Posts by silhouette

I play mostly in my studio and wonder if a remote would make the experience of using the Kemper better than it already is? I do not use the Kemper live. It is the straightforward rack version.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

I have to say that I don't personally find this to be the case. There are a lot of bright profiles and I tend to avoid them. However the Kemper is capable of being bright but the brightness is much sweeter than it's digital competition and is more natural as a result. One solution might be to dial the presence down which has made many profiles more useful to me. It should be remembered that the Kemper is only profiling the amp as it has been set up by the person profiling. I have found that modelled amps have a very different kind of top end and this doesn't often translate to the real amp in a real environment.

Time will tell. Only I will spend more time scrolling through profiles on the Kemper, which as a recording musician is rather more time consuming. However, there are quite a lot of changes to Rig Manager to absorb. It seems a shame that RM is not more interactive as modifying presets that were on you Kemper was the Kind of facility that I valued. I would love to be able to alter parameters in RM so that it becomes an editor as well as an archiver.

Thanks for the reply. I am originally loading from Rig Manager and saving to the Kemper as I have always done, but the behaviour has changed. It does work as you suggest but you used to be able to perform the replace function with profiles directly loaded into the Kemper from Rig Manager. I have 400 profiles loaded and it takes much longer scrolling through the Kemper menu than through Rig Manager. (I actually am loading from the profiles on board the Kemper using RM). A retrograde step I'd say.

The 2.3.14 Rig Manager has been installed. However a change in functionality means that if I pick a profile on my Kemper and modify it I no longer get the "Replace" function, only the save. I save then if I further modify I get the "Replace" function. If I change to another preset and come back "Replace" is no longer available. I suppose if I delete the earlier preset it is not a problem, however, still a little irritating. Is this new functionality or a problem that only I have? Cheers.

I'm sorry, but I have not found a profile that I have not ended up tweaking. The problem is that people are different. How people perceive the sound coming from their system is different. What one person wants is not necessarily what I want and I have no qualms performing surgery on profiles that are not quite where I want them.

I have loads of profiles, but not that many I would actually use and I think that I have yet to actually record with an unedited profile. I nearly always use the tone controls in the amp section and nearly always edit the amp section. Yes, I sometimes record with a low pass filter. Let your ears dictate what you want to do. There are no hard and fast rules if it sounds good.

aehaem. Thanks for the advice - that did the trick. I have to say I was a bit confused as there are quite a few changes. Great to see my Speaker Impulses now accessible. I originally did a direct update from Rig Manager. This time I downloaded from the Kemper site having backed up my content and uninstalled RM. The new version then synced with the Kemper which it had not done previously.

Thanks also to deej09 for going out of your way to give instructions.

After 7.0.9 Update I can no longer see My Profiler in Rig Manager. To complicate matter I have just updated my computer from Windows 8.1 to 10. The profiler correctly updated an I have updated Rig manager. I am not sure what has happened. I hope someone has an idea. I have changed the usb cable to no avail. Changed the USB slot etc.. Al my profiles and performances remain unchange on the Kemper.

Esbenmad do not worry too much about going mono as I do that all the time when recording. I record with a mono input channel into a stereo track in Cubase 10 to allow for stereo effects. I usually record with the SPDIF. However, the XLR left or right will really be good enough. I usually set the output to to Stack to cut out the post effects as I always use plugins for the effects. Not because the Kemper effects are not good enough, but because I can have more control in the mix, although I still monitor my playing with the Kemper effects enabled. That means a stereo guitar signal is not needed. You ID4 will be quite good enough to use to record with the Kemper.

Well I am not sure about the sarcasm.:rolleyes: But I haven't posted for over a year - that is true. I have been using the Kemper a lot. And it has to be said, loving it. To be honest I mostly record and use effects in Cubase.

The Kemper is great for getting the guitar sound I want, but it's difficult to record with efx, as you often need to alter the levels etc. to fit the track. Especially if you have a number of guitars in a project.However, I do want to be able to come a lot closer to what I am getting in Cubase so that I am playing to the efx.

Thanks for the heads up about OS7.