Posts by pamplemousse

note: double topic as I initially misposted it under the remote section

hi all,

I have 125 stomps loaded in my KPA, all from factory content. I have seen in another thread (on the French part of the forum) that I am missing some, especially the PPTC 12 string which I am willing to use with my acoustic guitar. it looks like there are 175 factory stomps in total.

one solution I read to get back all stomps is to reload all factory content, which does not satisfy me since I do not want to see all factory rigs back in the toaster and then spending time in deleting those I do not want (most of them) to get back to my already-too-long list of profiles.

could you please let me know what could be the other options to retrieve the missing effects, if any? aren't the stomp files available for download somewhere in order to import them from the usb key shared file?

cheers

yeah that's what I meant, regarless of whether we call it DI or DA. If you are making direct and merged profiles, you are able to separate the amp and the cab. so in the end you are able to make a cab profile (or many, depeding on mics prosition etc.) that you can then load into the KPA and use it with any other profile. And as you stack looks great, I am asking for some :)

If bias wants to reach the top-high market where the KPA is, they will need to offer great products at a better price, and KPA will keep on innovating to strengthen its leadership. competition is good for customers, and we are the customers.

this has no reason to be in the remote section forum. I had too many open pages at the same time.
    mods, can you please move the thread?
    thanks much and sorry for being a pain

edit: mods, please delete. I'll post this in the correct section

hi all,

I have 125 stomps loaded in my KPA, all from factory content. I have seen in another thread (on the French part of the forum) that I am missing some, especially the PPTC 12 string which I am willing to use with my acoustic guitar. it looks like there are 175 factory stomps in total.

one solution I read to get back all stomps is to reload all factory content, which does not satisfy me since I do not want to see all factory rigs back in the toaster and then spending time in deleting those I do not want (most of them) to get back to my already-too-long list of profiles.

could you please let me know what could be the other options to retrieve the missing effects, if any? aren't the stomp files available for download somewhere in order to import them from the usb key shared file?

cheers

I separated them out. Theres dedicated dirty shirley folders for those sessions

I am using the link from you excel file and the link on #27 brings me to a page where only the BE100 profiles stand. so I guess I am missing the link to the DS page. any help is welcome

thanks so much. I tried the DA BE100 profiles from #27 yesterday, first real time on DI profiles. sounded great ! in the end this is the community which makes the greatest value of the KPA and your contribution is priceless.

mission engineering gemini 2 can also be switched from full range to guitar range, but only on the active version. you'll need much $$$ for it

however, guitar range does not mean you will get the "amp in the room" feel. that's a shortcut you don't want to make

my personnal assuption if you want amp feel with FRFR is that you need no less than a 10' speaker on your FRFR in order to move air and you will also need some time to tweak and EQ your profiles. there are great FRFR speakers out there, atomic, matrix, mission engineering, xitone. you can't go wrong with any of these. I am myself in the middle of the process of buying one of these and am waiting to see the matrix FR12 which comes at a great price vs. specs.

Well, I am just glad a new user like yourself found this incredible body of work by Mr. Tim Owens. Get ready to spend a whole shit-load of time playing through hundreds of fantastic BE100 profiles, spanning the different "sessions". This was an EPIC endeavor by Tim, and such a lovely gift, freely given to the Kemper community.

oh man I am a new user and starting my journey here... the mountain looks very high
    I tried to get the best rated (through threads) sessions and that's already many many profiles, well too many.
    I believe the Dirty Shirley is missing in the session #27, I only see "H27D BE..." or "H27D HBE..." files, no "H27D DS..."

anyways, thanks much much

thru headphones, I like to have it at 10 and max headphone space.
    kinda tiring if I play too long so I may turn them down a bit

note: headphone space is always on on my KPA, can't turn it off. If turned off the sound is exactly the same than on and space remains adjustable with the soft button, I may need to report that

yeah, I'd better have thought twice about it before I wrote that :huh:
    Anyways, I agree with you since you always need to tweak a little profiles in order to optimize your sound (guitar, room, etc.). However, I surprisingly tweak much less that I would expect. Note that I only run untweaked profiles and did not purchase any so far. All tweaked profiles I have played sounded too hifi. The rawer the better IMHO.

I had 2 klotz cables in my life and both broke the same way. The extreme end of the jack broke. the first one broke into my KPA monitor output on the first day I owned the KPA and the second broke into my Les Paul. Both times it has been an epic adventure to take it out without damages. I guess I'm done with klotz.