Posts by MCVA444

Pretty sure the Kemper is not really capable of capturing the room sound and early reflections, so close mic'ing is the only way.

Best way (imo) is through spdif but main outs are fine. XLR is better, but shouldn't make much of a difference if your ts cables are short. Take some pictures of your output settings display pages, that should make thing easier to determine.

I would explain, but I'm sure this video does a better job:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Watch from 2:00. Not sure about this preview thing, but I dont have that kind of problem. The quality shouldn't be affected at all though. Just be sure to 'drag and drop' (or import from the file menu) the profiles from either the Kemper(as the video describes) or any folder on your computer where you have downloaded commercial profiles into your 'local library' folder, at least initially. You can then right click the local library folder in order to create subfolders. Then drag and drop your profiles as to your preference and go from there. As I said, I have created sub folders for each author of profiles(M.britt, Tonehammer, The Amp Factory etc), though I'm beginning to think using sub folders for each amp type and then having another sub folder for each author within the amp type is the better way to go! Bit of a laborious task having to change everything now though!

Thanks, I was wondering about that, but I don't see any other folders under My Profiler in Rig Manager.

May be the factory rigs that are on there in addition to your imported ones. Regardles, FWIW I barely have any profiles stored on my actual Kemper. You can import them into Rig manager and load from there, just connecting via USB. That way you can have as many as you like, all organised into different folders, by amp or profiler etc. Only import into the actual Kemper the rigs that you will definitely need for a gig or something. I'm assuming you have a computer near your Kemper?

Thanks. So essentially there are four delays, with two on each side. two are pretty short, and two are around the 400ms mark. May struggle achieving the independent feedback though. Also do you reckon the number by the 'feedback' setting is a percentage? Seems like it must be...

In honour of the late Allan Holdsworth, I was hoping to garner some interest in creating some authentic sounding Holdsworth profiles. Who's keen? I've found some older profiles, but none that take advantage of the new delays, which should make it much easier to come up with some good stuff, especially for his clean tone.

Would be good to get some together in order to record some covers, but my attempts at messing with the delays haven't proved very fruitful so far! Anyone have any suggestions?

I particularly dug the clean tone from this album:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Though he does appear to have a few different cleans for that album, one with the extra crystal synth sound going on(which should be possible with the new delays) as well as one for the track 'Sixteen men of Tain' which sounds like he used a harmonizer of some sort.

And Obviously this lead tone is immense(imo):

And lastly, this has to be my favourite lead tone that he recorded(his solo starts at 02:30):