Posts by Storms_of_Evermore

Hi there! For anything with gain I run a low pass between 6000 and 8000.

It takes the harsh mic effect away and thickens the sound.

Awesome, thanks. The problem is, I recorded several albums worth of guitars... I mean worst case I could do them all again, but I've been rolling back to 5K... originally I thought it was 9K, but when I looked it's 5K. I'm finding that it's making them a bit flat... kind of? Thank you

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to the Kemper. I am running the Kemper Profiler direct into my Zen Tour and I was wondering, does anyone roll off the highs... maybe back to like 9K? I'm not sure if I'm hearing it, but it seems like on many of the Kemper profiles running direct has some sort of fizz or something... maybe it's just me? Not sure? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I am getting this really unpleasant digital distortion or something happening to where the Kemper input is showing red. I'm even dropped the master volume way down and the regular volume way down. Sometimes when I engage the pedal it rockets the volume through the Kemper and distorts? I have no clue? I will keep experimenting?

Hi all you Kemper nutbags! I love this thing! I recently Plugged a wah pedal in the front input of the Kemper and selected a profile and released the pedal does not respond, like it does if I just run the wah with any distortion box direct into my interface. I was just hoping there was a way I could dial it in the front without having to run everything on the backside of the unit? Thanks in advance! Rock on!

Thanks guys. I tried to do the lock thing, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I un-selected the effects and hit Lock, but when I change rigs it becomes active again. I'm sure it's user error so I will keep fumbling till I figure it out. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

I know if you press the effects button it will turn them off or on. What I am talking about is, in the settings is there a way the effects can be turned off, so as I switch profiles... they are off? Sometimes I forget to turn them off when tracking. Thank you

Sorry guys, I tried to post the Soundcloud links but could not figure it out. Did not mean to spam everyone. I will just experiment and figure it all out. You guys have given me tremendous guidance. Thank you so much.

It's not clipping in the DAW. The DAW is showing generally -20 to -24dB, sometimes I bring it up to -15dB max in the DAW.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Of course. The point is that if the output signal is too hot and clipping the input of your device, -12 db might just bring it down to a level that will not.

EDIT: Put the brakes on son! Edit, don't chain-post please. Take your soundcloud share link, pack it in between [ media ] and [ /media ] (take out the spaces in the media tags, only way could get it to show up), and it should work a little better than whatever is going on here.

It's not clipping in the DAW. The DAW is showing generally -20 to -24dB, sometimes I bring it up to -15dB max in the DAW.

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/518523405%3Fsecret_token%3Ds-LsMUg&color=%23ff5500&auto_play=true&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true&visual=true"></iframe>

Guys, I know how shitty this sounds. It's badly out of tune. I will take the guitar into GC tomorrow to get the intonation right. C# just doesn't seem to hold on the guitar I rebuilt. I know this is painful to listen to, but the main thing is how shitty the recording sounds. Keep in mind a few things... like a dumbass, I printed the effects, I also send the Kemper into a mic-pre and probably had the mic pre at -6 to -12dB I am honestly not sure. This is a Marshall JCM800 Top Jimi. Apologies to Jimi as I know how good these sound and I surely did not do them justice!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Apologies to all of you... I know none of you deserve to hear this... but thank you.

Guys, I know how shitty this sounds. It's badly out of tune. I will take the guitar into GC tomorrow to get the intonation right. C# just doesn't seem to hold on the guitar I rebuilt. I know this is painful to listen to, but the main thing is how shitty the recording sounds. Keep in mind a few things... like a dumbass, I printed the effects, I also send the Kemper into a mic-pre and probably had the mic pre at -6 to -12dB I am honestly not sure. This is a Marshall JCM800 Top Jimi. Apologies to Jimi as I know how good these sound and I surely did not do them justice!

Apologies to all of you... I know none of you deserve to hear this... but thank you.

Another thing that I think I have screwed up on... I've been sending the Kemper into my interfaces mic-pre and I would assume that is a big non-no. I think that was messing with the sound as well? On the Kemper it says the main output is at -12dB, and I would turn the mic-pre in my interface to -15 dB also or something like this. The thing I also don't get is... if the Main Out is set to -12 and I turn up the master volume or the volume switch louder... wouldn't that in effect take the main output to a higher level? Also, Monkey_Man, do you ever print effects from the Kemper. I know you run the DI as well. Just curious if there is a profile that you're like... this is perfect... I don't need to mess with it?

The wav forms are super tiny, so I would assume that means mostly treble and upper frequencies?

Hi guys. I figured it out pretty much. So all of the knobs below the bass, mid, treble and presence, I have never touched those for paranoia of ruining the original profile. I have found on many of these that the presence knob creates a lot of harsh tones (even at zero) that is very unpleasant to my ears. I have found if the presence knob is backed down to -2.0 it renders a better track without all of that upper stuff. I mean I guess if it's printed it can be dealt with via a LPF? Also, my biggest mistake was printing the effects (I think?). I am recording in mono, so printing reverb and delay in that setting probably isn't best? Know if I was recording stereo from the Kemper then yeah if I love the tone and I can live with it print it! From now on I will record a DI. Monkey-Man told me this a month or two ago and I should have listened!

Also, I am wondering if when I am running the main output into my Zen Tour if somehow I am clipping the Kemper without seeing it clip in Pro Tools on the way in. I know sometimes I turn up the master volume when PT12 is only showing -25 dB