Posts by MoonDog

Just curious where people put there toaster on stage. I have mine on a laptop tray on top of a Hercules mic stand. It hasn't gotten tipped over.....yet .....but I can see this is an accident waiting to happen.
    I like to have access to the KPA without having to crouch down with it on the floor.... while I am playing so it is nice to have it up 3 ft off the ground but ,I believe there has to be a better solution out there....

Anyone?

Thanks.

Moon Dog

Solved....KPA needed OS update.
    Deadlightstudio was right on.
    Profiles didn't work with my Firmware....
    I also tried using the Rig Manager to update the profiles (also great useful advice thanks)....thats when the KPA puked....Error messages, Reboot Reqyured...I knew I needed to update the firmware.

Also Rig Manager needed to be updated to work with the new KPA firmware.

All good...everything working stellar....all Rigs working.

BTW....MBritts new Rack Pack has lots of usable heavy rhythm sounds.

Thanks to the community...one of the best I have experienced.

Moon Dog

Haven't had issues in the past but just imported the Michael Britt Rack Pack....but I don't see them.
    There are a total of 43 new profiles.
    In fact when I sort by Last Imported....it lists only two profiles that I imported long ago.

I tried to import again thinking something went wrong and I got the message that all the profiles on my thumb drive had already been imported.

I have 470 Profiles in my Kemper....

Thoughts?

Thanks.

I think I can add some value here...
    I have 2 BOSE L1 Type IIs both with B2 bass Cabs.
    and a BOSE Compact

I have spent countless hours trying to get a great lead guitar with sustain through my BOSE and never really got the interaction that I felt and sounded right. It sounds great and its loud but something was missing.

So I added a FRFR powered speaker....kind of. My good buddy who is a hell of an engineer, producer and musician (Works with the Gin Blossoms here in AZ) recommended I try the new Mackie DLM112. Super small Super light (34 lbs) 1000 Watts. He bought a pair and loves them.

So I run one channel of my Kemper to the BOSE and the other to the Mackie. That Mackie with its 1 - 12 did the trick. I run it behind me on the floor it has a built in kick stand. BOOM!!!!!! nice interaction with my PRS pickups....as much or as little feedback/sustain by just turning a little bit.

I have used the Mackie DLM12 with Both the Compact and the L1 Type II...sounds great with BOTH.

Also note the Mackie is a two channel/input system so I take the main out on my ToneMatch into this as well. The Compact is lacking in low end but not with the Mackie added its a perfect marriage.

So this solved multiple problems for me and I couldn't be happier.

Moon Dog

New to KPA but started out the gate with PM....
    What I think you would miss by not using it is you can use the same sounds lets say your favorite lead tone, but for different songs make it sound a little different. Since you can make changes that are specific to the Performance you can make changes that give your sound some variety....
    Some people love to hear a guitarist who doesn't sound the exact same on every lead for example.
    My 2 cents.
    Moon Dog

OK I just figured it out....

You cannot use the Alternate input on the back of the Kemper and set the output to Git Analog....it does not work.

Plug the guitar into the Front Input jack......SOUND. (Even if you have the input set to Alternate input, plugging into the Front Jack overrides that setting).

Not sure if this was done intentionally but this is how mine works.

Moon Dog.

Thanks for your post Monkey-Man...
    My "Other System" is a TC Helicon VoiceLive3.
    The input on this system is a 1/4 guitar jack. It is a guitar level input by definition.
    I do have a gain control on that input but even at full on 0dB......no sound.
    I also tested this Direct out Git Analog into a guitar amp....cranked it up....

Not a sound.

I just did a Global Init Reset ..... didn't change anything....except blew away some of my tweeks.

Moon Dog.

Hey Everyone...
    Yep the new guy with probably a question with an obvious and hopefully it is NOT a hardware issue.

I need the direct out to work as a direct box to another system that I have....but when Direct Out is set to Git Analog there is no signal.
    When I set Direct Out to Git+Processing I have a very nice signal with lots of sparkle.

I understand there is no way to turn down or up the Direct Out when set to Git Analog so I am kind of stumped here....

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks for your time, I know it is your most precious commodity.

Moon Dog

Ingolf....

Thanks for your insights....I expect to be able to provide those as well here soon as I spend more time with my new girlfriend (as my wife calls her) KPA.

I have read the manual and spent a few hours with the system and cannot seem to find the steps to save a tweaked Rig when PM to the Browse Pool (Over write or Save As would also be useful)....?

I imagine its something obvious...but unfortunately for me...not that obvious .

Thanks in advance.

Moon Dog