Posts by Richy

Very simple setup here. Kemper on top of a frontloaded diezel v30 4x12.

The profile is a sinmix 5150.

After 20 years of quest, this seems what works best for me in a band setup.

No FRFR nor connection to any FOH.

I am so worried that I could change to the worse, that I do not touch anything anymore. I am in tone heaven and am set in 2 minutes at gigs. Perfect!

Yes, this may well be. I have no FRFR experience yet unfortunately. But I can say, that in my experience, the V30 on high volumes has different frequency response than at lower volume (also add the Flencher Munson effect).

But yes, the solution may be to some extent to run two lines, one guitar cab and one FRFR.

I am in the same boat, meaning running the KPA through a 4x12 with V30 speakers.

My main point of concern for not going FRFR yet, is the live situation. I am in a band doing small to medium gigs and every stage has a 4x12 with often poor monitoring. Often I need to share one monitor with the vocals or the bass player. Also sometimes, I we need to provide the backline for the other bands taking part to the gig.

So, if I go FRFR, in the live situation I will either have poor monitoring, or if I bring my own FRFR speakers, the guitarists of the other bands won't be able to plug in their amps.

Has anyone the same experience and maybe a solution or proposal? Like doing a bunch of profiles for rehearsal with FRF and some other profiles suited for guitar cab? But this would mean to have two different sounds, which I wouldn't like....

I don't know...

I use my KPA fort live and rehearsal with a 4X12 frontloaded Diezel Box with V30 Speakers.

I have 5 performance slots and use 2 profiles. One for the clean parts and one for the dirty parts. For solos I just have one slot with increased amp volume of about 2 db and some small eq and gain tweaks, but still the same profile.

Until last week I had something less than 1000 profiles in my KPA. Now I deleted a lot and ended with about 150. I will keep them because I plan to go FRF somewhen in the near/middle term and would the like to explore some different profiles with the engaged speaker sim before deciding what to keep definitely.

I am so happy that the Kemper behaves as it does!

I look for a profile that I like (imported or from myself) and do not need to deal with changing sound as I increase the volume apart from minor changes in presence/treble and bass in order to compensate fletcher munson.

I have the same sound during rehearsal at high volume and while I compose songs with my mates at low volume. With a real amp this was always source of big frustration and less inspiration!

Also here no disrespect meant, but some of us should maybe spend more time playing, practising and creating great sounds and music with this great piece of gear, rather than wasting hours and hours with many unimportant and selfimposed tiny problems.

We need to enjoy more, the kemper deserves it, and we owe it to ourselves and to our much too short lives!

So, I had rehearsal yesterday evening and the opportunity to try the profiles out and they generally fitted extremely well in the overall sound!

Bear in mind please that I use the Kemper like a normal head, i.e. with a Diezel 4x12 cab frontloaded with v30 speakers, hence I am in a position to opine only with this kind of setup....

I will need to test which one is better for my style and I had not the opportunity to finetune with the inner parameters of the KPA yet. However the profiles are really ready for live use, it was just plug, play and smile!!

Thank you again deadpan!

Thank you very much deadpan!

Hopefully I will have time between work and rehearsal to jump home and download it. We are rehearsing for the farewell gig of our band and ideally it would fit in our sound, let's see....

Though I must warn you, our drummer plays really loud, so I hope the Kemper will swallow it, but I am sure that with some smaller adjustments I would be back in the game :)

Thank you very much once again for all your efforts, I have many profiles from the ones you uploaded in rig manager, they are excellent!

Cheers

I have experienced that we often are dependent from many things we cannot always influence.

I use my kemper powerrack in a high gain environment with my other guitarbuddy playing over an Engl Steve Morse head. The Kemper is used the old fashioned way like a normal head over a diezel 4X12 cab.

Last weekend I had a gig in a well known venue with excellent sound equipment and learned a few weeks before, that we would use Marshall 1960a cabs. So I spent the last rehearsals playing over my old Marshall 1960a cab adjusting the sound via the main output equalizer and managed to get an excellent full sound fitting very well in the mix.

The gig was more kind of a festival with 6 bands and only a short linecheck before starting. To say it in a few words, the Marshall cab at the venue sounded completely different than the one I have in my rehearsal place, on stage I sounded rather harsh and hollow, and after the gig some people came to me saying, that we had an excellent sound but that they could barely hear me.

I guess the soundguy did not krank my line too much, and moreover all the time I spent adjusting during rehearsal was for nothing. Of course I could have fixed this a bit on stage, but honestly, I am nervous before gigs, which sometimes makes my thinking less clear and moreover, time was really little before starting.

So, this is my last gig's story, sometimes I have very good sound, this time I had less luck....

I would however state, that the Kemper is always able to provide a sound that pleases me and at the same time cuts through. In my case, it is rather a matter of experience in how to handle the unit.

Hi everyone

I need some help/assistance on the remote stomp assignments. I searched through the forum and the manuals but could not find a proper guidance. So I hope some of you can help me solve the matter or show me where to find the answers.

I am in Performance Mode and load a rig. In first instance, no stomp button is on. In order to make them light on, I need to press the "Rig" soft button. Then the Kemper says "Press STORE to auto assign". If I do so, the stomps light on, and the four soft buttons say "Clear I-III", whereas right below there seems to be already a fixed assignmant saying "x on/ off" for Clear I, "Mod on /off" for Clear II, "Delay on/off" for Clear III and "Mute" for Clear III. For your orientation the Kemper says "Page 6/6 Remote effect buttons"

I understand that I can change these and also managed to do so most of the times.

But this is what I find weird and could not change to my satisfaction and is difficult to depict for you:

1. First of all I can press the four soft buttons, so that they change form "Clear I-IIII" to "Assign I-IIII". This is fine, but I am not able to have them changing back from "Assign I-IIII" to "Clear I-IIII" unless I press the "Undo" button. If I press "Store", then I am not able to go back to "Clear I- IIII" anymore. Is here something I can do about it?

2. If I try to change the assignment and want for example to move the Wah assignment from Stomp I to Stomp IIII, then I manage to do that, but Stomp I lights off. And if I store, then I am back to question nr 1, as I am not able to amend an "Assign" soft button into a "Clear" soft button unless I reload the entire rig and do "Auto Assign" beginning everything from scratch.

3. Also I understand, that it is possible to assign whatever effect to whatever stomp, but I often fail, as the Stomp buttons go off whitout knowing why. What do I need to do to get it right?

As a result of the above, I am in the situation of having a Rig with only 3 or 2 Stomp buttons being on, and the Wah on Stomp I. Whereas I would need to have all Stomp buttons , say Stomp I with Delay, Stomp II with Phaser, Stomp III with Chorus and Stomp IIII with Wah (instead Wah being on Stomp I)

I hope my description is not too confused, but it matches my current state of mind.

Thanks

I am currently experimenting with shifted A-Tuning. Could someone maybe advise on some good highgain rigs which could help keeping the bass response tight and definition/attack clear but without getting nasally and not getting harsh?

I play 99% at rehearsal/live with 4x12 cab from Diezel equipped with v30 loudspeakers.
    My guitar is a 8 string Blackmachine equipped with Deathbar from Alumitone.

If anyone knows the album, the guitar sound on the actual Nile record is pretty much where I would aim to get to.

Thanks!

All worked well with installing, but the soda it spills now doesn't have enough fizz. And the new incorporated microwave is too weak, only half as many popcorns as promised.

Hence I threw my KPA out of the window, just a few minutes ago. Don't have the time to mess around with this....

skoczy: I will send you the bill from my doctor, just had a heart attack because of you! Happy 1st of April!

I just wanted to suggest the same than Vibracroce. If you adjust in the Output section, you can make the master button react differently.

In my example, I had no sound until say 3 or 4 in the master volume scale. And thereafter a sudden increase, which I didn't like. By casualty I found out that changing the db in the relevant output section, also changed the master volume's behavior. Good luck!

@mojorising

May I ask you, which kind of profiles are you using? Mostly clean, or crunch or high gain? Or all of them?

I also play directly into a guitar cab, and what helped me a lot, was to change the eq-parameters in the monitor output section.

Also, in case you are talking about high gain, I found the ENGL Steve Morse 6 profile by Troy Ellis in the rig exchange. This profile is the only one I discovered until now, which has this punch and depth I was looking for. Don't know, maybe this helps...

Cheers