Posts by jpoelmans

I ordered mine last Sunday 16 februari from the EU Kemper Store, and it was at my doorstep in Belgium on Tuesday 18 februari. Despite the 7 days delivery time that's stated on the Kemper Store. Thomann takes about 3-4 days to get goods which are advertised as 'in stock' on my doorstep...

I remember that back when I ordered my Kemper Remote it's was the same deal, so I already suspected this would be the case....

Your sentence says 'It's the guitar Pickup" that get Hum from an EMF.

Try to detect the EMF source using an EMF Meter or EMF Detector.
    The Venue owner should help to fix that, because it will have impact for every Live-Band.

That!

You stated earlier that you even have noise with only guitar and headphones connected. Thats a situation where you can not have any ground loop, so ground lift switches are not the solution (well, doesn't hurt to try to flip em and hear any difference....). But there are other noise sources:

* A bad power supply, for example noise that is injected on the power source by dim packs. Allways try to have your lighting, fridges, and other heavy equipment electrically as far away as possible from your sound equipment: ie by having a totally separate 3x380V cable to the generator for your sound equipment. A power conditioner can help, but be carefull with like 12V to 230V converters. My Kemper particularly does not like my campers battery power! noise all over te place!

* EMF... We guitarists are proud to use technology from the 50s, but it's very very flawed. Those pickups are antennas. For example, when my robot lawn mower starts to do my lawn a get all sorts off noise through my cans, and this gets worse when a switch to high gain, is muted when my guitar volume is rolled to 0... That lawn mover is battery powered, completely wireless, so that noise can't travel through ground or live wires, the EMF noise is airborne....

PS: ground lifts make ground loops better but EMF noise worse... Wires can act as antennas...

Hey, I never said I don't need one, I only said it's a little bit overreacting to say you can't use a Kemper Stage without, just because you won't kneel down for it :D

Given the stir that Mac OS Catalina caused, being 64-bit compatible only, the change to USB-C on their hardware in the past, and in general the speed by which computer hard- or software becomes "deprecated":

Wouldn't it be a good idea to make sure the Profiler's Import feature can import separate rigs or presets from a USB stick. It already can export seperate rigs, but for import, you can only choose all or nothing, which is.... cumbersome, if Rig Manager would one day be unsupported on my PC ;)

And being less reliant on Rig Manager gives users more peace of mind for the future. Offcourse I would like that editor too, Rig Manager is way less cumbersome than a USB stick, And C.K.'s philosophy about long term support is one of the best if not the best in the industry. But bankruptcies and other bad shit happen. Despite CK's philosophy, Kemper will not support this device to the end of times, even CK doesn't know what lies in the long term future... making sure that USB stick can import separate rigs will make it more useable in case of dropped support on computer platforms, and make it a timeless piece of gear, just like the JP8000 and other vintage synths.

After the stage release, i think it is.

I guess all those people with pedalboards are out of luck then...

Oh, and the more that USB connection is used for, the more reliant this piece of otherwise timeless gear will become on the not so timeless computer OS connected to it... What if Kemper goes bankrupt, or ceases to update rig manager after 3.0? by the time Mac OS is at 10.18 it won't work anymore... For that reason alone I would even suggest that the Profiler gets a function to import rig by rig from a USB stick, it will make it even more timeless and not reliant on changing PC hard- and software... Not that I'm against an editor, but I don't rely on it...

Might you, I'm a " minor tweaks and go" type of player.. I think guitarists fit into 2 camps, those searching for sonic nirvana and can quote the frequency range that needs changing to get their sound or those who don;t really know what to use mid for ( me!).

This, despite that I am quite a gear junk, I don't play with different settings a lot, I am mostly trying to get better in playing the actual guitar...

Now, Kemper was my first amp (after a Roland Cube), because I knew that gave the best FOH sound (having done FOH duties a lot), but after that I tried a helix, tried a JVM410, tried pedals in front of combos, and really, I still like my Kemper the best, I can't get pedals to sound better than "a Fender with a pedal", and the JVM and helix sound quite ice-picky, which I don't know how to dial out. The makers of some great Kemper profiles did know, so I just use those, problem solved :D

Well, don't forget to have your router log data traffic to your computer/ipad/phone and substract it from your practice time...

And finally you can trigger an applause sample when you reach 10.000 hours ;)

Output knob, -> page 3, monitor cab off. Its a global setting, that way you wont have to turn off the cab section every time, and you can have the emulated cab still on the master...

And yes, the Kemper makes an educated guess about which part off the sound is the cab, and which is the cab (except with direct profiles, then its not a guess anymore, it just measured the pure amp). Turning the cab off will bypass the cab part...

Respectfully have to disagree with IEM for the future - too many (myself included) tinnitus sufferers out there.

The ambience atmosphere can never be realistically captured in headphones, imo ....

The point is, the ambience atmosphere in FOH position gets turned into an undefined mud by spill and reflections from stage monitors and guitar amps. Who's sound experience is the most important: yours or your audiences?

Nah you dont need 4x12 for Bb, just a single 18 inch with a large enough cab will do. Something professional like RCF TTS-18a... 60 kilos including wheels, but goes where no bass combo has gone before :)

Suspecting Kemper Kabinet wont go there, 95% of the users want to plat guitar and go as compact as possible,...