Posts by groovekanzler

Hi everyone,

just wanted to give you a heads up with the 5.0.3. Update. It srewed up one of my main rigs. Support is in the line, ticket opened. It seems that the problem involves Rigs that use the Metal DS Stomp. I'll try to upload example rig to rig-exchange (tiltle will be "Verdamp") for those of you who are interested.

The problem looks like this: For the first 2 seconds everything is fine, after that it sounds like a combination of feedback and bit crusher. I tried rebuilding the rig, but no joy...

I was unpleasently surprised, that I cannot go back to OS 4!!! :( In the legacy OS downloads section there is only OS 3.3 so be aware, or better: keep your own stock of old OS-es...

Cheers

couple of random thoughts about the topic:

- I sometimes wonder myself, if all those resources invested in the "mixing-side" of things were all that well spent. Sure, if you know something about mixing, production will get more focused. However, most of the amateur stuff I come by often lack on the "composing-side"... My personal music today would probably have been better, if I would have sourced out more of the "mixing-work". If I would in retrospect make a spreadsheet of just that money that went into all that studio-gear, it would have most probably also been cheaper ... and resources not just being money... time is a huge factor, and I find at least for me, that keeping the creative, inspiring side separate from the technical side helps my music a LOT. I think that the learning curve also benefits from seeing what pros do with YOUR music... quite hard to be good at everything yourself... I don’t know how good a mix engineer SRV was ;) And besides: most mix engineers I have met, also work with a client on site and that way you also learn a lot...

- less is more… in every aspect. Knowing a few tools well is better than a lot of them superficially... I only use 3 rigs on my Kemper, trying to follow my own paradigm ;) Also I find really impressive the sheer number of track count, "modern producers" are able to fit in the final stereo mix, with actually still hearing something meaningful, but I have to say... more and more as I get older: I personally don't enjoy that stuff all that much, albeit it being quite impressive. I feel that I can open up to the music a lot better, when the act of listenig is not made so hard by too much stuff going on. A lot of the stuff I take home from band rehearsal (Behringer XR18, onboard EQ, COMP, VERB on the vocals-> straight into DAW) actually sounds a lot better, and most importantly carries a lot more emotion, than the stuff that was done in countless hours by layering different tracks recorded a different times with different feelings...

I was glad the name was still available, and thanks for your welcome! ;)

I was thinking graphical UI especially for the parametric EQs. If others are like me, we have so gotten used to "reading" graphics and tweaking Q, freq, level by a single mouse gesture, that tweaking them on the kemper feels like hard work ;) My 2cents about graphic EQs, would be no need to change them, they are well... graphic enough ;) I can't see any way to make edeting, reading any more intuitive, other than not being confined to a relativly small display size if one wanted to faithfully represent the look and feel of the actual unit.

What I'm hoping for, down the road of further OS upgrades is that the concept of parallel paths (within the limits of the DSP) is expanded. Maybe then a more block/path oriented view for stomp/fx modules would make sense down the road. I would love to be able to ie manipulate just the output of a delay with further effects... but that again is a different story ;)

Virango, your're the man!

I really started tweaking my toaster a lot more since I have your toaster-tool and it is already paying off

If you are open for suggestions, I think tweaking some parameters,ie. EQs, would be easier in a seperate "DAW-type-(graphical)window". I am by no means a computer programmer, so I don't know if that would be a lot to programm, or if there are available "modules" that could translate the available "numbers" coming from the Kemper into a more intuitive format...

Thanx again!!!

great effort, thank you very much!!!!

did I miss display of REVERB MIX and TIME? (other than hovering over the corresponding knob with mouse?) Could it be made available in a single view in toaster?