Posts by edgehill

Hi, bought the final pack, just because the I liked the TAF/Kemper factory content and the few singles I bought so much.
    Alas, my week-old kemper died on me and is on transit back to the seller.
    When I get a replacement, I'm pretty sure I'll be blown away.

/edgehill

Welcome, if you like the WEM do yourself a favor and download the free vintage pack from oraakelli :

<a href="http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/11900-Old-and-Forgotten-amp-profiles/?pageNo=1">Old and Forgotten amp profiles</a>

Thanks, I will.

Bad news I'm afraid. The toaster's screen died on me just a moment ago.
    The same problem (see first post) of the screen staying blank recurred but this time it woke up on its own after about 10-15mins.
    Fast forward 3 hours and I see only a black horizontal line on the screen. Nothing brings it back, it's gone. Bummer.

I was fun for a while, hopefully I get the unit exchanged asap so the fun can continue.

/edgehill

I have had the Kemper for a few days now. Bought new.

FWIW, I experienced occasional crackling when changing rigs (Browse mode, browsing using RM with up/down arrows).
    It happens once, them does not happen for a few hours, then happens again etc.
    Last time the rigs were TAF Twinolux rigs that have no fx, only amp and reverb

Sounds similar to the above post. On clean sounds its like crackling with a delay effect on.

/edgehill

Thank you for the warm welcome!

These are my impressions so far:
    This piece of gear is absolutely inspiring. Money well spent, I think!
    The factory content has some really nice stuff in there, IMHO.
    Some surprises also...for example the GT75 rigs. To me, fantastic.

I don't know how to describe it but playing and sounds etc. feel very "connected" and easy.
    But I wonder (in a positive way) what's going on in this box.
    The clean sustain (on some profiles, no comp) is out of this world, equally the cleans sound so beautiful as if there was some kind of non-detectable enhancing going on.
    And how come I'm so in tune all the time?
    Maybe this is just the honeymoon effect, I hope it lasts.

Got the free rigs from MBritt, TopJimi and TAF. Top stuff all around.
    Another cool surprise there - that Wem Clean rig from TAF And44 Classic set...absolutely love it.
    Also bought a couple singles from TAF. Really like the Goldfinger.

It seems I'm not running out of usable sounds any time soon :)
    For now, this will stay at my home studio but after I get acquainted with it it'll probably become my live rig also.

FWIW, I experienced occasional crackling when changing rigs (Browse mode, browsing using RM with up/down arrows).
    It happens once, them does not happen for a few hours, then happens again etc.
    Last time the rigs were TAF Twinolux rigs that have no fx, only amp and reverb
    I see that there is a thread going on about this, I hope it gets fixed.

/edgehill

Hi everyone, happy to join the Kemper Owner's Club.
    Received a toaster and remote just a couple of days ago.

Playing (or musicin any form for that matter) is not a profession for me.
    I just generally enjoy music and like to have fun with guitar whenever work (IT, banking and insurance) and family life (3 kids) permits.
    I do play in a couple of bands though, and we even play out every now and then.
    Skill level...hmm..depending on the circumstances maybe from none (reality) to intermediate (hallucinatory).

Receiving the unit was a "rollertoaster experience".
    First, the excitement of unpacking and plugging in.
    Second, the disappoitment when it would not start!. The screen remained just a greenish white blank.
    After a few reboots I had to leave for band practice so I just powered off and sent a message to support.
    Third, back home from practice and happy to find a prompt reply from Kemper support with instructions
    Fourth, really really happy that the suggested procedure brought the unit to life
    Fifth, this thing sounds awesome. After a couple of days I've only browsed a very limited number of rigs because many of them are so fun to play

Maybe it is ok to post a music sample? Here goes, this is something that I did some time ago (and of all things featuring a POD XT):
    https://soundcloud.com/ora_aro/blue-serenade

Anyway, very happy with the unit as of now. So much to explore!

Best Regards,
    Edgehill