Posts by groovekanzler

Well, the bug tracking idea died quickly (link in post above). I wonder why the discussion was locked, though... Did I violate any of rhe forum-rules? Sorry if I did! But it seems whatever I said was taken the wrong way. Since I cannot PM G String, I feel an answer is necessary, as I don't like to be misunderstood.

use a release version and you will be able to to do everything you need to do. that's why it is a release version.

That statement does not make a whole lot of sense to me. That woud imply that "everthing in a release version is always good and well" as is. Hardly realistic for any pice of software on the planet...

yes, human errors happen but that doesn't mean we have a massive back log of open issues we hide from anybody when we release a new software
    version. our products are designed to be used in a professional
    environment and judging by how many well known users we have, that seems
    to work pretty well.

Nobody said nor implied there is "a massive back log of open issues". I totally am at a loss how you got that. My aim was just to improve the user experience.

usually we do not comment of feature requests. in your case i wrote a reply because i wanted to line out what needs to be done in case
    somebody has a problem. it wasn't an invitation to discuss this further.

I think the aim of discussions in this forum is to exchange point of views and information with each other. Often times to a mutual benefit... I don't get why you would lock such a discussion.

if you find a bug, contact us and report the bug on the forum if you feel the need to share it. as it turns out we will not be able to share our notes with you.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/contact

I think you are missing the point. It's not about the need to share something, it's about have the necesseary knowledge to use your product. Simply put: I need to know what it can and connot do. The cannot part is the problem here... there simply is no oficial resource about it. So I get you are reluctant to implement an official bug tracker (for reasons unknown). So how about this then:

You could at least include the "known isues" along with the release notes. How about that? That way people don't have to waste time digging around for problems on the forums, that are already on your list...

Lot's of good suggestions in here!! All of which would improve upon the current state. Creating new patches is still a bane for me without an editor and the stomp selection is a big part of it...

I agree. Still bug reports (as many as possible) are necessary to help track the bug down

I totally agree! And in ADDITION it would be nice to refer people to the relevant entry @bugreporter rather than the old narrative: "....yeah, I remember reading about that that problem, don't remember if it ever got sorted out... might have been something else tho...."

This could also be useful for the guys @Kemper (although they were not crazy for the idea when I first talked to them about it). Say there was a bug that was hard to reproduce... The issue could be posted with a "pending confirm-tag". This is a very active community, I bet within less than 48hrs there would be a 95% "confirmed/falsified" status to every single entry.

In a perfect world there would be no bugs... but since we roam in the real world:

Updating and Kemper-houskeeping would be a lot easier for me if we had an official resource for the status of bugs. I like not having to spend lots of time setting up live microphones, but I enjoy digging around the www for often times mission-critical information even less... Let me explain via two scenarios:

NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE:
    1) go online to see what people report
    2) read through all related threads
    3) some people reporting problems, often times not clear if due to "user error" setup specifics...etc
    ... at the end: I remember reading that someone somewhere had somekind problem...

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY UNIT:
    1) go online, see if others have the same problem
    2) is this problem "official"?
    3) does Kemper know about it?
    4) has it been fixed in the latest update?
    ... at the end: I remember reading that someone somewhere had a similar problem, that was kind of fixed, but don't remember exactly... wait let me use the semi-intelligent search function... 30 mins later... ?(

Right now the information is kind of... partly... available in many places (mainly in "some thread", release notes...). I can't see any reason why this should not be available in a more compact format. "option-deluxe" would be a feature "inform me when the bug is fixed :thumbup: "

What do you guys think?

isn't it what happens with a real tube screamer? I don't have it here but as far as I can remember the only way to get rid of the stomp effect is not the mix knob but the press of the on/off which translates in the on/off of the kemper bypass. maybe though I don't remember well since it is years I don't use it

Well, we could get in to what happens in "the real world"... toppics would be true bypass vs buffered bypass... And we would probably arrieve at true bypass beeing the "gold-Standard"... we could get really funky or shall I say academic and look at what happens to the holy trinity of AC/DC (resistance, capacitance and inductance)... even in a correctly designed true bypass circuit ;-))) If that what you ment?!?

but as per Michael_dk: The Kemper allows us (among many other things) to do stuff that is (not easily, at least not with further equipment) done in the real world: ie having a mix control on an overdive, fuzz, boost- pedal traditionally used "in series".

Anyway I think it is save to say, that a sensible design would be to make the associated mixer as transparent sounding as possible, a discipline where digital mixers usually are very good at. So I can only guess that as of now, it's not working as intended ;)

BTW: I already heard back from the good people Kemper.... can you believe they actually answer emails on weekends???!!! I'm not even sure to applaud that or protest in favour of a well earned weekend ;-))) They did confirm difference in sound, but asked me to do some reamping... Trying to communicate the sense in that, since the behaviour has already been confirmed by them :headscratch:

I use "mix" to turn the green scream on when morphing...mix at 0 is off and 100 is on obviously, but I have to raise clean sense to +4 to compensate for the loss of gain when mix is 0...

If it really sounds the same (have not tried yet) with clean sense at 4 with mix at 0, the fix should hopefully be easy to impelement.

Thanx for the inputs so far! Yes I'm still on OS 4.2.2 Bummer to hear that the update won't fix that :( I'll open a ticket then..
    I previously used the stomps like in the real world, meaning mix at 100%, but I found some nice ways in post processing on a project I did recently, that I really liked which incorporated using just a touch of tubesreamer to a nice fendry type amp sound. Would LOVE to mimick that on the Kemper, but as of now it's close to unusable as it seems there is a significant level difference but also loss of presence...

nightlight: It seems the settings on the green scream don't matter (i.e. drive at 10 mix 0 sound the same as drive 1 at mix 0)

On your computer, replace the file's "kpabackup" extension with "zip". You'll then be able to open it and pull whatever you want from the various folders.
    Once you've sorted through the shared folders and removed what you don't want, you can re-import their (now-edited) contents via the usual means of Kemper USB importing. That is to say, making sure you copy this new content to the Shared folder at the root level of the USB stick.

Thanx Monkey_Man,

I will try this one of these days. At the moment I am relying too heavily on my Kemper for shows, and don't have the time for the much needed "house cleaning" ;) Going through all the stuff I don't need on the unit is something I truely loathe though, so your help in dealing with this mess is much apprecitaed!!

In the long run I totally agree with pamplemousse: This could be made much more straight forward and user friendly in RM... I don't like any tedious fiddeling, that does not produce a pleasing audible result when it comes to making music ;-)))

This might be a totally stupid question: Say I deleted an FX preset that is part of a rig I use, would that rig still be available or would I risk screwing up that rig?

Your help is much appreciated Lokasenna!!!

The good people @Kemper have made version 4 available to me already. I had rehearsal today with a new show coming up soon, so I needed to fix this quick ;)

Hope this gets straightened out soon, I really am looking forward to messing with those new delays ;-))