Posts by spikey

I guess since its still "beta" I cant expect much in the way of smooth and easy? I want to try it but a bit "gun-shy" yet.

To those who are running the latest beta for a non-powered non-Stage KPA, is there any reason NOT to update in your opinion?

Well... it’ll make a difference to the billions of people who will be affected by serious climate change if things don’t get better. So a good attitude to it like Ingolf & fretboardminer have is the best possible way forward.

I like a good "who done it" thriller as much as the next guy. The climate here changes 4 times a year- Summer, fall, winter, and spring (my favorite). I have a good attitude about most things fantasy or otherwise, but back to reality - I would turn off the amp when finished with it that day. So keep believing in what you want to as will I. Peace Brother. :)

I will faithfully try to switch it off just to safe the planet

Heh, the planet has been around for over 3 billion or so years, and will be around for at least that much longer. I doubt very seriously that saving anything we do while here in this tiny "sliver" of time span makes much difference in the big O Universe of things to worry over. As always, YMMV and thats ok. :) BTW- if yer gonna turn off the amp do it because of thunderstorms or house fires etc etc.

but the current Top 40 in America comprise named like The Jonas Brothers, Taylor Swift, Khalid, Ed Sheeran and Katy Perry.

Not trying to be mean and different strokes n all, but I guess Im just an old "fuddy duddy". I couldn't name you one single hit any of them ever made. Now you wanna talk about Skynyrd, Deep Purple, The Doors, ZZ Top, Jeff Healey, and don't forget the Stones and Beatles, then we got something to discuss. ;)

Maybe I just missed it, but Im seeing this more as a conversation about how good the KPA is and what is to come that will make it better.

What I don't see is much if any complaining. :)

Kemper way of keeping paying customers up to date with infos just simply sucks!

Ok maybe I missed one or two LOL.

I have this sick feeling that even when Kemper releases the new editor, we are going to hear nothing but complaints from people about how it works. Truly, no good deed goes unpunished.

There will always be complaints no matter what gear it is. But rather than take them as a negative complaint, I try to look at them as "constructive" criticism. And since the shakers and bakers read what we write here (in some forums they don't do this much, in others they do at the wrong place), it cant be construed as anything but more good ideas for them to use in the future! For example, I voiced my opinion on TGP about why NEW information on Helix was arriving there 1st, and not on the Line-6 forums 1st. Now I cant log onto TGP- go figure. But I digress, sometimes negative feedback with a better idea added turns into a big positive later!!! :)

There are basically two groups that use the KPA. The Live and the studio crowd. They can and do intermingle but for the most part and generally speaking, its mostly one or the other. Now the "Live" crowd majority might not see the need for an "editor" as the Kemper is pretty easy to tweak on the fly, and besides most of the time the stage is never big enough for what you need. And, no one likes beer on their expensive Laptop. The "Studio" crowd is the group that will be using the Editor more than anyone else Im thinking, but there are a few that do not like and will not use the editor at all no matter what. Its just not their thing. Since Im not playing out much any more and have a small home studio, I will use the editor almost excessively and can not wait to get it installed. Im so glad that it's finally around the corner- THANKS Kemper! My 2 cents ^^

What an amazing thing! I am "really having some F U N with this now! I have Helix hooked to the PC+ pair via L6-Link. I have the XLR L&R outputs of my Kemper hooked to the PC+ pair (XLR inputs). I then ran the XLR outputs from both PC+'s to my Mixer channel inputs. Now I can set up the editor (HX-Edit) to pick any Cabinet from both PC+'s and then save this as a Cabinet name (in HX-Edit) (this is only for my Kemper), and ALSO use Helix as needed (in the normal L6-Link way) and swap cabinets in the PC+ pair for each Patch via L6-Link! ALL FROM My Chair in front of my DAW- BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!!! 8)

General rule is If your amp is set for 8 ohms don't run anything less than that. If you are not sure what you have ask before you apply power.