Posts by Daylight

Hey everybody. This is my first post. I just got the remote and had the EXACT same problems that some of the people have mentioned on here. When I first plugged in the remote, it indicated that it was waiting to connect to the network...etc.

Believe it or not, I solved this by just pressing the BANK up and down buttons and some of the other buttons. The remote had been momentarily lighting up, then all the lights went off and it indicated it was trying to connect to the network. I pressed a bunch of buttons - and suddenly there was a horizontal bar that went across the bottom of the remote screen that said something like "Updating Firmware" - it came on really quick - so I did not get long to read whatever it said.....AND THEN EVERYTHING WORKED. I have unplugged it several times and it comes back. I have turned the unit off and back on - and everything works - but the remote is still finicky. It still says "Waiting for Connection" and sometimes I need to unplug it a couple times. Also - holding down the TAP button seems to trigger it to power up.

My immediate thought was that merely plugging in the remote was not enough to let the amp know it was actually plugged in. As soon as I started rattling the bars of the cage and letting the amp know the remote was there by pressing those buttons, it SAW the remote - updated the firmware and was good to go. This really is behaving like a firmware issue - and - at least for me - it seems like the rig can be tricked into working and is stable once everything finds everything else. Seems like a simple firmware update would fix everything. I'm using the latest 3.1 or whatever is on their site.

Hope this helps some folks. I was SERIOUSLY bummed when I came across this.....

Followup - For me at least - if I hold down the TAP button on the Remote - and then press BOTH the UP and DOWN BANK buttons while holding down the TAP button - It makes the unit go into the Initial Screen that says "Performing Power Test." If I hold down the tuner button it zooms to connect more readily - but it's not a foolproof situation. You have to mess around with it to get it to work....