Posts by Havohej

Greetings,
    I can't seem to recreate this issue successfully, but my Kemper has crashed quite a few times while dragdrop'ing folders of profiles. (Mainly soundside, since they come in two seperate folders)
    Halfway through the sync the screen just says Kemper Profiler and while the unit still produces sound I am unable to make any adjustments.

Rebooting the Kemper solves the issue ofcourse.

Edit: I will also mention that during the sync I am not touching any knobs or anything. The crash just happens by itself.

I know what's going to happen when they finally put spring reverb in the Kemper,
    Everyone's going to complain "it doesn't sound like the one in MY amp"
    I've owned a lot of amps in my time, and no 2 models have the same reverb.
    Most fender models don't have a similar sounding verb.
    All depends on the tank and the cirquit layout.
    Whatever one Kemper choose to model will inevitably be "the wrong one"

Hahah, way to dash everyones hopes :D

Greetings,
    We have Aux in > Main/Headphone out in the output section but no similar feature for SPDIF in.

Can we please get an option to somehow do that ?
    Or atleast to Clone SPDif in into Aux in.

Agreed that it would be much much easier to just change cabs on the Kemper. You can even lock one particular cab you like so you can try different profiles with it.
    Though I have a feeling you will be doing way less tweaking and way more playing when you eventually get your Kemper ;)

I did some further testing today and for me keeping the fx loop setting as default with the kemper cab on (and mustang cab off from page2) works way better than setting it to looper mode and having the kemper cab off. That just seems to kill the tone for me.The cleans especially seem to lose their shimmer and something funky goes on in the mids.

Maybe other people will have a different experience but I suggest you guys try it this way and see :)
    Cheers

Have to agree the modern pack is killer. I wish the Supros were done a bit better though. Maybe the combo itself has to be mic'd to let their unique tone shine. Andy from PGS has a nice demo of the Supro dual tone (new models) and he manages to get all the right tones out of it. Here is the vid for your reference if you don't mind Michael :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It could be that time-based projections are difficult and that to say they're "working on it" is the most sensible approach.

Totally agree with you there. Giving a time and date would only add mounting pressure on development and might set up the community for a dissappointment.
    However, I think it would be nice for the community to have some sort of "roadmap" on whats coming, even if they have to be a bit discreet about it.

I'm frankly amazed that you said that the KPA's FX "sound like a toy". I'm at a loss for words when it comes to responding to the claim.

Ditto. The Kemper fx sound great when dialed in properly especially the univibe and tremolo which I see some ppl complaining about.
    This company created the Access Virus, one of the best Synths on the market (when it came out atleast. I dont follow that scene much anymore), so this ain't their first rodeo and I have a hard time seeing how they would program mediocre fx into the unit. I agree tho that some FX can have a bit more options/flexibility etc..

As for spring reverb @ckemper has stated a while back that Spring Reverb was 2nd on the list of "big things", and that was before Pure Cab.
    I would assume it is 1st on the list now and hence possibly coming in the next big firmware update.

Would be awesome if someone from the dev team atleast confirms that fact.. I don't see why you are still keeping people guessing when a simple heads up would reassure a lot of people.

Well shit, I keep going in circles.
    Sometimes I compare the kemper and scarlett the different isn't that big, but with other profiles, they sound very different. In every case, the Kemper output sounds better, especially with clean sounds, which are sounding very bland and 1-dimensional from the scarlett output, which is driving me crazy. I play on the scarlett and feel the tone is -okay- then I plug into my Kemper and it sounds amazing.

I'm not sure what to think now. I think I will just take my scarlett to the shop and do a comparison there, and if the one at the shop also doesn't sound as good as my Kemper I think I will just return the interface.
    While the interface isn't exactly what you'd call expensive, its still more or less top of the line from focusrite's current usb range, and if it can't drive headphones that well I don't really have much use for it.

No need to be so modest Sam the talent is quite obviously there :D Bravo !

I guess these tracks convinced quite a few people to buy these packs, and rightfully so, these profiles are awesome !

Thanks again Andy !

Thank you for all that contributed.

After much research and tests I guess I will just have to accept the fact that my Kemper which costs 6x the amount of the scarlett 18i8 is bound to have better a better headphone amp in it.
    I guess this is testament to just how good the quality of the parts are in the Kemper.

While the scarlett doesn't sound bad by any means, I am a bit disappointed that it doesn't sound as good as the kemper, but I guess this is what $300 gets you when your interface has 4 quality mic preamps in it.
    It might also be that from a technical viewpoint the frequency response might be a bit flatter on the scarlett, which coupled with my HD595 sennheisers (notorious for low bass), is producing a sound that is a bit weak in the sub bass department which makes it sound less appealing when monitored solo. I guess in the mix this will matter less.

If anyone disagrees with me on this and thinks that their scarlett headphone output sounds just as good as their Kemper please DO tell.

Thanks again !