Posts by spikey

Quote from SQUAREHEAD

Does anyone else think it’s odd that they would sell off demo units ‘before’ Musicmesse?

Odd no, but it is interesting in regards to adding speculation of a new Kemper on the horizon.

I do know that Fractal started selling off the Axe FXII XL+ at a discount a couple of months before revealing the "3" model.

And Kemper was discounted IIRC $300 just before I bought mine. All of this may mean nothing.

And then again.... :/

Good answers all, and thanks for that! I have a TC-Helicon VL3 that "needs" that guitar input for what key to set.

Quote from nightlight

With any luck, we will get the two big demands of an editor and new reverbs with the next update.

That would rate up there like awesome sauce for me!!!!

Quote from Per

My gut says we're more likely to see a new Kemper than a new firmware at this point.

Not that this is complaining, (I love my KPA) but I would hope that is not the case as I have just purchased a rack version. Maybe those of us who have done this recently will (with proof of purchase) get a discount on the new model (if you are correct)? Might as well dream big if yer gonna dream!!! :D

What I thought was that Rig Manager follows your folders you have on your "Mac/Windows" drive. I even tried looking for a 'Local Library" folder on my Mac. There isnt one.

Not that I completely agree with this format, once I figured out that RM follows no folder concept that is on your hard drive (other than the fact that you can drag rigs from it), things became a bit more understandable.

Just a bit. ;) I also renamed "My Profiler" to "Rigs in my KPA". Why? Because it makes more sense to me. In fact I wish we could rename all the folders in RM. We can? Then please tell me how.

Right now I'm debating to make more folders under the "Local Library" for Rig Makers/profiles like for instance "MBritt", etc etc, and then moving their rigs I have into their folder. And I have decided "for right now" that if I tweak on a rig and like the outcome, I just save it with a favorite tag, and this makes it easy to find then.

Thanks all!

I played tonight till my fingers were sore! X/:thumbup:

Quote from nightlight

I've heard the Helix plays nice with the Kemper. Lots of routing capabilities too... Maybe some kind of dual amp setup?

yep gonna try some of that soon...

I'm sure none of us know what's going to happen or when with a KPA- Version 2. But the two NAMM 18 interviews I watched with "Mr. Kemper" himself, did not allude to a Kemper 2, in fact he said that IIRC it would be hard to improve on perfection.

Does anyone use this output (other than for a send), and if so for what? Ideas please. ^^

Maybe I'm looking at this output in the wrong way, but what I had in mind was to use it as an amp & cab output with no post effects.
    In this way I could then send it to my Strymon pedals. Bad idea for using this output?

What say you?

Welcome back.
    Would be interesting to know how you made your mind up.

Simple. I had not heard any tones from any KPA's in some time. After all, my Helix (thru a pair of ASM-12's) is still a tone monster so why would I need to?

And then I ran across this. I said, @#$T, why am I NOT enjoying these (and others) too?!? 8o

And I also want to try and use the KPA thru some of Helix's Aux ports, and also try and control the KPA via the Control Center (Midi) in the Helix Editor.

Guys- Thanks for all the welcome backs!!!!

Hiya Guys! :thumbup:

Please welcome me back into the fold.

I just went into Tone Heaven (once again).

Yep, I tried hard to do without my KPA. I do love my Helix, but she wont ever understand...

I thought I could MAN_UP and just love one girl at a time.

I failed, miserably... :D

I should have things setup and be on the private side by the end of the week.
    And I have a LOT of catching up to do and questions to ask.

THANKS in advance!