Posts by MCVA444

Anyone interested in the jazz iii shape, consider timbertone picks and winspear picks. I've long been a user of the jazz iii but it has always tended to slip around in my fingers while playing. After recently trying both these companies I couldn't be happier!

A funding campaign has been set up for his family to pay for funeral expenses etc in case anyone would like to donate. Unfortunately it sounds like Holdsworth didn't have much money to his name at the time of his passing.

https://www.gofundme.com/allanholdsworthmemorial

Edit:

Oops, I just read the post above after posting this. Also, the Holdsworth Facebook group is unsurprisingly active atm. There has been a massive outpouring of emotion online, with lots of well known musicians sharing their stories of their time with him, and lots of information is being channeled through there so if anyone is interested I'd encourage you to join.

Neve is smoother indeed, API is crisper. I kept the Neve because the API just had too much static hair on the mutes for what I can use. Some additional refining and it has lots of promise.

Cool. I've never been lucky enough to use either so it's good to know that those characteristics come across on the profiles.

Yeah, I used to have this problem too. I have changed all my cables to these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio…Audio-Cable/dp/B004LR7HP4 and made a stand from http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina31.htm for my Kemper and problem is gone.

The bass is lighter and flabbier. The highs are more sibilent a bit more sshh-y than sss-y. The congestion went from tall and deep to practically non-existent. But the real difference was resolution - the sound became 5 dimensional. I can finally play my guitar now after 4 years of tweaking.

'This is the best cable for charging your cellphone 30 May 2015
    By Headphone Collector - Published on Amazon.com
    This is the best cable for charging your cellphone! go ahead and buy it!
    I finally bought this USB cable after five months of consideration.
    This cable charges my cellphone a lot faster! I can't believe it!
    It worth the price.'

I think the cable is supposed to be useful for your phone. Man have you wasted your money.

That´s right, I had some shared before but was not shure if I could share with TillS, (shared), cabs on them so I removed them.

The Dual Recto profile you see is a modified one I made but it´s not me sharing.Dont know who sharing that one?

I can link to some zipfiles I made a long time ago if it´s okey to share rigs with cabs from Tills :)

Its okay mate, these are more than good enough. Totally understand if you feel uncomfortable sharing the others. Just wanted to test out some more of your good work :)

Couldn't you just use the interface as the internal clock when not recording? I use the Kemper in the same way as you but have not experienced what you're talking about. Do you mean there is a doubling of the guitar, and it sounds kind of like a chorus effect? I get this when recording in my DAW but then I just mute the record enabled track.

Would you mind explaining the gain staging issue a bit further? How loud did you usually have to set the amps for it to be optimal? I'm guessing just enough until they open up, but not too loud so that power amp distortion kicks in? Also, did you notice there being a problem once it got so loud that the speakers started to really move?

It sounds less open in the upper mid-range compared to the reference amp. There is also something happening that makes the attack on the kemper tone smoother. I'm using my Sennheiser HD600 headphones to monitor and have the video set to 1080p.

Have you tried messing with the controls on the Kemper? It doesn't sound so off that it's completely unrecognisable. For example, you could try increasing the 'pick' option in the amplifier section to rectify the second issue that I noticed.

FWIW, I have had massive issues when trying to profile my Mesa recto preamp and 2:100 poweramp rig in the past(basically a dual rectifier), to the extent where it was completely un-usable. Strange considering so many people have profiled the dual rec sound successfully, but there you go. Certainly there are some amps which can't be profiled due to the preamp-poweramp distortion characteristics mentioned above.