubbed back and forth over the guitar tone.

Here's the Jet City profiled at mid gain. 1.Kemper Mix 2. Amp Mix 3. Kemper Solo 4. Amp Solo

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kemper Mix/Amp Mix/Kemper Solo/Amp Solo

In the example I notice the kemper tone is less dynamic and doesn't fit in the mix quite as well as the amp. The whistling frequencies become more noticeable and the upper mids take on more of an congested wah sound.

Does the Kemper do this with every distorted profile or is there a problem with my unit?