Posts by mboehm88

+1
    Go there with no prejudices, you'll enjoy your experience!

Are you accustomed to hearing your mic'ed amp? Or are you more the "want my 4x12 flap my pants" kind of guy? If the latter, trying an active one with a guitar cab might reveal to be the most…

Yes, I'm accustomed to hearing my amp mic'd. I have a Torpedo Live with a tube amp right now and definitely enjoy that sound so if the Kemper can match up to that level of quality then I'd be sold.

There is a shop called MusicESP in south SF that I understand sells Kempers. I have never been there though, so I would call them before I visited. Also, there are a number of SF residents on this site, if none of them offer, you are welcome to try mine…

Thank you!! I will have to give them a call to see if they have a kemper I can try. I know the presets aren't the greatest but hopefully they've loaded some of the good ones from online so people get a real sense of what the Kemper is capable of. If it's convincing enough for me, I am totally on board with purchasing one.

Hey all,

I've been a very long time user of tube amps and have swapped out so many I couldn't even tell you at this point. Because of all the swapping, and the fact that I'm not in a band and live in a small apartment in SF, I think it makes more logical sense to own something like a Kemper. Like most folks that made the switch, I'm skeptical. I know it gets great ratings and the recordings I hear sound good on YouTube but I REALLY want to try one before I buy it. Did anyone here do that via Guitar Center or another retail store or do I pretty much have to buy blind? Thanks!