Posts by groovekanzler

Hi everyone,

I'm confused what will happen to my rigs when updating to OS 5.7 . I looked at the addendum manual, but there is no real description about the legacy mode. So here it goes:

1. Will my rigs (using the older delays) sound the same when I update to 5.7?

2. Is there a table for which-parameter settings equals the old reverb types?

Cheers:)

I don't have a solid workflow either. What seems to work sometimes for me is: When you have built a new performance in RM, try going to an empty performance via the remote (BANK up/down). Then go back to the newly created performance (again using the remote) and check again. For some reason I also have more luck with RM on windows than macOS.

Ok guys, I have been testing the free version and I have to say I really like the sounds. At least as good as SD3 (which also sounds great, but misses something at the higher velocities for me). Especially the dynamics are great! What I don't like:

-No built in way for CC curves. To me that's a no go, because out of the box the tracking with a Roland VH-11 is not good. To me that's a weak spot for all VSTs. I still have to find a VST-drum that PLAYS as well as the TD-30.

-mapping is a pain, wish they put the note names in there. As of now you have to go back and forth between mapping and construct, to see how SSD5 is mapped.

-I don't like how the half open articulations blend. Whatever magic they did with the playback engine (which is great) on drum heads, I wish they could do something similar for the HH

-No rim shots on toms

-I don't mind the 90ies look of the GUI, but I would like to see the whole mixer without scrolling

If any of the edrummers have a trick for the CC4 HH issue, I would really like to hear it ;)

(I know Scripter can remap incoming MIDI in Logic, but it's not exactly easy to use)

Ich habe jetzt nur mal kurz quer gelesen. Was mir dazu einfällt:

1. Der Kopfhörer Ausgang am Kemper ist von guter Qualität (wahrscheinlich besser als von deinem Interface). Du kannst auch weiterhin am Kemper "Monitoren" dafür schickst du über den Mixer deines Interfaces entweder den Summenkanal deiner DAW (oder noch kompfortabler den Sub-Mix den du beim Aufnehmen hören willst) an den AUX-INPUT des Kempers. Dafür müsstest du allerdings nochmal in zwei Kabel investieren. Das hat den Vorteil, dass du A) die geringst mögliche Latenz beim Einspielen der Gitarre hast und B) der Kofhörer-Ausgang am Kemper wahrscheinlich qualitativ besser ist und C) du am Kemper die Lautstärke des "Playbacks" einstellen kannst, ohne den Mixer deines Interfaces zu nutzen. Inputmonitoring über die DAW würde ich wo möglich ohnehin vermeiden.

2. Je mehr Signale man zusammen mischt, desto wichtiger wird die Kunst des Mixens ;)

Zum Einspielen würde ich die Lautstärke des "Playbackspuren" gerade so laut wie nötig einstellen. Ansonsten wie die Kollegen ganz am Anfang schon geschrieben haben: Gitarre in mono und ohne Stereo-Effekte aufnehmen (STACK). Wenn du wie unter 1. verfährst, kannst du trotzdem beim Einspielen der Gitarre in Stereo (SPACE+MOD EFFEKTE) monitoren.

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 00.33.02.png

Ok, so in short: At this point there is nothing I can do to get better searches?!

The IT-database stuff you guys talk about is way over my head, but if this would make searches more useful, more power to ya! Where is the petition I need to sign? I would use the search function, but.... ;)

That's a limitation of the standard mySQL search engine. If the admin could setup and activate elasticsearch, things would change a lot. ;)

Has the admin been made aware that that's possible? I would really welcome better searches! Honestly I usually struggle to find the stuff I'm looking for. Since you seem to know a lot more about it: Is there a way for (I think it's called) boolean searches, say AND? The search always seems to choose OR

Mach ich fast genauso, nur ein Rig weniger und ohne morph. Wer nicht gerade eine privaten Gitarren-FOH -Mischer für sich alleine gebucht hat, bekommt damit auch eher einen vernünftigen Sound aufs FOH, als der Kollege mit 20 unterschiedlichen Rigs ;)

Hi guys,

I am double checking my digital cabeling and have stubled upon different specs for SPDIF coax voltages.

Kemper spec from the manual only states "S/PDIF IN/OUT: 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz (24 bits) with RCA phone connectors for coax cables (Master only) " no mention of voltage

My RME interface has two options "Output level Professional 1.4 Vpp, Consumer 0.7 Vpp"

So my question is:

What voltage does the Profiler want to see? Don't want to damage the input... So what to set?

Sorry, if this has been talked about elswhere, but I could not find a definitive answer in the threads I found via search.

Thanx for reading!

Wow, Monkey_Man, thanx again for taking all that time showing me around the forum :thumbup:

The naming scheme makes a lot of sense to me. So much that I wonder why Kemper don't start them and perhaps sticky them until the next beta comes out :/

About releases, I still think it would make a lot of sense to have some more centralized document/database... but oh well. Does not mean that I'm saying releases are very buggy... but bugs happen. I did propose that a while back, but the thread was even locked by moderator (still don't get why).

Those are the old threads about that:

official public bug tracking

stomp mix bug or feature?

I'm not in the forum a lot, so I'm sure for peoply who are in here daily it's less useful than people like me.

Anyway, thanx again for your time, and keep on rockin' :)

Wow, thank you so much Monkey_Man!!!

I'm not in here so much, so your post really did help me navigating... a lot!! So thanx again!

At the risk of looking even thicker than I am: Searching for "FW 5.5.2.13463" yields only this thread. So there is no thread talking about the current non-beta FW?

Thanx again for the time you put into your very good explanation :thumbup:

Thanx for the hint Ash!

But really, my feature-wish is really all about ease of use and convenience, I would not even mind paying a little extra for the profiles. I just want to save myself the trouble of web-browsing, paypaling or ebaying, importing, sorting and then... discarding all the stuff I don't need.

That's why I would LOVE the option of demoing profiles right out of rig-manager :):thumbup:

....when I want to search for peoples experience with the lates Kemper-OS and type 5.5.2 in the search field, I get tons of unrelated posts that just contain the number 5. When I try "5.5.2" I get :

No items matched your search terms: “"5.5.2"”.

So in other words: How do I find the user experience thread to the current firmware:/

Thanx for your time guys!!

I am just talking from purely a user-perspective.

However: A lot of companies are trying to follow the example of Apple and have their own app-store.... Kemper made the business of making/selling profiles possible in the first place. They keep investing in their established product a lot (good software updates).... why should they not benefit at least partially from profile sales?

Again, I would not mind paying considerably more for a profile I could try first.... To me this would be a win-win :)

I think 10 guitarists with the same guitar and the same amp would not sound the same;)

THIS!!

That's why I don't buy guitars online. Gotta try before you buy ;) I have not bought a single commercial profile yet, to me without wirst trying them out, would be pointless.

That's why I proposed this as a feature-wish:

Rig Manager with DEMO/TRIAL-mode for commercial profiles

Funny that I am just reading this post AFTER posting my request ;)

I wish the thread-starter in threads such as this one would take more responsibility for the dialog and maintain his/her post with categorised lists of bugs (critical/major/minor/unconfirmed) and short descriptions thereof as problems are reported. Every user shouldn't have to browse a ton of posts to determine whether this or that firmware-version is suitable for his/her purposes.

Even better had been if the announcement had been kept up2date with such information as Kemper support should have the most up2date information about the status of bugs at any given time.

I agree, totally. I suggested something like an official "BUG-tracker" a year or so ago. Would really make things easier for me. Everytime I am thinking about updating the OS, I waste a lot of time skimming through the forum, to find out what I risk messing up with an update. Try just finding this thread by typing 5.6.2 in the search field....

I would love to see something like in Rig Manager like DEMO/TRIAL-mode for commercial profiles.

Why: I simply don't like buying stuff that I don't enjoy using. And although there are audio demos (sometimes) available, it's not really a riliable indicator of how it will sound with your own guitar, and how it feels to play. I would even prefer to pay double for a profile that I can try before ;)

I wonder how other players feel about this? Not sure how the vendors would like such a model?