Posts by frama78

No... not really.

I do a few different jobs in different bands. Some are IEM-only, some are oldschool (Guitar-Cab) and some are Wedge-Jobs (local Orchestras etc) and different mixtures. Guitar Cabs and Monitors need some EQ-tweaking.

So, I hardwire my Outputs to a D-Type jackplate so I don´t need to take care of where to place the cables. Therefore it would be handy to have the settings fix stored internally. If that makes sense to you.

As I said: 1st world-problems and If that would be a deal breaker, I would have got rid of my KPA. But I just really love the sounds (and the support!!). In fact, I use Kempers since 2011-ish .:thumbup:

Maybe, I just have had too much spare time during the different lockdows (semi-lockdowns or whatever...)

good point, but that leads me to another question: I´d like to reduce the Bass of the Wedges. Depending on the location, they sound too boomy. There is no Send-Eq in the output section.

Anyway just to sum it up: there is no use at all for Send 2 besides to use it as FX-loop?

Hey guys,

is it possible to use Snd1 and Snd2 of the Stage to use as addidional stereo out? I don´t see another use of Snd2 besides the use as FX-Loop?

I run my main outs as main outs (who would have guessed it...?)

Monitor out (cab off) goes into a pair of (additional) 1x12 Cabs if needed (and if I want to get my leg blown)

Headphone is my IEM-route wit added Aux in from FOH

Send 1 gets used for a floor wedge (if needed)

So, it would be cool to get Send 2 to be used in stereo.

Next question: Is there a way to add an EQ to Monitor or Send out?

Sure; my problem is a very 1st world luxury problem but... well... ;)

Finally, I made the ultimate-definite-final Version (bahahaha) of my Stage-Board.

As much as I like the versitaile sound options and easy connectivity, I´ve found out, that this board is just too much for daily use. It´s large, heavy and bulky with the case.....

So, I´ve decided to build up a 2nd "flight-rig". Dead simple and still more than enough sound options. I´ll keep the big one anyways

Still need some minor wiring for the IEM system.

Was sprich gegen einen Stage? Da weiß ich nur nicht wie gut da das Spielen über Kopfhörer ist.[...]

Mich nervt die Marketing-Influencer-Hetze auch. Die wenigsten sind objektiv, klar... ich finde die sollen erstmal liefern und dann wird man sehen.

Kemper Stage über Kopfhörer klingt genau so wie ein Toaster; das kann ich aus erster Hand bestätigen. Ich gehe sogar noch weiter und sage, dass ein gut geprofiletes Rig im Vergleich zur Konkurenz einfach immer noch am echtesten klingt. Aber da kommts eben tatsächlich auf das Profil an.

Was die Influenza-Nutzer angeht bin ich inzwischen in einem Alter, in dem man doch mehr Hinterfragt und nicht mehr alles glaubt. Ich sage nur damals in den späten 90ern als der POD raus kam; oder die diversen Boss Simulationen. "klingt genau wie ein Tube-Amp" ...Heieiei....

Das "fiese" ist, dass die meisten dieser Werbe-touber*innen einfach fantastische Gitarristen sind, die sogar freihändig besser spielen als ... ich mit 4 Händen :)

Das zweite gemeine ist, dass man in diesen VS-Videos auch oft zu mehr oder wenige unschönen tricks greift. So kann man entweder einen Sound etwas "weniger gut" einstellen oder aber man macht einfach das zu pushende Signal ein paar dB lauter. Da fällt dann nicht mal auf, wieso das eine Gerät besser klingt als das andere..... Dazu noch ein guter Click-Bait-Name für das Video und die Cklick-Kohle ist gesichert.

Und jetzt zurück zur Werbung:

Ich hab durch Corona den Rappel bekommen und nach einem Backup meinen KPA komplett gefashed und alle Rigs und Presets gelöscht. Dann habe ich mit der Hand am Arm jedes einzelne Rig* durchgehört und nur noch diese aufgespielt, die wirklich gut sind. Das waren dann von ehemals +400 nur noch knapp unter 200.

Nach ein paar Tagen und mit frischen Ohren habe ich das ganze nochmal mit den aufgespielten Rigs gemacht: die RICHTIG guten als Favoriten markiert und dann alle Non-Favorites gelöscht. Jetzt habe ich noch sage und schreibe 75 Profile von denen jedes einzelne genau (!) meinem Geschmack entspricht. Die Bootzeit ist jetzt auch um Welten angenehmer!

Was ich sagen will: Was heute atemberaubend klingt, wird auch morgen noch so klingen.... wobei ... wie war das oben mit dem Pod :D?

Ne; im Ernst: Rein klanglich bin ich absolut zufrieden mit meinem KPA und sehe keinen Sinn in einem Systemwechsel. Die Livetauglichkeit beim Stage (oder Toaster/Rack mit der Remote) und die Routingmöglichkeiten wie PA-Monitorrückführung, Stereo, Mono, Separate Mixe, aber auch die Effektqualität; gerade Hall und Delays: alles top notch, wie man Neudeutsch sagt.

Das Einzige, was mich tatsächlich nervt, ist der Rig Manager bzw der Editor. Der funktioniert zwar manchmal, aber meistens nur sporadisch. Machmal verbuchselt er mir sogar komplette Performances, manchmal kann ich keine Rigs wechseln; einfach mal kurz ein Rig mit einem anderen Cab testen ist auch sehr umständdlich.... usw ... Mit dem Abspeichern von von editierten Rigs hatte ich auch schon Probleme. Ich nutze den RM so wenig wie möglich.

Das ist für mich der Krähenfuß beim KPA und das können die Mitbewerber leider doch besser.

*EDIT: jedes Rig meiner Sammlung! Nicht jedes, der ~17.000 verfügbaren Rig Manager-Rigs!

I went the same route! I absolutely loved my Toaster but I´m a lazy dog and got sick of the cabeling: Power to Kemper, connecting the Remote, connecting to the PA, wiring up my IEM, .... blabla ...

Now, I just throw my board to the floor and I´m set.

Since, I´ve had the space, I added some of my old unused goodies. They are not nescessary at all, but it´s a joy to toy around.

btw: I run the PA signal back to the FX-Return1 and mix it via Aux to the Monitor out. The FX-Loop2 feeds the external Loop and the Send1 can be set to fire up a 2x12 or a FRFR Monitor.

The possibilities of a Kemper are just f...reaking amazing!

I only decrease the Bass in the Outputsection because it was to much for me. But it depense on the situation/ room ... i think?

It´s actually a volume issue as on almost every Alto Speaker I´ve tried so far. The lower the volume, the more enhanced is the bass. Once, you get louder, it smoothens out. In my case: when I´m at live Levels, the Sound is well ballanced and thanks to KPAs seperate EQs, it´s perfect to set the Sound for the specific situations.

Well, you´ve got me thinking about it again and yes; I have one again but now, I have an issue with the EXP-Connections!

I´ve modded my broken Cry Baby: I´ve replaced the Pot with a log-taper and added a switch to the toe position.

On EXP1, I´ve programmed #CC1 (Wah to volume) - This works flawless!

On EXP2, I´ve programmed #CC17 (Stomp A) where I´ve placed the wah.

Funny thing is: Turning CC17 on works fine! Activates my wah and can be controlled by the pedal. Pressing EXP2/CC17 again, nothing happens. Wah stays activated.

In the Display of the Midi Commander, the status bar changes fron on to off, but it won´t transmit to the Kemper....

Any thoughts?!

EDIT: I´ve updated that thäng and now, it works flawless!!! woohoooo:!:

Sorry, I returned my Midi Comander. In a live Situation, the buttons are too Close to each other and when I added one of the IA-functions, they reacted not 100% reliable. So, I had to push them harder and I got Trouble to get the right one and not switching the ones beside it....

Also, my Kemper feezed once ehen I connected MC to KPA.

I returned to my trusty old Midi Mate. Even If this is not 100% perfect, too.

User-Error here. Works like charm, now!!!

I used Ground Control Pro for a while, but it was too bulky. I even didn´t like to have only 4 of the 5 perfomance slots and 8 IA switches are fun, but too complicated for live use. Then I had my trusty, +20 year old Midi Mate. Really liked it, but it had not that "taktile" response on the footswitches. 5 Presets and 5 IA-switches are great, but only one Exp-connection.

The Midi Commander is perfect for me. 5 Performance slots, 3 IA switches (in my case Slot 2, Slot 3 and Dly on/off) 2x EXPs. Exp 1= Volume(to wah) Exp 2= Slot D on/off

For me, it´s an almost perfect combination in size, weight and switching routine. Price is hard to beat, too.

Maybe, some day, I´ll try Remote but I´m actually quite happy :thumbup:

I don´t care for bi-directional usage, so I´ve got me one. Pretty incredible for a small and handy setup .

The only thing, I have trouble with: I can´t manage to run the switch-out of my EP1-KP on the EXP-plugs. Knows anyone I it´s generally not possible or did I miss something? Exp-functions are fine.

Mit Hilfe von Voodoo-Lab habe ich das Problem beheben können. War ein falscher Schalter und eine verdrehte Verkabelung des Potis! Jetzt läufts (fast) perfekt. Einzig die Steuerkurve ist ein bisschen hart. Vielleicht suche ich mittelfristig nach einem Linearen Poti;

Mit dem Kemper ist jedenfalls alles tippitoppi :)

Ich hab ein komisches Problem mit meinem Midi-Setup:

Ich hab an meiner Fußleiste (Ground Control Pro) ein Expression-Pedal mit Schalter angeschlossen (Umgebautes Cry Baby mit separatem Schalter für zusätzliche Funktion ála Mission-Pedalen). Bisher funktionierte das, aber seit gestern habe ich ein komisches Phänomen:

Der Schalter in der Toe-Position ist auf "Slot D" on/off programmiert, das Pedal selbst auf CC1 (Wah to Volume ist aktiv/ bei CC7 reagiert es gleich). In der Heel-Position springt der Tuner an. Bisher alles perfekt. Aktiviere ich jetzt den Schalter (also Toe-Position "übertreten" wird Slot D aktiv, aber es springt auch gleichzeitig der Tuner an => Signal mute.

Das komsiche ist: Wenn ich den Schalter über die Midileiste komplett deaktiviere und auch noch das Kabel, das zum Schalter geht abziehe, wird durch Drücken des Schalters ebenfalls der Tuner aktiv.

Ich habe vor Kurzem mal Morphing auf den Schalter gelegt und ich befürchte, da habe ich mir was verbogen. Ich habe die Leiste Mehrfach komplett ge-resettet und auch die Midi- und Systemsettings des KPA zurück gestellt. Keine Veränderung.

Allerdings müssten die Settings bei Reset doch wieder weg sein?
    Oder werden die Einstellungen im Rig gespeichert?
    Wie kann man Morphing-Einstellungen eigentlich löschen/zurücksetzen?
    Kann ich Morph auch komplett deaktivieren?

I never found a convincing Marshall-Modell. No matter, If I tried Line6, Fractal, Zoom, Boss....even free KPA-Rigs. There was just never ever this "Marshall-emphasis" in the Mids that connect me to my JMP2204. The I got the JCM and the JMP-Pack of MBritt and instantly, there it was ...

Invested in another Britt-Pack and deleted any of the other Rigs. There´s just no need for me. I´m very happy and totally GAS-free, now :)