Posts by ashtweth

Man who is this guy, he is pretty good. (check his channel for more)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ash

Having good neighbors is important, I had to get rid of mine and now I cant use my basement. I would profile at a practice room if you had too because of the one thing which stood out to me with the kemper over a tube amp. At BEDROOM VOLUME it is amazing.

i am sure all the professional profilers who's rig i have, profiled at a louder than bedroom volume when they made the rigs.

I run 2 stereo cabs, the bedroom volume of these rigs sounds so much better than a tube amp turned down (if that makes sense?)

All this means that if you have to profile at a practice room to get your rigs so be it , its worth it.

That reminds me to feed the neighbors.

Ash

Well shit. I always knew that the cleans on this amp were going to be some thing special as its a periphery amp. And they are, Lars / Frank have done some good clean rigs with the distortion in a stomp so you can get a good crunch sound too. The lead high gain rigs are great in this pack, really not the same as the 6505 /5150 for me but its more modern and gainy as F. But its got clarity.

I was thinking yeah this pack is "okay" until i stumbled onto DLS invective mesa 08

(using loomis 7 with black outs)

F me, what a great sound, modern but really gainy top end.

I put sinmix savageSE s12 on kemper one

put DLS invective mesa 08 on kemper 2.

Absolutely blew me away, got a beer and thought i was Jeff Loomis playing the river dragon.

some of these rigs are very "alternative " metal for me (saying its a good thing)

Guys there are more than a few usable rigs in this pack and many flavors.

DLS invective mesa 08 is going in my performance.

So cheap for 10 euro WTF

Cheers to Frank and Lars.

Ash

Some of the best cleans Frank, always great variety and interesting . Really appreciate these man.

I now call my axe a Chibson too :D.

Forgive me Frank, i am glad you dont hear me giggle like a girl when you say room "MIC" (microphone):)

I love the accent, i love this channel and i love this mans work

Ash

What about this pick? :D

TRY playing this (no don't)

NO PICK!! WTF man

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ash

I just want to say i am thoroughly impressed with the new rigs and profiling method.

The use of the Min TS/fortin and 4X12 on the lead rigs are certainly unique.

I used very hot black outs (loomis) and the 51666 T TSGRIND R 2CABS

was one of the best lead rigs i have tested, was dynamic but did not afford the "noise' i hate with these PU's.

Guys there are some special lead rigs in this pack.

Goto 51666 T TSGRIND R 2CABS

And tell me i am BSing....

Well done guys, very happy with this

Ash

If your going to spend money on the kemper , you have to spend equally as good money on a cab IMHO, why buy a high end guitar and run shitty cables? I would of thought that with 1500 watts of FRFR power that you would get close at least. sorry to hear that.

The only time i ever shut up the 4X12 amp in the room guys was when i got one of my kempers and ran it into my mission Gemini 2, this time tho i plugged in my second 2X12 mission Gemini cab so the master/ slave configuration was active.

So my 2X12 mission stereo cab became a 4x12 STEREO cab.

I nearly blew my balls off. I had the Mesa rigs, krank and when i loaded one of the STL profiles i seriously thought shit man its just too massive.

We were drinking beer and a friend made one of those "funny" comments that stuck in my mind.

He said, if you want that amount of air to be moved and a big sound like a 4X12 THEN YOU HAVE TO RUN A DAM 4X12.

So obvious but was funny, because the whole time i had been chasing the same thing, (amp in the room etc).

I did try and mess with the cab parameters to make it more flat and amp in the room (gemini 2 has this ability)

Tone junkie did a good video on this BTW.

But a stereo 4X12 coming out of the kemper can hold its own.

Just saying.Try it you will see.

Ash

Tim (live ready) made some good AXE effect presets also, i did not mind the FX's but i can get just as good atmospheres on my kemper (just saying). AJ you cant come to Aust with out visiting at least Monkey or me, in fact, if you visit one of us you have to visit the other lol.

okay my 2 cents, YOU DONT NEED IT.

IMHO all as you need is the doublers (mimiq etc) again and to run 2 amps.

In my opinion, you can have a quality amp, but once you put 2 of them on with a doubler

you cant get as fatter sound otherwise. AJ i say get the pedals back and run 2 amps (or 2 kempers like me).

Even if you had an AXE you would still need to run 2 to get the fattest metal sound.

2 amps (be it axe or kemper or tube) always wins for our style that we play.

Not true? Well why does James H from Metallica run TWO Axe FX's live??

Y???? ....Yep thats TWO OF THEM AT ONCE, a Mesa on one Axe, Diezel on the other = fat[ter] sound.

nightlight Its not the amp that you need , you just need to run what you have in the right config

AJ have a beer and just get your pedals back already Bruh.

Ash

I have just as much learning material as rigs, so much good free stuff out there now we are lucky to be guitarist.

I have been studying 7 string voices ATM. Here is a good one for any one with a 7 string who wants to try some thing different.

Ash

Dont worry Bro, you have this tone FOREVER now, unless you spill beer on the hard drive then guess what?

You still have it!!, thats the point of the profiler, dial in what we love and have it ready at a drop of a hat.

Old skool speed metal needs a beer....Cheers to that :)

Ash

Only here can i click on stoner/blaxpoitation psychedelic tracks with groove...now a psychedelic Hendrix funk rap?...GREAT, haha I can only imagine R's house on new years eve ^^.

Track really breathed Renaud, good slow parts with the out there psychedelic . loved the tone too man.

Some how i pictured a chick singing....Renaud, some of us are on holidays and are taking our holiday medicine ^^

So I really appreciate the psychedelic R. <3

Ash

Frank usually i get very bored this time of year, i have to say that your videos have saved a few tedious Sundays my friend, I cant Believe that Tele man , great sound, what a great learning experience Frank. I send some Beers next week.

Ash

Well the GOT packs i tested in the past i put into the "ok" category.....That was UNTIL the Soldano,...FAIR PLAY the Soldano is impressive, that caught my ear..so i will bite my brother and get this pack and report , just need to wait for my 6 mission pedals to come back from repair.

Ill be able to test all the effects as have the pedals to do so :)

Ash

The atmosphere is great R, .any one that reads HP Lovecraft and knows of his tragic life would appreciate the strange atmosphere , moods and vibe of this man. Some singing also so i can complain hahha. I am listening to this a lot they are great man, to me each one is getting better too. Good work Renaud.

Ash