Posts by spikey

Hi Don,

Yea Don I knew that the Kemper came with "patches" as most do. I actually bought my KPA because of the sounds I heard it produce on YouTube, and the very positive reviews from the Gear sites that sell them. I know its hard to believe but the truth is I was shocked when I realized just how many profiles were out there and not just the free ones. I did not take your post as condescending at all. Im just excited about finally getting my Kemper! and can't wait to "learn" how to use all those rig packs and profiles! :thumbup:

Ive been reading and from what Ive been able to digest, when you do a firmware update on the KPA (mine is coming new but probably will not have the latest OS in it) it seems you must sometimes do a System Reset, in which case erases (please forgive if I get this wrong Im new) the rigs and or cab data???

I have So many questions on what to do 1st and last and the order in between...

1. Do I need to save everything 1st if I want to update the firmware? Or just save everything at the start anyway?

2. Do I need to do a System Reset after updating the OS (or any other time)? Or is there no need?

3. Are there on line backups of all the "factory" Amp and Cab data so If I happen to mess up (highly possible as again Im new at this) I can just download and reinstall it?

A step by step "what to do if this happens" would be nice to have. Thanks in advance for any info not specifically covered "step by step" in the manuals. :thumbup:

Sure. Are you more interested in the hardware or software side?
    It's a very basic Arduino Mega circuit, with midi in/out, 5 momentary buttons and 5 LEDs... It would be very easy to built this thing as a footcontroller, too

The hardest part was actually to generate the nrpn messages, since I've never programmed this type of stuff before this project.

HA I have heard of the Arduino before! But after that I was pretty lost :D

Wrong way - there is a simpler solution:

Don't do a reset - push system**censored by myself(hidden feature)**.
    Go to bar for a drink.
    When you got back - the rigs will be converted:D

Do you mean that there is a cab reset in the system sub menu? Sorry Im a bit confused on what you do once you push the system button. I do not have my KPA yet and just trying to get ahead... Thanks

I just spent the last hour googling free Profiles for the Kemper. Granted some may not be worth the trouble, but I have at least 200 Profiles to play with now. Im new to the Kemper, but Im just "stunned" at the amount of FREE profiles I found, not to mention the amount of pay-for Profiles. Just wow.... :D

Great Stuff guys thanks! I really don't need frequency readouts as long as my poor old ears can still do that. Im assuming its adjustments in real time, so you can tweak and listen without having to jump out of some sub-menu Lok? Thanks again!

TY Paults for that info.

May I ask, is there also frequency adjusts for the wah starting point and ending point? Say you wanted to adjust the wah to start at 367 hz when it kicks on going forward, and at toe down you wanted 1500 hz max. Are these points available for adjustable too?

Hi all,

Im really new here and please pardon if this was answered a thousand times already. I did skim but did not see it.
    I have 2 Mission Expression pedals to use with my new Kemper remote and Profiler, one with the spring that sits in the rocked back position, and great for a WahWah effect. The other I will use for volume control.

My question is, is there a "auto engage" function setup with frequency (Hi end low end) adjustments for these types of pedals within the Kemper software?

Being able to keep the Wah off until you rock the pedal forward a certain percentage wise, and then adjusting the frequency of the low end of the wah so it sounds like the wah just appeared out of no where, and then just disappears in the same fashion when you remove your foot from the pedal, is just magic (with the Axe FX II).

I am hoping that my Kemper has this function too (waiting for it to arrive)...

Any info on this or url is appreciated- and nice to meet you all :thumbup:

Hi Y'all!

Greetings from Texas and Im Glad to be here...

Im an old Guitar player for a few decades and Im always on the lookout for the holy grail of tone as we all are.

I mostly play Blues Rock but have been in Country bands too ; )...

I currently own an Axe FX IIXL+ and love the ruff and gruff sounds, but TBH the cleans just leave me well.., a bit lacking.

Try as I might I can get close but thats all. Then I got on You Tube and listened to some KPA ....

So, I just bought a Kemper rack and remote unit and can't wait to get them in HEHE!!! :D