Posts by groovekanzler

Hi y'all,

I am trying to create a delay like in the guitar melody of "Enjoy The Silence" by Depeche Mode.

Driving me nuts!... I thought it should be simple, but I can't figure it out.

I thought I was hearing at least two taps on the and of 2 and 2. So I tried 2/16 and 4/16 double delay- that did not work

6/16 and 4/16 is better, but sounds off.

Here is an ISO track:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here is the the song:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Can anyone help?

Cheers, g

I have 3 main use-cases for a guitar compressor, what would be sensible settings for those:

1) obvious clean compression a la "another brick in the wall"

2) funky/snappy compression a la Nile Rodgers

3) fatten up a slightly anemic Tele: Let the "snap" through but fatten up the decay/sustain a little for say crunchy country rhythm sound

I have spend a ridiculous amount of time wading through the forum to find what the controls do. Seems nobody (including the mods) actually do. The explanation for "squash" is usually just copy/paste from the manual...

If anyone knows what it does, please let me know.

I would love an explanation of what the controls actually do to the ADSR envelope. A small update of the reference manual would be welcome ;)

Ok, so now that I know that zero means left of center :thumbup:

“Squash” towards zero, the compressor will emphasize the first phase of the strings’ decay, resulting in less squash"

So does that mean that the early part of the envelope remains unaffected by the compressor?

If so, how is that different from a longer attack (=higher number value) in the attack parameter ?

Hi guys,

after initially putting my rig together in 2015, I haven't really touched any of the controls.

Now back to creating new sounds for a new band...

One thing I still strongly dislike about the Kemper is dialling compressors :cursing:

I know how to dial studio compressors and of course it's even easier with a CS-3.

I keep going back to the manual to try to figure out what the knobs do...

From the manual.

Squash

This gives you control over the dynamic behavior of the compression. At the center position the compressor will work as you expect. When you turn “Squash” towards zero, the compressor will emphasize the first phase of the strings’ decay, resulting in less squash. When you turn it more to the right, the first phase of the strings´ decay gets squashed, and the volume sags. You will notice that the compressor recovers from squashing when you let the strings decay further - even boosting the sound a little, compared to when you hit the strings. Now, the compressor becomes noticeable!

“Squash” does not change the compression ratio, as this is always infinite on vintage stomp compressors.

WHAT happens left of center (negative values) and right of center (positive values)?

Please explain how I can move from center towards zero?!?!

"

At the center position the compressor will work as you expect. When you turn “Squash” towards zero, the compressor will emphasize the first phase of the strings’ decay, resulting in less squash."

The manual does not say what happens left of center....

I wish there were normal, traditional controls instead of these i-controls ;)

perhaps even an opto and VCA mode ;)

At the very least the manual should be more clear what part of the envelope gets compressed at which setting, imho

Happy New Year everyone!

I am in the market for a new chair/stool. The old one is falling apart ;)

I wonder how people are liking the ones with foldable armrests. Did not have one of those before...

What are your favorites, preferably available in Europe/GER?

Looking for something guitar friendly and noise-free ;)

Any recommendations are highly welcome :thumbup:

Ignorieren Sie einfach mal die Performance, die nach dem Start erscheint. Diese Performance spiegelt ja nicht (!) den gespeicherten Zustand wieder. Einfach einmal nach dem Neustart eine Performance frisch laden.

Das ist, so glaube ich, verstanden: Der Kemper holt sich den Rig-State zunächst immer aus dem Edit-Buffer, falls er dort was findet. Nach dem Verlassen der Performance und Rückkehr, sollte aber der GESPEICHERTE (=also nicht der ge-bufferte Zustand geladen werden)

Das funtioniert leider trotzdem nicht zu 100%. Ich habe einige Performances, die auch noch diesem Vorgehen noch "Editited" anzeigen. Da ich nicht sicher weiß, ob es vielleicht an einem veralteten Format liegt, habe ich diese Performances nochmal abgespeichert.

Ergebnis: Das "E" hält sich hartnäckig, auch wenn die Performance mit der Remote verlassen wird und später wieder zurückgekehrt wird. Auch mehrmaliges Runter-/Hochfahren, Speichern, verlassen und zurückkehren zu der problematischen Performance ändert daran leider nichts.

Ich habe mich leider zu früh gefreut, das Problem ist zurück :(

Anbei der Text, den ich dem Support geschickt habe, damit klarer wird was das Problem ist, und wie ich es zumindes bei meinem Kemper reproduzieren kann:

1. Einschalten im Performance Mode

2. Performance 4 “Soulmate” mit Remote auswählen (hier haben alle Slots schon das “E"), z.B. Slot 2

3. SPEICHERN der Performance (am Kemper)

4. Wechsel per Remote auf Performance Nr. 5 “Streets/One" Slot 3

5. Rückkehr auf Performance 4, Slot 3

ERGEBNIS: Alle Slots in der Performance 4 “Soulmate” haben wieder das “E”

Da kann irgendwas nicht stimmen. Aber was??

EDIT: OS 7.1.3 unpowered Kemper Rack

So Freunde,

Burkhard hat mein Support Ticket bearbeitet, und nun läuft alles wie es soll:thumbup:
    Bei mir war es genau eine von 10 Performances, die sich komisch verhalten hatte. Egal wie ich gewechselt hatte (Remote, Knöpfe am Kemper) ich hatte immer das "E". Nach erneutem Speichern der Performance ist der Spuk jetzt vorbei. Ich kann mir zwar immer noch nicht erklären, wie es zu dem Verhalten gekommen ist, aber nu ists ja gelöst.

Vielen Dank nochmal für den 5-Sterne Support!!

Ich sehe auch immer öfter das "E" und hab es auf beginnende Senilät geschoben.... Aber tatsächlich, auch nach dem Wechsel der Performance und folgender Rückkehr ist der "edited Zustand" aktiv... FW 7.1.3

EDIT: nur zur Sicherheit: ich spreche vom Performance Mode

I can also echo that. Just had to go back to an older firmware that I did not have a backup of a couple of days ago. Support helped me with this within 24HRS on a weekend... I call that top notch support!!!

3. You can download Kemper's "Addendum 5.7" for a description of how Legacy Reverb works, as well as the new ones :)

https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/5/User-Manuals

All I found was the following description. I don't see how I would be able to recreate, say the room reverb, with the given information... which seems to have time-warped, since it's already looking back from a point in time where OS 6 is current ;)

"

Legacy Reverb

The Legacy Reverb is based on the first reverb algorithm created for the PROFILER. The main purpose of this reverb type is to maintain full backward compatibility with Rigs that have been created before the advent of PROFILER operating system 6.0.

If you are going to build a new reverb from scratch, you should select one of the new reverb types instead.

"

1.:Try 5.7.4! You can always go back to older versions. :thumbup:

Well, I just learned that I can't, because my current OS 5.6.2 is no longer available for download.

Besides, the knowledge which settings convert to the previous reverbs must exist somewhere, just not in the manual...

if you update to the 5.7.4 public beta the rigs will sound the same. There was a bug in the previous version that changed the reverb mix settings in rigs that were stored in a version previous to version 5.

I think the presets and parameters from rigs should be converted automatically. But there are some issues so it is better to wait for next(5.7.4) release.

Wow that was quick, thank you guys!!!

So question 1 is covered with version 5.7.4

What about question 2? Is there a table where I can look up how to recreate the old reverbs, I quite like them ;)