Posts by spikey

I am also concerned that going to a Cloud only model that requires me to store my musical IP in their Cloud servers begs a future declaration that everything on said servers is now the under the control or property of Neural. Haven't made any saves or updates in XXX period, we are deleting your content. Caps on how much you can store and fees for storing more than one QC amount of data.

Ok maybe I'm just too naive, but aren't you reading way ahead of the end of the book here? No one has threatened to delete anything yet, have they?

I have a Kemper and I love how Kemper owners here want this thing to fail solely based on some message board conversations and YouTube demos.

I haven't noticed that at all... So who in particular wants their Kemper to fail?

OHHH you meant they want the QC to fail....

Well... ;)

outside of cataloging each backup, how would you locate the capture outside of simply looking through each backup, one at a time?

You would have to load in the whole banana to get to a specific capture I'm thinking... Now, you could (I think) have a workaround but it's convoluted. That is, to back up everything, then wipe everything, and then save that wipe as a backup. Then, load that "wiped" backup and do a capture, and then save it as a backup, again. Yep- convoluted... 8o There has to be a better way. Maybe there's gonna be so much memory available and the capture files are tiny size wise?

That's it. No access to individual files. It's either you accept a big monolithic system dump file or you don't.

Thats right, you cant store individual files, and that bums me out too. At least not yet.

But it's better than no backup at all!

The difference is that you CAN store them locally if you wish so.

Looks like when the Editor is released, you can do exactly that. I did ask if the editor backup is tied to whether the cloud is up or not. Waiting for that answer.

spikey said: Sorry, I missed this. So you are saying, we can make a full backup locally to our computers once the editor is released, correct?

Doug's reply just now-

"Yeah, a full system backup export file/restore from file is like the number one feature of the desktop controller, other than... well, controlling the unit."

I wanna be able to get to my stuff, via another option if the cloud dies or goes offline. There is supposed to be an editor that will be release later to sort this issue, but I don't have all the facts yet on it.

I am ok with people believing what they want. I'm not invested in this thing whatsoever so I really don't care about it other than enjoying some banter.

I see you are quite invested considering you are defending this thing non-stop on TGP and here. It must be an important thing to you so YMMV.

No, I'm not. I have not invested a "penny" yet. I just don't like throwing people and things under the bus without good reason.

What if neural DSP decide to close down the cloud, e.g. a year after they announce EOL for the product? You'll be happy with pretty much a brick?

Good point! I will ask that very question to Doug @ TGP and see what he says...

Yep, he says he gets paid I agree. He also says he wouldn't throw the Kemper under the bus (in a matter of speaking). So I guess we believe what we want at this point. :)

I'm out as well, if that is the case

Please explain why this is so bad an idea?...

So if the cloud backup and sharing methods are there to promote "free shares" AND "legit sales" and stop the stealing (on paid for 3rd party presets much like MBritt and others here do now) of software, what's wrong with that? Not sure about presets yet but all you do is set up the "capture" you made to be free or private at the time it is uploaded to the cloud, so you will have a choice in what you want to do with whatever you create at least from what I have read so far. Storage, sales, or free is supposed to be your choice before (or at the time of) the upload. So I don't understand why this is such a bad idea?

I don't think there is anything underhand here but I also think Rabea is not going to pull out all the stops to get the best sound out of the KPA when he is demoing the Quad. He is promoting the Quad, not doing a comparison video, so there will always be some level of skew regardless. If the KPA had sounded better, I wouldn't expect to see that video.....

There are many here that feel the same way. I don't want to accuse yet because there is no hard proof of that, but its not impossible either. He seems like a nice guy and a good player. And just because he found a box that sounds better to him (and in some cases me too) doesn't make him a fraud.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. It's not complicated.

It's easy to say he did this too. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to be wrong about that either, and that sure isn't complicated. All I'm saying is giving anyone the benefit of the doubt until we know otherwise. If he got paid to do this and I find out it's true, I'll be the first to say so here.

f I make a capture with the Quad Cortex, I can only upload or download it from the cloud. If I make music with an iPhone app, I'm not limited to uploading or downloading it from iTunes. Same with Microsoft Office.

You make music with Mircosoft Office? Kewl! :D