Posts by cactusprick

I have finally received the white head... It costed my arm and half of kidneys to bring in the country but is worth every penny.

I actually like it better than black . It's a thing of beauty and looks more classy, just looking at it brings a smile on my face. Black only looks little more modern.

And as soon as I plugged in................

Oh.. My.... God...........

How could my hearing had been clouded so much to even consider others.

All the things that I have missed for the last 6 months or so (struggling with Fractal) came back instantly. The crispness & bloom of individual note that you get a real tube amp - I could swear I am sitting next to a real one.

Previously I wasn't so fond of Mbritt stuff but WOW last night.... I was in tone heaven just browsing through his profiles that came as stock. Just unbelievable. OTOH, one of my favourite is Guido (I have had nearly bought all of his stuff), and it sounded little brittle than I remember.

Tone Junkie is just ace as ever. Just top notch stuff from them.

Not having experienced Axe FX III, but I have used and tried my best to like Axe FX II with new ARES firmware and it does not touch Kemper in the slightest. I do appreciate it is a preference thing but man.. the difference in the sound and fidelity in amps really came as a shock to me.

Cannot wait to get off the work and return to tone heaven tonight. :):):):love::love::love:

A real thanks to everyone for the warm & wise words.

Suppose my first post wasn't clear... I have not placed an order yet (I'm only a single click away)! that's why I was hesitating.

Would be making up a mind this weekend for sure.

Have a lovely day and weekend!

When I was in my early teens I was tone chasing forever I had combos, rack gear, heads and cabs etc but I always wanted someone else’s tone.

what I decided on when I was in my late teens that a lot of the tone is in the players fingers not what gear they have. Obviously good gear will help but it’s not the be all. You have to be happy with what you purchase. I brought my first Kemper 7 years ago and fell in love near enough straight away. It took me about a month before I was really convinced and happy with it, but now I couldn’t live without it. I use 3 in the studio and 1 live and I still don’t see anything on the market to replace my Kemper obsession.

Thank you for the great tip, I wholeheartedly agree with your comments.

I have had it all.

I have tried it all.

Everything I could reach within my grasp and ability.

Bought and sold Kemper twice, not because I was unhappy but I have always felt that I am not worthy to own such a premium gear for my poor musicianship (if i can call it that).

Straight after selling a second Kemper which I adored (earlier this year) I went on a shopping spree buying Headrush and second hand Axe FX II (which is the second-time unit as well).

Today I am ABSOLUTELY convinced that Fractal is not for me. I am no heavy effects user and its Amp models just doesn't do for me. So it was sold back. (again) .

I am somewhat happy with Headrush (it probably satisfies 85% of my needs) BUT I know I would be much happier with Kemper.

So I have gotten as far as placing an order for the third unit (still deciding between head or rack), but this time I have the hesitation. Although I know I am at the end of searching, I do not want to spend another few grand and repeat the cycle above. I now have a wife and kid, fortunately my wife supports what I do but it is no longer easy as what used to be.

I know I have issues ||

Anybody have had a similar experience or gone through the dilemma that I am having? I am not writing this up asking for someone's approval, I do know this is my decision.

Who has finally broken out of buying/selling habit and settled on this brilliant machine, and finally felt good? I just want it to end.

Thank you so much for reading, hope you all have a nice day.

If you need an absolute assurance that Kemper is actually the ultimate investment for the best amp tone and feel, grab an AXE FX to compare. :D

If you need plethora of effects and and crazy 4x12 fully customisable grid (judging by your post I don't think it's quite the case), grab an AXE FX.

Otherwise if you are like me, just too curious to try different things and easily GAS'd, please save your money and invest on something else.

Welcome! and make sure nobody from the Fractal sees your post - you will be hunted and killed LOL ;)

I have only been eyeing in this forum for years without posting much but this is a very nice community.

I have owned AXE FX II for about 3 years before switching to Kemper and have had zero regrets since.

Only thing I miss is the USB recording and the Editor (yes I have to mention it!)

Very nice set up you have there.

Sorry, I've no more than "be patient" for you mate :(

In saying that I've ended up selling the first Kemper (i know, i know, what was i thinking) and bought another toaster last year.

I suggest you monitor your shipping status all the time, mine ended up delivered at the door (to my work place) and was sitting there for at least a half an hour unattended..

Think I will consider better shipping options next time when I get kemper remote.

Yes actually at both ends - DHL Germany is hopeless to get any info out of.. :thumbdown:
    Local NZ post here won't be able to help until it actually touches down. They advised me to contact Kemper. Then Kemper tells me not to worry LOL

So there is nothing you can really do in-between but wait.

Thanks tho for trying to help out mate..

I have an entirely different experience regarding delivery. Yes, it took about one week, to get my order acknowledged by Kemper (I had some chat with the sales staff). But when the order was actually sent, it took even less time for the delivery.…

Kemper came back to me with an OA pretty much next day, and the unit was in stock. So yeah I didn't expect this much delay at the end.
    More than the delay itself, I just wanna know where the heck it is. Makes me super nervous. :(

Hello all, my first post here. I'm from New Zealand.

Long time viewer in the forum but finally ditched my axe fx 2 (nothing wrong with that excellent product, I just not bonded with it well) have ordered a black toaster about a month ago.

It wasn't an easy decision to part with AF2 as I'm just an average joe trying to make a living and had to sell it off to make up the fund to get Kemper.

I think I have been trying to be patient and do appreciate some things take time and all, but so far I haven't been quite pleased with the experiences so far.

Kemper Store in my opinion is actually worse than any online stores I've dealt with. The website (the store in particular) is slow and buggy, I've managed to order the product but the website barred from me joining the forum (saying they have sent the activation code which I've never received, and the Kemper Staff initially told me they've never received anything from me, he was wrong) which I've ended up talking to one of the staffs to correct this issue so here I am.

The world we live in today, you order a product (regardless the price tag), you get a full tracking & update on the shipping until it arrive at your door. I've had a full tracking of getting a laptop battery which showed what country it was at, and where it got scanned lastly.

Probably it was my fault in the first place to accept this 'DHL' free shipping. Pardon my ignorance but in my book the name DHL tells me (usually) good and fast service.

It turns out that Kemper uses a very slow parcel package (which the name DHL goes for as a standard German postal service) which is not trackable at all once it leaves Germany. It also took 10 days to leave Germany alone.

Staffs have been reasonably helpful considering the time difference although few occasions I had to send few more emails to get a single response.

The point of all my blabbering here is if there are any prospective buyers around the world (especially if you live far from Germany), DO NOT use the free shipping. It is extremely slow service and will leave you in the dark for weeks and weeks just hoping it will someday arrive in your hands safely. You will NOT be able to track once it leave Germany, and the staff will just tell you it's in the hands of the contractors so there isn't a thing they can do.
    Take all the time and do your homework to clarify with the staff what exact shipping service you are getting, before proceeding with the purchase.

Otherwise you spend thousands Euros and will be left in a complete dark, just hoping it will turn up someday for many weeks. Kemper Store will just say the order status as 'complete' as the goods is sent off, and will probably do nothing. It's completely not worth going to that path.

Sorry if my post is seen as impatient one here, but all I was after was just the ability to see where exactly the package was, and what the ETA is from the point and on.

Hopely my next post will be in the 'registered' forum once I finally receive the unit.

Happy playing folks.