Posts by Morph

Just got this the other day and it’s killer straight into the Kemper with some big delays and reverb. An added bonus is that lead sound one is just like the Metheny elephant sound. Next step is to put it on the loop and have it in a performance.

I started in the seventies by ear, stopping and starting tapes and moving the needle back on vinyl. I heard and saw patterns in the music and this was explained in my twenties by a fabulous teacher. I love the theory and I think knowing it moved my ear to places it wouldn’t have gone otherwise. I also did quite a lot of transcribing early on.

My KPA worked today for our first set but when we came back from a break, there was no output. This also happened the day before. Has this happened to anybody else?

I used the monitor mix app on an iPad and found it helpful to put it into airplane mode then turn the wifi back on again. It helped with losing connection to the C32 router

That would be possible, and by the looks of it, unbelievably this will be one of the less fussy ways yo achieve this.

I don't usually change by solo boost volume too much, but if it needs to change, it seems there's no clear and simple way to achieve this even though the Kemper with Remote is such a powerful tool.

I use different performances for the same Edge delay sound at different tempos. It’s pretty straightforward, and if you’ve decided what works at a particular venue, you could probably stick on the performance with the same boost. Enjoy.

This may be helpful

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Plug a jack cable from the direct out to any input. Use 2 spdif cables as you describe above. Enable two tracks in ableton,one for the clean signal from the di out and one for the spdif.

I did the reamp thing in two stages, first record a clean track from the direct output into any input on the 6i6 with it set to Git Analog, this will be a completely clean track to reamp later. You can still monitor through the Spdif outs which are master stereo. Then assign the clean track to 5 or 6 in Ableton ( this is the default output for spdif on the 6i6.)

Play your track back and set the kemper input to spdif input reamp.

I hope this makes sense

Your input should be set like this

Connect the analog or S/PDIF OUTPUT of your recording device to the or of the PROFILER. Go to the input menu and set “Input Source” to either “Return Input Reamp” or “S/PDIF Input Reamp”. If you have already recorded the DI signal, play it back now and feed it to the PROFILER.

RETURN

S/PDIF INPUT

You don’t have to unplug your guitar from the front input . It will no longer be routed to the signal flow of the PROFILER, due to the “Reamp” Input Source settings - however, it still feeds the selected DI output and thus the input of your recording device.

As soon as you arm a track on your recording device, you will hear your guitar being fed through the device and back into the reamp input. This routing might introduce some latency from your recording device; to avoid this, set “Input Source” back to “Front Input” for as long as you are recording.

And spdif output should be set to master stereo (or mono whichever you want}

To use the mission pedal to activate the effect and then use it, you need 2 cables. It’s explained here

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It may be a case of emperor’s new clothes but I perceive a real difference in pitch accuracy and stability in both of my guitars since doing it. I’m going to take the tension down a bit as I don’t need a minor third on the G string but I’ll keep the angle. Horses for courses I guess.