Posts by spikey

Nothing wrong with owning "both" units if you can afford it. I really like the tones and especially the functionality of the QC, and it will be another good tool in our guitar arsenal. And remember, without competition, there isn't any reason to compete. ;)

Read that some didn't care a lot for the effects in the Quad. After listening to the Tom Quale video I beg to differ. Sounded pretty good to me.

What say you?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That's a bit like buying an automatic car which only works at a certain speed

What if the "certain" speed was 0-300 mph, then? I know, we would all have lots of speeding tickets lol...

So if options are what rules us then, I must ask the question. Money aside, what's wrong with anyone owning a Kemper, Helix, and a Neural Quad Cortex?

I have MBritt profiles and I still made adjustments to make them fit better.

Yes, I've done the same thing, but "to me" that's not the same as starting from a scratch profile. That's why Mr. Britt (and others) sell many of them and I unfortunately do not.

Don't underestimate the importance of those controls in the amp section. They are a life saver..

Not underestimating anything and love options, I'm just saying some may not need an older standard gearbox any longer with the release of a new automatic transmission, no matter how well both work (or don't) . ;) The ability to capture an amp's tone with an SM-57 draped across the cabinet does not negate the great tones you can get thru a UA OX line out, in other words. And yes, both are adjustable before and after they are on the track.

The problem with this approach is that no two environments will be the same, hence why the KPA has those adjustments inside the amp section to make a good profile that's already production ready to "fit" your environment and the kind of guitar you use.

Ok, and modification options are great, but even with the same mic's, guitars, and a Kemper I still couldn't make the profile sound as good as MBritt does. The adjustments mean nothing if you don't have an ear for what you are adjusting. He does. ;) And the assumption that the Quad does everything in the same way as Kemper does regarding capture mode might be misleading as well. I haven't read enough yet to know this, have you? In other words "maybe" the Quad doesn't need these "adjustments"? lol... Much to learn here is all I'm saying. :)

Another video for our enjoyment....

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Fractal offers much more in terms of modeling/effects quality/quantity than helix, stomp is a bang for the buck though. But thats like saying jcm900 not worth the money because dsl20 exists (not true).

One thing that is very evident about Fractal (whether you like them or not), and that is the guy that makes it and knows most about it doesn't post most of the Axe-FX information on another website (Talking about the Line-6 folks here).

External Content youtu.be

Good video and I really liked the "hands-on" interface (part of the video) on the unit.

I ran across a couple of videos while searching for the specific tones of different generation JP EBMM Majesty guitars, and thought I'd share.

Hope you enjoy them as I did. 8)

So freaking hard to do this right (and sing too), but here goes anyway... :)

I used one of Bert Meulendijk's profiles- "BM C BEC plex" and backed off the gain.

Thanks for the views!

If you were like me and didn't know what a "DynaMount" was...

BTW, Thanks for the Profiles!