Posts by ancientmariner

If you are on Mac you'll want to go the FW route, on PC it is USB all the way.

Have a rather powerful pc so will be using that, so just to clarify..usb interface and Focusrite is all is required to sucsessfully hook everything up for recording? Any recommendations for choice of usb interface?

Thanks again

Bit of a noob question but how does the Focusrite connect to the pc for recording? I have been asked to do a recording for someone in a couple of weeks and would like to use the kemper instead of my usual setup. Is the Focusrite all that is required?

Never connect anything other than a suitable cabinet to the (powered!) Speaker Output!
    Please check the manual!

You can however disable the Power Amp to save energy if you don't need it.

Thanks man, I was aware of both of those points as I have read the manual and as much info as i could find ;)
    I just wanted clarification as using the powerhead version as a preamp only.

Thanks all

I dont have the 1010 myself, but this vid may help you as it details using the 1010 with no chip

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Afternoon folks,

I am trying to get my head around using the x3 live as a midi controller for the Kemper. I have read through all available info on this but it is quite limited, as is my midi experience. I am trying to achieve a fairly basic setup..rythym, lead, clean and lead with wah so only plan on using the 4 preset pedals on the x3....have no need for assigning individual stomps. I have read a few threads where people were able to achieve this easily but I lack the basic midi know how to implement it. I am able to change presets on the kemper with the x3 out of the box but assigning them is more problematic. I would appreciate any help with this. I have read the reference manual but am still lost.

Thank you in advance

Morning all,

Am currently using my powerhead with a 4 x 12 cabinet and loving it. I have been asked to bring it over to a friends house next week, he has a vox valvetronix combo that i was going to use. Can I simply turn off the power amp on the KPA and go into the Combos fx return and use the KPA that way?

Thanks

I bought my kemper powerhead 10 days ago. I had been following the ax-8 and helix build up but decided on the Kemper for a few reasons. The concept and execution of the profiling itself is nothing short of astounding. Although my experience with it so far has been limited to using it with a 4 x 12 1960a cabinet, some of the tones i have dialled in are unlike anything i have heard before from any digital gear. My background with regards to gear has always been tube amps, marshalls excusively. I have been through many jmp's, jcm 800's, 900's, monoblocks's and more recently the jvm. I wanted to buy something that i would keep for years to come and I cannot see whay that isnt possible with the kemper. I needed a power amp too so the Kemper was a no brainer. The other guitarist in my band uses the original Axe fx and it is a gorgeous souning piece of gear..some of the clean tones are unreal. His gain tones are equally impressive and cut through the mix very well, however I wanted something more authentic and the Kemper ticks all the boxes. The 5150 tone I am using for my rhythm channel is jaw dropping. I think fractal have priced the ax-8 brilliantly, it will sell an astonishing number of units and will be commonplace on stages everywhere. Still have no regrets on the kemper though. It simply sounds killer.

Thanks for clarifying that for me, very useful!

I downloaded about 100 amps last night, a good few of them were direct profiles and i found the tones largely similar for the most part so figured the 1960a i use must be colouring them all more than i anticipated. Looking forward to getting more diversity particularly in the high gain department...gonna check your site now..thanks again.

Thanks deadlight i will be chcking those out tonight, are there any you would recommend for use with a cab as opposed to a frfr setup?

I would still appreciate any tips anyone would like to share regarding using a 4x 12 with a kemper powerhead, as I am only aware of using the monitor output to assist the tone shaping

Thanks

Thanks man, really enjoying the amp...i know a frfr setup would be more beneficial in terms of experiencing more of what the amp has to offer, am still blown away. I grabbed the sinmix free profiles last night but they are not really working for me with the cab i am using. Are there any common tips i may have overlooked for setting up the powerhead with a 1960a?

Greetings, recently became the proud owner of a kemper powerhead and have been diving in head first to learn as much as i can about this incredible amp. I am currently using it with a 1960a cabinet as this will be my live rig and I have had a bit of trouble dialing in tones that work for me from the stock amps included. I found a small di profile bundle featuring a diezel di profile and am pretty blown away by it, so I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of some of the best hi gain di profiles available. Seaching on the rig exchange is tricky as i am unable to sort the profiles to see all the di profiles available in one place.

Would appreciate any help offered.

regards

steve