Posts by SheldonCooper

Personally I would only use it live. Can't beat real doubling when recording.

True, unless you are writing a song or in pre-production and you need to record very fast, just to record ideas before the definitive takes.

the effects section works in stereo mode and this solution should split the amplifier section in R and L channels.

I'm not sure I follow. Why should it split the amp section if doubling happens before it?
    [/quote]
    I meant to say that kemper doesn't give you the possibility to play in stereo except for the fx section. Something like the new pedal from TC could solve the problem splitting the amplifier section...I thought doubling occurred after the amplifier as the stomp section is mono. For sure I got confused! X/

As a side note, I didn't really understand that pedal, as it does its job only if used within a stereo setup. So, if you already have two amps you are already playing in stereo (with a short delay setting), the doubling effect is nothing more than a random delay.

Sorry for the off topic.

Not that I know, I will force some friends to buy one! :D

In reality I'm fine with the Kemper as it is, sometimes for example I just find a specific fuzz pedal that I would like to profile so I can store it in my Kemper. Profiling just the pedal and save it in the stomps section would be amazing but impossible for now, hence my previous question.

I will wait... :)

So that would be impossible and there is no possible way around, and I can stop dreaming until Kemper 2.0 (when it will be able to profile pedals, it will be stereo and it will give me the possibility to blend 2 amps ecc ecc). :(

Joking aside, thanks a lot Ingolf!

Hi,

I'm sorry to ask this question but I didn't find an answer: is it possible to profile pedals in the effects loop?

I know it isn't possible to profile just the pedal, my question is if it is possible to capture the sound of the pedal through the effects loop, summed to the profile. As I didn't find anything about this topic, the answer is NO I guess, but why? Would it be possible in the future? Maybe running the "alien signal" through the fx loop...

Thank you.

On the other hand...is it possible to consider illegal reselling/sending profiles to other people IF they aren't protected in any way? I mean, can you take legal action against those people?

Because if it is legal, this whole thread is pointless and first of all there is the need of a protection (and only Kemper can do it I guess).

From all my experience with security and lock and protection: it will be the other way round! We honest buyers will get hampered and the culprits will hack the protection and continue as always. Has always been like that. Will always be.

You are probably right, the best way to my knowledge to protect a software today is the ilok, and it isn't ideal or compatible with the kemper I guess. But, if anybody can copy and send profiles, in the future people will download them from torrent and nobody will feel the need to buy them at full price from the sellers. Just like for plugins or music.

There should be a way...

(sorry for my english).

Hi Ingolf and thank you.

My first question was from a "technical" point of view. So it is possible theoretically, but can you send a copy of the profile you paid for, to a friend? I ask because that would be kind of "not very honest" I guess...and I'm curious if a seller can protect himself from this kind of ""piracy"", one could just buy one profile and resell it forever.....?

As you say this isn't really an interest of Kemper but if I could try for a short period of time the profiles I wish to buy, that would be my interest and a great fuature for every kemper user, so an interest of Kemper.

Thanks.

Hello!! :) Fairly new here.

I'm sorry if these topics were already covered but I can't find what I'm looking for...(and I'm sorry in advance for my English).

• Is it possibile to resell third party profiles? I mean, are they "tied" to the kemper or not? If not, people could just send a copy of them for free to other people and I guess they are not supposed to work like that...right? ?(
    • There isn't a way to audition profiles before buying them I guess (unless on youtube or similar ways): could kemper introduce some kind of option to do this? For example a copy of the profile you wish to buy that expires after 3 days or even 1 hour, a temporary snapshot of the profile or an option to audition the profiles when the kemper is connected to the rig manager, without giving you the possibility to store the profile...so people can audition the rigs with their own gear and make a more educated choice.
    • I really like some M Britt profiles and I would like to buy them without swimming between 956,000,000 plus sounds (that is nice for somebody but I prefer to "travel light" :D ) do you find any particular difference between pack 1, 2 and 3? I mean, maybe 1 is best suited for something and 2 is better for something else :/

(by the way it would be great if Mr Britt could sell a custom pack where people are free to buy their favourite profiles without having to buy everything 8o ).

Thanks for your time and feel free to edit my post so it could be clearer for other people!

Namasté, love you all.

Also set your main output (FOH) to -20db. Sound man will appreciate it. I do not send a stereo signal to FOH, just mono. But I do send two signals and let them pan it hard left and hard right. Just my preference. The sound is enormous, compared to stereo.

If you send two ideantical signals to L and R, when panned they should sound just as a mono signal but louder (unless there are stereo effects involved). Or am I wrong?

Thanks.