Posts by Jack_Andersson

If I were to use combos for the Return could have have both plugged into the Kemper and depending on which I use the kemper would know that one was plugged in? (make sense? Since I would have XLR and 1/4" plugged in but not both at the same time for the patch pannel).

You could totally do that, since it seems like the combo sockets indeed have different signal pins for XLR and TRS.
    Yet for me it would not have been an option because those sockets are not available in D-norm size and only in plastic enclosures. I like mine to be metal of course.

What do you have plugged into your kemper for the patch bay? I want to get my stuff ordered this week. Trying to decide if I should do the direct input and do like a combo XLR/TS so I can have either on the back and what not. Just curious to see what I need.

From left to right I have routed the following from my KPA to the patch bay:

S/PDIF out -- S/PDIF in -- Return Input XLR -- Main Out left XLR -- Main Out right XLR -- Direct Out TRS -- Monitor Out TRS -- Powered Monitor Out TRS -- USB -- RJ45 -- Power In via PowerCon True1

As you can see, I have not routed every single socket to the patch panel. These are the things I mainly need live/in studio.
    And I have not chosen XLR/TRS combos, because I don't think I need it. Any time I can use XLR, I most likely will ;)

I'm not sure about other rigs, I only have my own on my KPA.

I only discovered this because I had contact to the support because of another problem and regarding the blacked out volume this was the reply:

"Amp and Cab are sharing the same volume parameter. Originally this was only available in Cabinet Module, but we are in the process to transfer it Amplifier Module, as otherwise it would not be available in Direct Amp Profiles."

No problem! We all want to get the best out of it.

Scenario A: Absolutely correct. No new presets will be saved, just the tweaked parameters are saved for each rig individually.

Scenario B: Is correct as well. No new presets will be saved, just the tweaked parameters are saved for each rig individually.
    However, here you need to be a bit careful so that that no change is dicarded and you save what you want.
    If you only want to save the performance once after all Slots are tweaked you need to switch the slots with the buttons on the Kemper. This way you can go back and forth between slots. If you use the Remote the Kemper will load the saved slot and you LOSE your tweakening.
    If you are unsure then just tweak a slot, save the performance and move on to the next.

No, this doesn't work.
    When you lock a Stomp/Effect you lock everything: ON/Off State, Button Assignment and every Parameter.

If you would now take a locked piece, unlock it, change its parameters and lock it again (it doesn't even need to be unlocked) the new parameters will be locked and stay the same in each recalled rig. That's the point of locking them down. ;)

If you need the same effects with different parameters, you have to set and save them for each rig.
    For this purpose you can of course lock all effects and choose your rig. Now you adjust every parameter to your liking and save this rig. Continue until all your rigs include the desired effects and parameters and the unlock everything again.

When you lock Stomps/Effects the current state is locked.

That means: If the Stomp/Effect is on and you switch the rig it remains on. Is it off, it remains off.
    If you assign a button this button is locked as well, so that this button will turn on/off or switch the same locked Stomps/Effects on every recalled rig.

Oh, and be aware, that if you'd save a rig with any Stomp/Effect locked this locked state wil become part of the rig. That means it's saved within and will remain even if you unlock this again.

You can reset to factory state by pushing soft button 1 (top left above display) before turning it on, keep it pushed and turn the KPA on. During the start still keep the button pushed.
    You now enter System/Booting Maintenance. There you can Init the Flash either with factory content or completely empty.

[potentially malicious link removed]

No, soldered it myself. Yet, because I only needed short cables, I ordered patch cables, cut them in half and so I didn't have to solder the plugs only the sockets.

I ordered everything at the big T, if you know what I mean. ;)
    And the panel has 16 slots, not the usual 12. As you can see this is necessary, because of the way I installed the power conditioner :)

Hello Together and Best Wishes for the new year.
    I guess we were all a bit flashed and jealous of GBH14's set-up Very nice indeed.

But here I present you my current rig. (more or less detail footage)
    Currently consisting of the KPA Power Rack, Furman AC-210 and I/O-Panel. All mounted in a custom 5U Rackcase with just 30cm depth between the rack rails. Controlled with the KPA Remote.
    In the future there will also be a wireless system (Line6 G90) and probably a TC G-Major 2.

Hello,

maybe it was unpacked in the store for testing purposes. And for testing you need to pass initial prompts.
    You can look on the first page of "System". There is the tab "Edit Owner". I suppose if they were only testing it, the Name is something like "Me (xxxxxxx)" x indicating numbers.

However, you can always set the unit back to factory defaults.

The mentioned rigs are part of the over 300 factory rigs.

I have checked 3 arbitrary profiles where I locked the cabinet and set the gain to the same value. They still sounded fairy different. The software seems to work as expected.

However, I have experienced a number of times, that amps of different brands sounds about identical, when you run it by the same cabinet.
    This is not related to profiling.
    In an early profiling session we took profiles from (among others) a Mesa and a Soldano (as far as I remember), using the same physical speaker cabinet.
    Both amps sounded absolutely the same, using the settings we have dialed.

skoczy: Ticket-No. is ##KA00107209. Dunno of which use this would be to you, but oh well. ;)

ckemper: I filed the ticket with the request to check the behaviour of different rigs while browsing with the CAB locked as follows:
    - Recall Rig X and remember the gain setting (lets say 7.0)
    - Recall Rig Y and lock the CAB there (It should sound as intended of course)
    - Still in Rig Y dial in the remembered gain (here 7.0)
    - Now with the locked CAB of Rig Y browse back to Rig X --> it should sound as Rig Y with the same gain setting
    (EQ and Amp Settings like BIAS or Compression will as well be taken from the new Rig - here Rig X - just the Amp Profile itself appears to be locked)

According to the support team the queried behaviour could be reproduced and was reported to the development team.

(In my test it all were DI profiles of the same amp and I checked the sounds with locked CAB by browsing between high-gain and clean)

Yeah, that's weird. I played around after resetting and initializing, and of course nothing changed.

I guess it's software bug.
    If the cab is locked and you change the rig, the previous amp is also locked. However, the amp name is displayed as the new one and even settings like gain and EQ are taken from the new one.